“Christmas break”
Living room, Wifi, Cable, Btooth HiFi, sunny terrace with sea views, 2 sofas (200x140cm HQ sofa-bed) Living room, dining room, terrace exit at the end of the space. Carefully chosen antiques and design
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Living Room
Living Room
Tv (International channels), Blu-ray, Hi-Fi with bluetooth connection, cd/dvd collection. Antiques
Main couch, which is a high quality sofa-bed. Decoration combines antiques and design pieces
Dining area next to the living room
Living room with two comfortable couches, even couch covers are tailor-made, best quality linen
Linen in the apartment combines tailor made with best quality textiles, leather and hand made carpet
Detail of an auxiliar design lamp
Detail of the lamp above the table
Furniture detail (dining area)
Detail of antiques carefully chosen for the living room floor, enjoy the shapes, textures and colour
The Master Bedroom
Master bedroom general view, with combined antique and design furniture
The Master Bedroom
Master bedroom with the office area. Perfect wifi in all the apartment.
Office area in Master bedroom. Various Barcelona, Catalonia books. Enjoy the Impressive Guest Guide!
The Queen Bedroom
Second Bedroom with double-bed. Antiques and design. An individual bed can be added on demand
Second Bedroom with double-bed. Every detail, lamp, furniture, house linen, is carefully chosen
Second bedroom with two beds (double plus individual), added at no cost. Also HQ sofa-bed in living.
Kitchen
Big kitchen, perfectly equipped, even with table. All necessary electros, everything best quality
Kitchen
Kitchen office. Splendid welcome pack, and the owner personal service has been tripadvisor awarded!
Even in the kitchen you find antiques that have been carefully chosen
Kitchen
Bathroom with shower/bath tube. Even first aid kit, couture/sewing kit, hair dryer...all details
Terrace
The romantic terrace with five chairs, is intimate and you have some sea views from it
Terrace view, you can see the sea, steps away, which is behind the white building in same block
Terrace
Home Entrance
Entrance
Parking
Elevators
Street
Some Master Bedroom details
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Claire C
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Christmas break”
Reviewed 28 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

Well appointed apartment, thoughtfully stocked and equipped by David.

Very convenient for enjoying both the beach (in walking distance) and the city sights (easily accessed via metro). David is most helpful sharing his knowledge and willing to assist if needed. Can't fault the place and will definitely consider a second visit!

Kathy-fro...
Chino, California
“Hidden Gem of City Centre!!!”
Reviewed 30 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
people found this review helpful

First time in Barcelona and we were lucky enough to book David's 5 star apartment! It is the PERFECT place to stay! My husband and I loved staying at David's apartment for its location and the fact that it made us feel like were coming home every night to a cozy, safe and comfortable house rather than a sterile hotel room. The apartment is impeccably furnished and is equipped with everything you need to make your stay hassle free. Whether you are staying for one week or a month, you will enjoy knowing that you are within walking distance to the subway, the sea, excellent restaurants and even a shopping mall. There are two markets within a block away should you want to stay in and make meals for yourself. David is truly ANAZING!!! He goes above and beyond to make sure your stay is one which will be both enjoyable and unforgettable. From the moment you arrive, he has stocked up the kitchen with provisions and has a welcoming bottle of wine waiting for you. How wonderful, especially after being in the air for over 12 hours. He looks forward to sharing his love of Barcelona, the history of Catalonia and its people, the various architectural sites and the surrounding cities with his guests by assisting them with their travel questions, explaining tourists destinations and sharing top must see spots. David shares his expert knowledge by mapping out surrounding individual city sites in a detailed binder he has created for his visitors to use. This binder is a priceless tool! It is filled with detailed maps of Barcelona and every surrounding city plus detailed suggestions as to where to go and what to do once you get there. For example, if you are looking to visit Segrada Familia, he explains the route to take via the subway, which direction walking you need to go once off the subway and even local places to stop and have a coffee and pastry before going inside the basillica. We used it daily as it helped us navigate the city with ease. We felt extremely blessed to have stayed here as it gave us a feel of daily Spanish life. The neighborhood was quiet and safe. We loved coming home after sightseeing and having a glass of wine outside on the balcony watching the children playing in the large courtyard below. Lots of great memories were made here! David was available 24/7 to answer any and all questions, give us advice and even tell us the best most efficient routes to take going to certain areas. We were extremely happy with our decision to rent this beautiful space for a week! We are planning our next trip to Barcelona and planning to stay at David's once again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The availability of the owner, the service and attention to detail he shows his guests!
Liked least: Nothing!!!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 2 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Well equipped apartment with an outsandingly helpful host
Liked least: Nothing
Huntsville, Alabama
“Lovely Barcelona Apartment”
Reviewed 1 November 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

We stayed with David for five days in early October. David met us at the apartment and he spent the next couple of hours describing the local area and the many sights of Barcelona. He loves his city and is happy to spend as much time as you desire telling you about the fascinating architecture and history of Barcelona. If you have no interest in this, just let him know what your interests are up front and he will make his presentation fit your needs. The lovely apartment looks just like the pictures. David thoughtfully left wine, fruit, coffee, and some vegetables in the kitchen for us. It is stocked with most condiments that you will need. The local grocery store is two blocks away. A very large shopping center is just across the park. Everything you need - restaurants, shopping, metro, and of course, the beach are all only a short walk away. David lives not far away and is always on call for you. He is very responsive to your needs. The area feels very community oriented and you feel safe walking anywhere - even by yourself. In the late afternoon and early evening, the communal garden area at the complex is filled with families and their children. Happy sounds of children laughing and playing float up to the apartment patios. You will feel at home here and you will really enjoy meeting and visiting with David. He works very hard to make you feel like you are “at home”.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Having to leave
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
JudySanta...
Santa Rosa, CA
“Absolutely the best!!”
Reviewed 27 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

