“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Primavera Hostel
Barcelona, Spain
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I had never stayed in a hostel before so I really didn't know what to expect but, I was pleasantly surprised. I have stayed in 3 star hotels that weren't as good as this hostel!

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly, particularly Kristina, Mirka and Rui. Even after I had checked out they kindly allowed me to keep my luggage there until I was ready to collect it and the girls often made a big pot of delicious soup to share with whoever wanted some. In addition to that, tea (of many different varieties) and freshly brewed coffee was readily available at no extra cost.

Anyone who thinks this hostel is below par should go and stay in a 5 star hotel!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank misschevious1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bydgoszcz, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

We had really good time at Barcelona. Room was very clean! We were so excited when we saw the kitchen! We have found everything to make proper good quality food ! The best hostel ever! Kristina and Evie were really helpfull and kind! Thank You:)

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Werek
Reykjavik, Iceland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

The only reason this place gets two stars from me is because the staff really tries hard and are doing a good job. If you stay over a weekend the lady with the short platinum hair makes amazing spanish style potato pancakes!

This was my second time in Barcelona, and I stayed at Primavera on a trip with my grad school. The location can't be beat, it's steps away from a metro station (Verdaguer) and Sagrada Familia. I've stayed at hostels before and loved it - hostel meaning "hotel, but with bunkbeds and communal bathrooms". But this place kind of feels like you're staying at someone's house.

Everything is kept pretty clean, but the place needs a makeover. Bedsheets nice and fresh. However, I was completely unable to sleep, maybe due to the jetlag from flying in from Los Angeles, or maybe because a girl in my room snored really loudly, or maybe the fact that the room was super tiny and we were six people sleeping in there and someone kept turning the radiator on full blast and closing the window making the room very stuffy.

I only got a small locker, which was just enough for my most valuable possessions, but my suitcase with all my clothes was completely unguarded. I felt like I couldn't access my stuff either because the room was so tiny and the locker so loud that if someone was sleeping I didn't want to go get my stuff. Unfortunately, not everyone who stayed in my room was as considerate as me and I was awoken the night before my early flight out by a girl who checked in at 1 AM and decided to reorganize her suitcase!!!

Granted, I did get some of the "hostel feel" I love, meeting new people from all over the place and making new friends. Although, the rules here made it very hard. They close the common area at 1 AM. This was perhaps the most frustrating part of the hostel because at 1 AM you are either forced to go to bed (because you can't be awake in the rooms if someone is sleeping there, you would wake everyone) or go out. This to me felt very restricting and made me feel like I was at boarding school. I get "quiet time", but I feel it's kind of unreasonable to just force people to go to bed, especially when you're flying in from somewhere like LA and your clock is completely opposite to what time it really is.

Also, the free wifi? HORRIBLE. You had to keep checking in with your Facebook/email and I never had 5 minutes of uninterrupted activity. Plus, it didn't work anywhere but the common area, so even if I were to go to bed, I would have nothing to do but sleep because the internet would not work.

That said, for a grown up person who is used to having their own space, this is not the place to stay! If you're crashing here for one maybe two nights, it's fine. I was here for five nights and I was literally going crazy.

But again, the staff was really really nice and you can't blame them for the rules!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank tha50
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Primavera Hostel is a lovely place. I spent two nights there. Although it was a little bit hard to find (Barcelona streets are quite complicated), as soon as I got there the staff gave me all the directions to the best places in town.

It's very close to some of the biggest attractions of the city. You can walk to Sagrada Familia, La Pedrera and Casa Batlo. It's also close to the public transport if you want to go somewhere else.

The place is really well decorated. I stayed in a 6-bed room and it was comfortable. You get your own locker to keep your stuff. Everything is perfectly clean and you always feel welcome there. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

They have some computers with quite good WiFi connection. There is also a big kitchen where you can cook your own meal or have coffee.

i just wish they had AC because it was really hot and they only had some fans in each room but I would definetely stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Romixrod
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed there for 4 nights with my family (mum and brother) in a private room. We did enjoy our stay! Everything was clean..the toilets, the bedrooms, the kitchen.. yes, everything. The staffs were very friendly and helpful too; as they showed us the hot spots in the city of Barcelona on the map and how to get there. And the best part is that the hostel is within walking distance to Sagrada Familia, Passeig de Gracia and La Rambla! And there are a few convenient shops nearby (Dia) as well as a few restaurants if you want to try the infamous Paella! So, I can say that the hostel is cheap, clean and convenient! (3C's) Will definitely recommend this Hostel to the others! Thumbs up.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Myra S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

great place, great staff! very clean and modern! really enjoyed my stay! very close to Sagrada Familia, and from there you can visit on foot a huge part of Barcelona! you get a lot more for what you pay, beacuse it is very cheap! i will come back for sure

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stefan D
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

It was A GREAT place!

We came to Barcelona, only for one day between flights and we had no idea what we suppose to do. We called this place because it was close to the bus station, and had a great reviews and also was cheap.

The place located in a very beautiful billding... You feel the beauty of the city from the inside of the hotel and the bilding! We had a nice porch, and thanks to the double glass door it wasn't load at night. They have hit in side the rooms, the bes is good and they give towls. The comun shower is very wide and comfortable and with VERY hot water. The two kitchen are very comfortable and equiped. It looks very nice to cook there, and the commun area is very beautiful and you can meet there other travelers. The place is very clean and with friendly atmosphere.

Because we didn't know what to do in the few hours that we have there one of the staff (Michel) helped us and showed us on the map how we can go to a one day walking tour to the best places. It was such a good luck that we came there! It made our stay in Barcelona realy plasent.

Room Tip: It needs to be a little private and not in the main busy area of the hostal