“Charming hotel and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercer Hotel Barcelona

Mercer Hotel Barcelona
Ranked #4 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
London, United Kingdom
“Charming hotel and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was such an amazing hotel - my only regret is that I didn't find it sooner. The hotel and room architecture are fascinating (ask the concierge for a quick tour), the staff are lovely and the decor beautiful. The free wifi throughout was such a nice touch relative to the price gouging other hotels engage in for this service.

This hotel reminded me why I stay away from the big, corporate, hotel-factories

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mlele
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thanks a lot for your excellent reviews!

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I feel really flattered when I read experiences like yours. You can rest assured that all the staff of the Mercer Barcelona works steadily to provide our guests with the best hospitality services possible. I am really satisfied that yours was a very good stay.

We look forward to welcoming back when you come to Barcelona.

Francesc Holgado

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Our stay at the Mercer Hotel was one of the most pleasant of anywhere in Europe. The staff were consistently friendly and helpful and genuinely interested in making our stay the best possible. The room and hotel common areas were very clean and sharp looking. The Internet worked great! The air condition/heating system was the quietest I've experienced anywhere in the world -- a really good system! Significant drawback: the bathroom didn't have a door. Our room overlooked a small courtyard, but was very quiet.

2 Thank plasalle
Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your excellent review about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager, I'm really satisfied when I receive comments like yours. Many thanks!

I look forward to welcoming back when you come to Barcelona.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Such an amazing hotel! Great decor, great history, AMAZING staff. I can't wait to go back! I was welcomed by a glass of cava whilst checking in and that was just the start of the amazing service, they just couldn't do enough to ensure your stay was amazing and amazing it was.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank BetsieBurns
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your excellent review about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager, I feel really proud when I read comments like yours. All the staff of the Mercer Barcelona works steadily to provide our guests with memorable stays. I am satisfied that yours was a very good experience.

I look forward to welcoming back soon.

Kindly regards,

Workington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights to celebrate Loraine's 65th birthday, and enjoyed a fabulous time. The hotel is a stylish blend of ancient and modern, set in and around the impressive Roman remains excavated in the Barri Gothic area. The location is ideal, with easy access to the central city area, and to Ribera and the port. The hotel boasts a lively Tapas Bar and a fine restaurant. There are many bars and restaurants nearby. The atmosphere around the hotel is delightful. It's also quiet at night!! We had a Grand Deluxe room with balcony, which was perfect. What made our stay so special was the way all the staff made it their business to ensure our needs were being met. Nothing was any trouble, it was smiles and greetings all the way. We appreciated the bottles of cava and the impromptu birthday cake and candle produced by Lisa!! Thank you Mercer for a memorable holiday.

3 Thank Michael S
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing with us your excellent comments about your stay in our hotel.

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona I feel really flattered when I read comments like yours. All the staff of the hotel works steadily to provide our guests with memorable stays, specialy for guests celebrations. I am pleased that yours was a very satisfying experience.

Thank you so much for choose our hotel and I look forward to welcoming back you soon.

Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

In a small street parallel to via Laeitana, in the middle of the old quarter. Perfect place to visit the center of Barcelona.
The rooms are very spacious, with high quality modern decoration with respect for the old elements in the magnificent palace.
Service was excellent and very friendly.
Cocktailbar was a perfect place to start your evening.
One point of criticism: breakfast was excellent but the formulas are a bit weird; and the buffet was not really a buffet: they did bring everything to the table, with some strange pauzes in between.
A full breakfast for everyone would be better.

Certainly a place i would come back on a next occasion.

1 Thank Frederic3006
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your excellent reviews.

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I take note about your comments about the breakfast. We are looking a excelent guest experience and all the comments help us to improve.

We look forward to welcoming back soon.

Jurmala, Latvia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

A wonderful hotel! Really fantastic location in heart of Gothic quarter, but very quite, very modern, luxury feeling, nice decor, delicious food, good wine list, kind knowledgable staff is happy to help with everything. Really good value for money. Definitely will come back!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Roland_Jurmala
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your excellent review about our hotel.

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I feel really proud when I read comments like yours. All the staff of the Mercer Barcelona work steadily to provide our guests with memorable stays. I am satisfied that yours was a very good experience.

I look forward to welcoming back soon.

Best regards,

Sion, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Despite an incident we "experienced" the day of arrival at the tapas restaurant “the bouchon” we enjoyed a very pleasant stay. We have to say that the full young team around the Sales Manager Jordi Garcia did an excellent job: always helpful, providing good pieces of advice for excursions or restaurants, keeping smiling all the time. All the staff members we met tried their best to fulfil our wishes: thank you so much for that! The hotel location is very adapted to discover Barcelona, it’s perfectly situated between the port and the old city. The hotel offers a flawless mixture between an ancient and also historical construction and modern decoration, what we truly appreciated. We slept very well with the windows fully closed (the first evening we tried with open windows but it was impossible because of the pedestrians shouting on the street at night). The hotel generously gave us a late check-out till 6 pm for free, what was a benediction with our flight taking off at 8.30pm!
Queerly we didn’t see the manager during our 4 days’ stay.
To be honest the main frustration apart from “the bouchon” came from the room: it was beautiful but dark and lacking of equipment. We missed especially the minibar in the room and storing place for our clothes!
On the whole the stay was good but the hotel should concentrate on adding some equipment and services (for example a gym!) to compete with the conventional 5 stars houses.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing with us your comments about your stay in our hotel.

As General Manager, I will tell you that Jordi García informed to me on saturday morning about your incident happened in Le Bouchon on friday night and I told him that on Monday morning I would be at the hotel to listen your comments personally. When I arrived on monday morning I ask him about you and he explained to me that all was solved and that you don't wanted talk more about it. Is for that I don't tell you anything.

For all of us and especially for me, the most important of our hotel is the guests satisfaction. I want to ask you thousand apologies for the misunderstanding!

I look forward to welcoming back you soon.