My friend and I, 2 women in our 60's, just left this apartment. It was wonderful in every way. David, the owner, is a very special man and truly cares that his guests have a wonderful time. He communicated with us frequently prior to our arrival and was there waiting for us after our lengthy flights from the U.S. We sat for a couple of hours with him as he gave us recommendations of places to see, restaurants, explained the transportation options, and went over the apartment in great detail. He even offered to take us on a special outing to some villages outside of Barcelona, but we ran out of time. He has created a huge book filled with maps, websites, everything you might want to know. And yet he was never intrusive. He lives about 15 minutes away and made it clear a text or phone call would be responded to immediately. The apartment is spotlessly clean, both beds were very comfortable and the kitchen with all new appliances was amazing. The apartment is an area of locals, we always felt safe even after dark, and the hop on hop off bus and the metro were very close. We were close to the beach and the waterfront, yet the metro quickly took us wherever else we wanted to be in the city. We could not have asked for a more perfect stay in Barcelona, nor a better host than David. If you can stay here, you should!

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 65+
buffytvs4...
Toronto, Canada
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed 26 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

The location is terrific, close to metro, buses, beach, stores and restaurants. David is very attentive, perhaps too much so, but that isn't altogether bad. If I could I would have rated our stay 4.5, the only flaw being noise from other apartments early in the morning or late at night, and from the park outside when the kids got out of school at 5 pm. The apt itself is very nice and contains everything you could possibly need.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Management Response
28 Mar 2016
Hi!

I wanted to take the opportunity after your review to thank you again for having chosen my apartment, and for reviewing it.
I also want to thank you for being so polite and kind, like all Canadian guests!.
Regarding your comments, I would like to go a bit on them, in order to provide more information to future guests.
You comment that the location of the apartment is «terrific, close to metro, buses, beach, stores and restaurants», many thanks.
Regarding you comments about me I think I have to comment, otherwise future guests migh not understand: «David is very attentive, perhaps too much so, but that isn't altogether bad».
Well, in your case, you had visited the city several times, at least your wife 7 or 8 times, so you were experts.
Also were you coming to the apartment directly from a very long transoceanic flight.
As I explained you in my arrival arrangements email, on arrival I use to explain the city well (unless you specify opposite) , with my tablet and maps and the apartment city guide, and you did politely comment that a long explanation was probably not necessary in your case.
But on arrival I felt like explaining anyway (all guests love my guide). Although it was a bit shorter than usual, it was too long for your case. Sorry for that. Problem is I am so passionate I didn't realize your face was looking tired, and you were too polite to comment to me...
Also I did send you two emails: One checking how you were, and providing a couple of advices on activities to be done during the city holidays.
The other email, was to warn you about most shops would be closed for the central festival day of «La Merce».
Again maybe you did find that too much, my apologies again if so.

Regarding «the only flaw being noise from other apartments early in the morning or late at night, and from the park outside when the kids got out of school at 5 pm « , I want to mention that the units next to the apartment, and above/under, are all occupied by owners or long term rentals (no holiday rentals), I have lived in the apartment for years and well, it is the less noisy apartment I have lived in in Barcelona.
The apartment is very well noise isolated, and regarding traffic/area it is not noisy at all, located in a very quiet street.
Indeed you did hear some noise but that might have been a coincidence during your stay for some reason I don't know, as other guests have never complained...
Regarding the shared garden of the condominio, that is open to all citizens during the day, and kids from the school which stands just crossing the street go to play there, Monday to Friday from maybe 5 to 7 pm, this might be annoying for you, although most guests might not be home by then, or even love it.

You finally comment «The apt itself is very nice and contains everything you could possibly need», for which I thank you.

Again many thanks for having chosen me, and for your kindness, please accept my excuses for any excess of care!.
Also thanks for your review, I will take it as a challenge to keep learning and improving even more my service!.
I expect you coming back to Barcelona in the future, and that you will choose again my area and property.
Also I hope your and my comments after your review might be helpful for future city visitors!.
With my best wishes, David
JenniferR...
Vienna, Virginia
“Fabulous! Wonderful Host and Wonderful Property”
Reviewed 29 August 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Our stay at David's "Home Away from Home" was fabulous. Although David was our landlord we thought of him as our host while in Barcelona. He made sure we were very comfortable, provided information about places to go, checked in to make sure we were okay and even took us to view some amazing aspects of the city. His apartment is ideally located closed to everything important...beach, metro, shopping, parks, etc. David has set-up his apartment such that it is truly a home away from home. All of what you need to enjoy your stay is provided (water, milk, juice, spices, kitchen supplies, toiletries, etc.) and the apartment is well furnished with high-end appliances and great furnishings. We moved to another apartment half-way through our stay because David's apartment was originally booked for the second half of our trip and it was nothing to compare to David's. We kept comparing so much that my daughter had to tell us (my husband and I) enough already. We loved David's warm personality and by the end of our stay, we felt like he was an old friend. We will be back!!

Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing