“Good selection of beers”
Review of La Cerveteca - CLOSED

La Cerveteca
Neighbourhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Neighbourhood: Barrio Gotico (Barri Gotic)
Toledo, Spain
“Good selection of beers”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Micro-brewery beers are not very popular in the wine country, but they still exist and in La Cerveteca you can find nice selection of the Catalonian beers, it's not a huge selection but for beer aficionado definitely worth to visit it.

• Visited June 2014

USA
“Great”
Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Fun, laid back atmosphere, local brews, easy beers with friends. Would come back again, and purchased beers to go home.

Oslo, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dishonest bartender”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I normally don't bother writing reviews, but I feel inclined to do so after my experience today. I ordered 2 half liter beers for 5.50€ and paid with a 20€ bill. The bartender gave me back 12€. ???? Did he think I wouldn't notice?! I stood there for 5 minutes waiting for him to acknowledge me because I wanted my money. When he finally did, I asked him where the rest of my change was.... He gave me a thumbs up. Yeah, you know what you did...you lying, thieving jerk. As a bartender myself, I'm appalled that any bartender would act in such a manner. His dishonest behavior certainly lost the tip I would have left....
Also, the bar smelled like rotten cheese. We had to stand outside because the smell was overwhelming.
My opinion.... Find another bar. There are plenty of other ones offering craft beer. If you do go here, then pay attention that you get the correct change. They must make a fortune on ripping people off.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Tara K
London, United Kingdom
“If you love beer, this is THE place to go in the gothic quarter”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Love beer ? Tired being offered a choice between Estrella and Estrella (or Estrella and other insipid lagers) ? Missing dark beers ?

If the answers to these questions are yes, yes and yes, this is the bar to go to. Grungy but amiable, with a vast variety of beers on the offer. Gentleman manning the bar was even kind of enough to offer a taste of the two beers on tap which looked tempting to me (a porter and a strong and dark fruity Belgian, which I both had, and were great).

• Visited March 2014
Hayward, California
“A beer bar in wine country”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Wandered into La Cerveteca after dinner to check it out, since I like beer. A nice place that seems to be just getting established as a beer bar. They have about 9 beers on tap, a few craft brews, but mostly European. They also have a couple glass door coolers with bottle beer to buy and try, either on site in a clean glass, or to take home. The bottle beers are all craft brew type beers, with a big selection of Rogue Ales, a couple Italian craft beers, a few German beers. The prices on the bottle beers were pretty high, but then again where are you going to find some craft beer in Spain? Draft beer seemed a little more reasonably priced, and is probably much fresher.

The small crowd was mostly gathered in the well lighted front area hovering around the barrel tables and the beer bar. There happened to be a pair of musicians with a guitar and a bongo drum making some nice noise, that added to local feel of the place. A cool place for a beer, I'm sure it will improve with time, and their ability to source good craft beer from around the world and maybe someday in Spain.

• Visited November 2013