“Amazing hotel”

Mercer Hotel Barcelona
Ranked #4 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The Mercer is an excellent hotel!! We had a great 5 day stay in the hotel. We had plans to go stay at the beach the W for part of our stay but we disliked the vibe of the W so much and LOVED the Mercer so much that we went back to the Mercer.

Centrally located, this hotel is close to everything or a short cab ride away. The staff is lovely - as foodies, the staff made every effort to help us with reservations and guide us to excellent restaurants. The drinks at the hotel were expertly made and the food there was very good as well (when one of the waiters cut the serrano ham, he proceeded to explain where each slice was cut from and what was the best part - very impressive).

The roof deck was great. Just big enough for guests, with a nice refreshing pool, it was a great escape after touring all day.

One of my all time favorite places!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jessica G
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2013

Dear Mrs. Jessica G,

Thanks a lot for your kindly comments,

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona I feel really proud for your reviews about the hotel and the staff.

I say always that the architecture of the hotel help us a lot for ensuring that our guests have a happy stay but for us, the most important is the service of the staff. When I read comments like yours I feel that we have succeeded.

Thank you very much for yours reviews,

Francesc Holgado

Write a ReviewReviews (1,441)

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I want to write this for the staff of Mercer who were thoroughly exceptional, from front desk to concierge, to bar and breakfast staff. They were all so hospitable, warm, friendly and made the return each day welcoming. The hotel itself is faultless. It's excellent interior design was its first attraction to us but was topped off by the way they treated you. I urge whoever reads this to say here. You wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: The rooms do not supply water which I think would be a great addition. It's nice to have water b...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Craig H
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Mr. Craig,

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona I'm really proud about your comments about my staff. I think that is true that the architecture of the hotel is faultless, is like a jewel in the gothic quarter but we try to be different in services and the staff.

Is great for me read reviews like yours,

Reviewed 18 June 2013

My wife and I just returned from a trip to Barcelona. Found the Mercer on Tripadvisor. Great boutique hotel in the old city. Service at the hotel is awesome. They are willing to help you in anyway they can... Restaurants, museums, shopping etc. very friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are very nice and roomy.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Peter P
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear Mr. Peter P,

Is really great for us when one of our guests says that the "Service at the hotel is awesome. They are willing to help you in anyway they can... Restaurants, museums, shopping etc. very friendly and helpful staff".

This is our principal reason to be in the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

We spent two nights at this contemporary but quaint Barcelona hotel and loved every second of it. We had just two days to discover Barcelona and they ensured we got the right recommendations. The first afternoon, we took a walk through the Gothic quarter and Las Ramblas. The shopping and sightseeing was great. We also saw a Flamenco show as suggested by the hotel which was very nice. The rooms are large, spacious and contemporary in a heritage backdrop. Wonderful design in terms of all fixtures and fittings in the room. The breakfast in the inner courtyard is simply outstanding. The pool deck area is great to relax with the backdrop of roofs of Barcelona. The personnel are very friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for us. Loved every moment of our stay and will definitely recommend to all friends and family. The best location this hotel enjoys. A short stroll to the cathedral and other sights.

9  Thank Oberoi_SahlHasheesh

Dear Mr. Oberoi_SahlHasheesh,

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona I feel really flattered when I read comments like yours "Simply Outstanding" or "loved every second of it".

Thank you so much!

You talked about our services and I'll highlight "The breakfast in the inner courtyard is simply outstanding" I think that is one of the best points with the restaurant.

Thanks a lot

Best wishes

Reviewed 13 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went on a 12 day Mediterranean cruise that began and ended in Barcelona. We decided to stay an extra day there before flying home and stayed at the Mercer. The hotel was hard to find but once there we were very pleased. You can see the historic walls incorporated beautifully into the contemporary style if the hotel. The room we had was very large, bright and clean. The service was amazing. From the staff at the restaurant where we had breakfast to the front desk who went out of their way to help us find s good place to eat (it was Sunday and most of the really good restaurants in the area were closed). It was within walking distance to the beautiful Barcelona Cathedral and many other sites. I hope to stay again!

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank StephNDev711
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear Mrs. ms95,

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona is really marvelous for me when our guests tell us "The service was amazing" and "I hope to stay again!". This is the most important for us and our reason to be.

Best wishes!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

We had an unforgettable stay at the Mercer. I hesitate to describe the treatment we received there, in case everyone expects it as standard... My wife and I were staying in Barcelona with friends, but I took the opportunity to surprise her by booking us into the hotel for the night of our wedding anniversary. In the event, the surprise was on both of us, as we were upgraded to the finest suite in the hotel - a gesture of incredible thoughtfulness and generosity. From that point on, everything about our stay was perfect, from the relaxed but fine dining lunch we enjoyed on the inner courtyard, to the surprise gift of quality Cava and home-made chocolates that were left in our room after an afternoon by the pool on the rooftop terrace. The hotel itself is tastefully designed and furnished; the staff were all incredibly warm, helpful, and attentive without being overbearing. The reception manager who looked after us made us feel very special in a VIP kind of way without any stuffiness or faux-grandeur. This hotel represents consummate professionalism and discrete class, as experienced by us in their personalised attention. My wife felt like a queen without the pomp; she noticed every detail, from the herbs in the vertical garden to the china used to serve breakfast. The Mercer made our anniversary memorable in every possible way.

11  Thank Robert C
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear Mr. Robert C,

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona I'm really happy for you about the "Incredible Experience" that you and your wife lived at the hotel. Is really blissful for us get that our guests are completely satisfied.

Thank you so much for yours reviews and Congratulations for the Wedding Anniversary.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Delightful new hotel in the Gothic Quarter, stunningly built into the ancient Roman wall in the city. Very friendly staff, all with excellent English. Great terrace on roof with bar. Easy access to port and central city on foot. Very safe area at night, with plenty of restaurants and bars. Our bedroom was slightly quirky in design, in that it was open plan, apart from the loo. Would prefer something bit more traditional, with a shower and sink enclosed in a large bathroom. Worth noting that not all rooms have baths.

Room Tip: Views are not really an option because of where the hotel is in a narrow alleyway
7  Thank John C
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear Mr. John C,

Thank you very much for your comments,

I say always the same when our guests talk about the staff of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona but is true I feel really proud about them, they try to help always.

About the design of the room I take a note.

Thanks a lot for your reviews,

Best regards,