“Know what you're getting into”

Ramblas Point Studios
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barcelona
Ramblas Point Studios
Ranked #603 of 721 Speciality Lodging in Barcelona
Dusseldorf, Germany
“Know what you're getting into”
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I stayed at Ramblas Point for four nights and it was an...how shall I put it...unusual experience. First of all, Ramblas Point is not a hotel. It is a dozen studio apartments located in a regular residential building in the Raval disctrict of Barcelona. There is no reception. After you land at the airport, you call the owner and he will send somene to meet you at the studios and check you in. They ask to be paid in cash upfront. Then all you get is keys to the building and the apartment. As you check out, you just leave the keys in the apartment and close the door behind you.

The studios are very conveniently located just a 5 minute walk from La Rambla and 10 minutes from Plaza Catalunya. But the location is difficult to find as it is in a side alley of a side alley. And the alley does look somewhat intimidating at first. But it is safe and brightly lit at night.

The building is typical old style Barcelona. Six floors, steep and narrow stairs with knee-high railings. Luckily my apartment was on the 2nd floor. And the apartment itself was spotless. The one in the photo shown here could have been mine. Very comfortable bed, flat-screen tv, high speed internet, and a full kitchen with fridge, oven, stove, microwave and a washer for clothes. Bathroom had some minor wear and tear, but was clean. The AC did not work in my room, which was no problem in early October, but in July or August it sure would have been. And the place is noisy. I needed earplugs to sleep.

For a four night stay Ramblas Point was ok for me. I enjoyed being in the heart of the Raval district with bars, restaurants and shops just around the corner. But I am not sure if I will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Hugely disappointing!
We booked this apartment for 3 people (not cheap, 501 euros for 4 nights) in August 2012 and were looking forward to have a good holiday. Few days before departure we were informed by the management team that there was no elevator in this 5 storey building but we would have our room on first floor. Alarm bells rang but we decided to give it a go.

We reached there. The location was OK and very near to Ramblas. We were given an address of a nearby restaurant and asked to wait there on arrival where a gentleman came to meet us and took us to a building which looked like a residential block. There was no reception and we were taken to a room on 4th floor via a very narrow staircase. The room was very small for 3 people and we were told that there was no room available which could accommodate 3 people and we were offered an extra room on another floor which means that all 3 of us in the family could not be together. Not really our vision of a family holiday!

The weather was extremely hot and we were sweating a lot. Then the bomb-shell was dropped that there was no air conditioning in the room and for that matter in most of the rooms. It was clearly mentioned in the information at the time of booking that there was air conditioning.

By this time we were quite sceptical of other services in the lodging, felt angry, cheated and decided not to check- in. However we have still been charged the full amount. We reported this to the booking website but the owner have rejected all claims as false and refused to pay back. They even claimed that they offered to repair the air conditioning etc.

Looking through other websites now it appears that other people have had similar experience. There certainly are other places available for a comparable place and we would not recommend this apartment to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank SGIG

Travellers are raving about these Barcelona hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

This really was the most dissapointing accommodation of all my hotels this holiday.

The location is close, and isn't a long walk from the city. However this is probably the only positive point I have.

The place is a rundown apartment block that has been refreshed with some stencil sheet walls and a lot of color to distract you from the underlying problems.

The Wifi connection is Horrible!!!! I sat outside my room daily in the prayer if getting 1 bar of reception. The Airconditioner was broken... In the peak of Summer. A fan was given but it blew the hot air around and made sleeping a nightmare.

When I arrived I was told that all these problems would be rectified... Not once in the 5 days I was there was it ever addressed again.
When some local Barcelonan friends visited and saw the condition of the place and how much I paid, they explained that I was extremely overcharged.

A big mistake

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank JAMHAL
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I stayed at Ramblas Point for a week with a friend and we had a great stay there! The location was amazing, right near La Ramblas and the Liceu metro stop. it's also really close to the market, a nice perk. The apartment was super clean when we showed up. Since the air conditioning wasn't working, they put a fan in the room - a very sufficient substitution. the staff were very friendly and accommodating. We changed the duration of our stay and there was no issue with refunding us for the one night (we had given about 2 weeks notice). They were very prompt in replying to any email correspondence - easy to reach. the bed was good, the bathroom was good and clean, plenty of storage space and the kitchen was stocked with all the pots/pans you may need. even a bottle opener! the balcony was great to get some fresh air. overall we had a great time! no complaints at all!

Room Tip: Maybe ask who else is renting the units while you're planning to stay there. We had the unfortun...