“Wonderful neighborhood spot”

Vino y Otros Remedios
Ranked #77 of 9,396 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$13 - US$31
Cuisines: Mediterranean, European, Spanish, Greek, Wine Bar
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: El Raval
Description: Delicious wine bar and precious wine-shop. It has got a huge selection of national and international wines, cheese, cold cuts and other gourmet products. Various and attractive menu of tapas. Possibility of tasting menu.
Sacramento, California
“Wonderful neighborhood spot”
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

We were looking for placing in our neighborhood on TA and chose Vinos y Otros based on the reviews: we chose correctly! The owner, Umberto, greeted us as if we were regulars, and helped us select different wines to try along with some delicious cold tapas. The squash with truffle oil was delicious! We enjoyed the opportunity to have regional wines explained to us and the chance to compare them to see what we like. When we looked up at 2300 we realized we were the last ones there--it was a Tuesday night, so no one had their party shoes on yet. Definitely going back!

Visited July 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Portland
“Wine bar and shop with excellent service”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Twice I stopped here on my way home for a little night cap. The owners are italian and their wine covers most of the regions in europe but they small spanish collection is excellent. I bought 3 bottles of white to take home and spent less than $10/bottle for some very distinctive wine. One night I attended they had live music playing a mix of fun styles. the clientele is quite friendly and two charming elderly women invited me to join them at their table for a glass and some cold tapas. Yes they don't have warm tapas, but you to for the wine and company not for the food.

• Visited June 2013
Brooklyn, New York
“Great little place for a glass of wine and a snack”
Reviewed 23 April 2013

During our recent trip to Barcelona my husband and I stopped in for a glass of wine. We wound up trying 2 glasses each of local wines - both excellent. In addition, we had a Spanish cheese plate and some olives which were pretty phenomenal as well. The owner, Umberto, was very friendly and knowledgeable about regional wines and helped us make our decisions about what to try. We wound up getting into and interesting conversation about Barcelona and the surrounding area with him and 2 other patrons who were locals. Overall, a great experience was had.

• Visited April 2013
“Hidden Gem in Barcelona”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I'll start by explaining why 4 instead of 5. The menu lacked hot tapas - you're limited to a decent selection of cold tapas. That threw me off a bit, but this was the PERFECT place to enjoy small cold plates, a glass/bottle of wine, and the occasional live music performance. The lady and I stopped in on the way back to our hotel around 8 for an early dinner before heading out later, and the owner/host couldn't have been more accommodating. The small venue was empty, but the wine rack was full. He was incredibly knowledgeable of his wine selection, and was able to explain the specials to me in English. Wine was top notch, and the cold tapas were well prepared and filling enough. What put our visit over the top was that about 30 minutes into our visit (a few more patrons arrived) a guitarist and a violinist performed in the back corner of the restaurant. Absolutely perfect for the atmosphere. This was probably the nicest surprise stop during our Barcelona trip. I would definitely consider returning when I visit the city again.
FYI.. we went on a Thursday. I'm not sure if the live music thing is a regular occurrence, but maybe try another Thursday?

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Antman770
Barcelona, Spain
“Wine and tapas in nice atmosphere, good value for money”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Being a regular customer of Umberto's wine bar, I cannot recommend enough this place.
The wine selection is very varied, mostly spanish wines, with a fair representation of italian and french wines. Having been 8 years in Barcelona, this is a place were I could really deepen my knowledge of spanish wines (mencía 'uva', used in castilla and galicia, is probably the most original, have a go at it).
Tapas are a mix of top spanish and italian delicacies, cheese selection is very well cared
The local is cosy and conveniently situated next to plaza españa.
Check them on facebook as the owner runs some events like wine tasting or special sunday 'aperitivos'.

• Visited October 2012