“Hugely impressed”
Review of Primavera Hostel

Primavera Hostel
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was very impressed and pleasantly surprised with my stay at Primavera this week. I had a very late flight and an early meeting the next morning. I booked Primavera because of its excellent location. Very easy to arrive from airport and quick, professional check-in with friendly and knowledgeable receptionist. He gave me excellent information on where I could get a late-night snack just minutes away from hostel. The whole place was absolutely spotless and surprisingly quiet/calm as I had been told that it was 100% full. Excellent bathrooms and fast free internet. I slept like a log and woke rested for a busy day ahead.

I had to stay an extra day and that was dealt with professionally and speedily. I would be very happy to stay there again.

(Although I had no opportunity to take advantage of the excursions etc, it is clear that they have gone to a lot of effort to build relationships with bike and walking tour companies etc.)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank thisisspain

Reviewed 4 June 2014

As a mum with my two daughters we stayed at the Primavera Hostel for one night. It was a perfect hostel no breakfast it was more like an apartment with shared rooms. The rooms are basic but very clean as are the showers which are shared two computers for free internet access and very central to metro and train station to airport. My daughter enjoyed pancakes upon arrival with a choice of chocolate or honey very tasty. There is a cafe down stairs which is very expensive 3 rolls ham and chesse one orange juice and one not very nice tea was €20.

Room Tip: Get the T10 Ticket at the train station which is a 10 minute walk it will allow you to travel around...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kerryfan2014
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Simply the best hostel I've ever been to (no breakfast, but there's coffee all day long). The staff was absolutely amazing: friendly, helpful... I had a cold and they made me some tea with honey and lemon. They helped us buy the tickets to Sagrada Familia. And the location is PERFECT. The bathrooms and rooms are clean, the kitchen is good enough for cooking or having a snack, the internet is good... the decoration, the style and the feeling of the hostel make for an excellent stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank elisamattos
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed two nights at the Primavera, we were very happy with the people running the place as well as the bedrooms and facilities.

I couldn't rate the decore/cleanliness/facilities better - it was truly and amazing place. All the staff spoke great english and gave us some suggestions on what do and where to see - very very helpful.

Daniel the Korean guy was very new - however was pleasant to talk to.

Ample bathrooms and showers - all very clean and looked newly furbished. The chill out areas, reception and kitchen had a homely hip touch to it.

Our room which had a Balcony was great - large, spacious and set out really nice.

Its location isn't central, however is very close to the Verdaguer station, or is about a 10-15min walk to the central area of Barcelona - La Rambla St. etc etc.

Only suggestion for the hostel is to have an iron and ironing board if possible. They had everything else, and that would have been a nice touch (as a traveller, things get crinkled in bags).

Thanks to the Primavera staff for a great stay!

Room Tip: For couples - Balcony room, however you will have the usual traffic noise early morning or late till...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hybrid34
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed in the Primavera hostel after backpacking around europe, such a relaxed warm welcome and the perfect place to end our adventure.

staff couldn't have been any more helpful with great recommendations of places to eat drink and experience the real Barcelona!

our room was lovely, we had a private double that was light and airy, the shared bathroom and kitchen were spotlessly clean.

would recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to spend a few days in the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank RachelvEvans
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is surely the best hostel one can find in Barcelona. It is nothing like the hostels I've been to before. It is very clean, well-equipped (there is a kitchen and free tea all day long; the bathrooms are excellent, even for disabled visitors) and the staff is very friendly and helpful.

The location of the Primavera Hostel is awesome. A lot is in walking distance, for example La Sagrada Familia.

The cost for this hostel is more than reasonable. I think we paid about 45€ per night (double room/shared bathroom).

I would stay there again at any time!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MissCee13
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

This is a homefeeling hostal for me.
Everyday homemade vegan soup and it has a nice walk to the city center. Warmwelcoming staf, who provide you with a lot of information and it safe. Lockers and not everybody can run in. Check outside with intercom. Clean and 2 big kitchens!!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends