“Great Hostel”

Primavera Hostel
Leuven
“Great Hostel”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed at this hostel for four nights together with my two friends. We had a great stay!
The hostel is easy to find altough google maps gives you a wrong adress. It's in a quiet area but there is quite a lot of noice from the road/intersection at the front of the building during rush hour. But sleeping with earplugs solves this problem.

The people running the hostel are really nice. We had a warm welcome and they explained all the big touristic things to us and everything else we wanted to know or see. Everyday they are in for a chat and curious about what you did that day.

The rooms are really authentic, which is nice. The beds are quite comfy and there is a nice little balcony. The room is also really clean, as well as the bathrooms and kitchen. The general areas have everything you need, nice couches, laptops, a goog kitchen and a fridge for your food or drinks.

All together I think it is a wonderfull hostel with a lot of personal attention for every detail from the great staff!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Evelyne2404

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Geelong, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This is a very nice hostel in a good part of town. Just around the corner from the Sagrada Familia and Casa Batllo, it is in a relatively quiet part of Barcelona between the centre and the village-like Gracia.

The hostel itself has an amazing ambience, with wonderful domed brick ceilings, tiled floors and shuttered balcony doors.
The people working there are friendly and very helpful. There are lockers for your personal belongings in every room, and the place feels secure with 24/7 assistance around.
It is also generally clean, though I must say there was a small downside to all bathroom facilities being shared-sex and the lodging men at the time apparently being a little drippy around the toilets... Not a fault of the hostel, most facilities were clean and everything was cleaned daily.
One other thing to note is the music-school upstairs. Personally I really enjoyed it, but if you are a late sleeper and dislike waking to music, you have been warned.
Last thing is to keep an eye on your booking. The dorm I was put in was eight beds instead of the booked, and paid, six. And yes, there were also six to eight people in it for all nights. I felt bad to ask for a refund to make it the price of an eight bed dorm, and thus did not try very hard and got none. But besides this my experience there was lovely, and I would wholly recommend staying here!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelVeggie
Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Beautiful clean hostel. The girls there are lovely and take a lot of pride in keeping everything clean. Christina was an amazing host explaining exactly what we needed to see in Barcelona. I have stayed in many hostels and hotels on my 2 month trip of Europe and this stay was one of my best.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank StephHaigh
NJ
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I just returned from a week at Primavera Hostel with my two sons. I have to admit I was skeptical and reluctant to stay in a hostel since I'm clearly no longer a college student. However, I was pleasantly surprised. We had a "quad" room with a comfortable queen bed and bunk beds. It was immaculate and spacious with a charming balcony overlooking the city. The hostel is on the second floor of a beautiful old building, so it was quite noisy at night with the balcony doors open. I was glad I brought earplugs. The staff is friendly, helpful and welcoming. My biggest fear was the shared bathroom arrangement, but it was really not a problem. There was ample privacy, cleanliness and availability and it was just down the hall. Although the hostel was at full capacity, I was amazed at the level of mutual respect among the young people staying there. Everyone seemed to abide by a "hostel code of behavior" and were quiet, polite and friendly. Barcelona is amazing and we had a wonderful experience I will never forget.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kim1117
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Stayed in a 6-bed dorm room for two nights. I was assigned in a 6-bed dorm inside another dorm room. Not summer yet, so it was a bit cool. We opened the window for ventilation. It felt a bit odd to pass by another room to go to the bathroom, but it was alright. The bathrooms were spotless all the time. Check the other side of the floor if you need to use the bathroom/toilet - they have a lot actually.

Breakfast is not served, but that is fine, because you can use their kitchen and fridge (they have 2 kitchens) to store and cook your food. The dorm had lockers, numerous plug outlets and night lamps.

The staff was very helpful in giving us tips and advice how we can maximize our stay in Barcelona for two days.

The location is a super ideal base for exploring Barcelona. Located in a really charming picturesque neighborhood, just a couple of blocks from Sagrada Familia. Perfect!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank melodymedley
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 6 June 2013

We booked this hostel through hostel world but recommend you book through their own web site www.primavera.hostel.com as you could cost less. This hostel is in a great location, Christina and her staff are great and helpful. Kept very clean and has good facilities. We enjoyed our stay there and would stay there again when we are next in Barcelona. Could do with a better sign on the door but that is only a very minor problem.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joan T
United States
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Primavera Hostel has heart. I was very lucky to spend four nights in this wonderful hostel -- situated in a gorgeous historic building -- at the beginning of June and would recommend it without reservation to other guests. Rooms are absolutely spotless, very well decorated (the designer has done a phenomenal job!), and comfortable. This is a hostel that feels more like a cozy shared flat, and has a nice mix of common areas and two kitchens. It also has spotless bathrooms with strong, hot showers. I never needed to wait to use a shower or toilet.

Location is outstanding -- just a few seconds away from a metro station with two lines, five minutes to Sagrada Familia, and just 10-15 minutes walking to other major sites, including both Gaudi houses. There are also some great restaurants and bars near by (ask for directions to the Italian one, trust me!) that represent exceptional value -- these are places frequented by locals, and not the tourist traps present closer to the sea. At night, I would recommend you walk 10 minutes to the Vila de Gracia area for great pubs.

The best feature of this hostel, though, is the staff. They bend over backwards to make sure you have a great time in Barcelona and to promote a friendly atmosphere in the hostel.

Is there anything missing? Not really -- I just wish there was a cork board available to have left a note saying how very much I adored the hostel and staff! Thank you, Primavera!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo