“Cosy, homely, relaxing”

Coroleu House Barcelona
Reviewed 11 October 2013

A great place to chill out in Barcelona. Clean, well equipped kitchen, comfy beds, quiet, feels safe and is a good place for solo travellers to meet people. The owner adds you on whatsapp when you arrive and sends you loads of tips on what to do in BCN. The hostel is in a lovely part of BCN st Andreu, and you get a feel for the local culture. The city centre is just a metro ride away and I felt safe as a solo female traveller coming back alone late at night after a night out clubbing in the centre. Would definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 11 October 2013

to: Jose Maria,

when I was looking for a special hostel last year I compared different kinds of hostels in different kind of prices and places in Barcelona.

We found some sweet pictures which persuaded us to book this hostel for about 8 days and the comments were all the same. Every review was positive and all of them who already went to Coroleu House were fired up :-)
... and this is what I can also give back!!! This is the best hostel and accomodation I've been to and I've stayed at.
It started that we arrived about midnight and the Host Jose Maria had no problem to welcome us at about 1 o clock. The next thing ist that he gave us a really really welcome arrival by offering us everything we might have wanted. He explained everything we needed to know. (at this time! it was in the middle of the night.

He was so warmhearted, protective and thoughtful. He gave us tips about the perfect stay in Barcelona. We were also involved in some spanish lessons.
He gave us the best days in this city so that we saw the most imporant things of it.

In the moment you entering the house, you just feel at home.

The taste of the furniture, curtains, bathrooms, bed linen was so fresh and really mordern. We liked it a lot.
It was clean and always a pleasure to come home after a hard day, carrying tons of shopping bags or walking around for hours to see sightseeing places. I guess we sometimes rather stayed "at home" with Jose Maria than walking around that big city. ;-)

If ANYBODY (of my friends) needs an accommodation in BCN I will suggest this hostel.

Jose, you're the best. Please be sure, I will come back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Even before we arrived, I felt most welcome by the owner Jose Maria, who gave me a little advice about arriving in Barcelona. He is a fantastic Guesthouse keeper who after staying as his guests, now seems like an old friend to us who we've known for many years! On arrival, Jose asked us about what we would like to see and do in Barcelona, then he gave us many recommendations, showing us maps and sending us links via the wifi.
The Coroleu is more of an intimate houseshare with other guests rather than a hostel and without feeling intrusive. It really has such a homely feel with everything you need and isn't too far away from local shops and transport. My husband, myself, our girls and my mother shared the ensuite room that sleeps six. The room was clean, beds were comfortable and the shower always hot and really powerful. While there we visited the Gracia festival, Ramblas and other sites with ease.
The train ran direct from Barcelona airport to Sant Andreu, it took around 30 min and cost us 18 Euro one way. The hotel is then approx 10 min walk. Exit the station, start walking straight sort of uphill, cross over toward and up the side of the church, cross straight over the main road where you'll see the glass subway lift and plaza, continue straight untill you come to a small plaza. Turn left, walk a few minutes straight up the road and you'll have to cross to the other side for the road that the Coroleu is on.
If your looking for a typical tourist place, this is not it. However, if you want an authentic spanish feeling & speaking location, this is great!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Hola!!!!It is the first lonely trip for me although I found some partners finally...At first, I was a little scared to an unknown city, however lived here made me feel like at home..It's the best house I have ever stayed...Jose is so kind and warmhearted, he helped me a lot with every single teeny-weeny request...He showed me two-days itinerary, the wonderful restaurant but not so expensive.The place is clean and tidy with a peaceful and calm neighborhood. You can find everything in the kitchen and bathroom...there are lockers with keys for guest...There is an amazing floriated droplight I liked so much...I lived in a mixed room in garret and made lots friends there...When I was leaving there, I started to miss everything and every single time I lived there...I will definitely go back to Barcelona and live at the same place here...Gracias!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2013

My friend and I stayed here in March, 2013. Barcelona was our first stop during our vacation throughout Spain. By far the favorite place we stayed! Jose Maria was so welcoming and helpful! The place was clean, bright and had everything we needed. The area the hostel is located felt safe and was an easy metro ride to all the sites...and was far away from the sites to get an authentic feel of the people and the city. I will definitely stay here again if I'm lucky enough to travel to Spain again!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2013

It is a lovely hostle situated at a safe neighbourhood. You can find everything you need here, and the staff is really helpful. It just feel like home and I had a very good memory of it. By the way, there's an amazing buffet near it, you should not miss it! I will definitely stay here again when I go to barcelona!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We are a family of 5 and this is the best hostel we have ever stayed in. There are only 4 bedrooms in the property and therefore it feels like you are renting a whole house. The facilities were spotless, a cleaner came in every day and our host Jose was so helpful, nothing was too much trouble. The house is set in a very quiet area, 5 minutes walk from the metro, which takes you into the centre of Barcelona in less than 20 minutes. We would definitely recommend this accommodation

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family