“Like living an episode of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations!”

Aborigens -Local Food Insiders
Ranked #25 of 185 Food & Drink in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: "One of the 6 Best Food Tours in the World" (The Sunday Times, UK) Avoid tourist traps and explore the real local gastronomy of Barcelona with native experts. Aborigens suggests tours for foodies and for those who want to enjoy and taste Catalan cuisine in a vibrant, passionate and casual manner. Enjoy local recipes, discover non-touristic spots across the country and meet its people while we show you the most succulent side of Catalonia. Fully Licensed Tour Operator.
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Truly the highlight of my visit to Barcelona! A must do if you want a true local food and cultural experience!
We wound up having to do a private tour since no one else reserved and I think our experience was even better as a result. Francesc our guide is a local food journalist and was super friendly and very knowledgable in catering the tour to whatever culinary interests you have. Even if you don't normally eat a lot of adventurous food, go with an open mind and try what the local Catalans eat - I had my first ever anchovies, escargot, and veal/mussel meatballs in squid ink. All delicious!
Francesc took us to several places off the beaten path, almost all of which I would have never gone into on my own since I don't speak the language. But in every instance it was incredible and everyone was super friendly. The food and drink pairings were things I would have never otherwise tried and I loved every one of them! I can't stop saying enough good things about this tour!

8  Thank Rob S
"local culture"
"great information"
"unforgettable experience"

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I cannot explain how much fun and great food and wine off and on the beaten track I experienced on this tapas tour. Don't think about if do it! If you're in barcelona and haven't booked this contact them they'll fit you in. They did for me!! I was a solo traveller and met other solo travellers and couples on this evening that after the tour formally finished we continued through until god knows what hour! Great fun! Great guides! Great value!

1  Thank Inspired-wonderer
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had a really interesting tour of the markets and were introduced to some interesting places to sample local food that we wouldn't have found on our own. Our guide was really knowledgeable, being a food writer, and kept us entertained throughout the tour. The group was really small so the tour was personal and we had plenty of opportunity to ask questions and discuss the food and venues.
We ate sooooo much good quality food it was a shame that we weren't more hungry. We'd definitely do one of their tours again.

1  Thank UnA-productions
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Very enjoyable evening: great group as well as as tour leader. Visited places that we would never have found. Interesting food, wine and good introduction to Catalan culture. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Denis M
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Really enjoyed this tour. Went on The Outer Food Tour. Spent the day with a small group (8 of us touring). Every stop was beautiful and amazing. The food was terrific! At each stop we enjoyed a different locally produced specialty. These included sausages, cheese and bread (from freshly milled flour) a delightful lunch and finally a vineyard with wine tasting.

At each stop we had a delightful combination that brought us a deeper understanding of Catalon cuisine and pure enjoyment of a lovely day out with delicious food, drink and fun companions.

1  Thank obladee