“Wonderful!”

Mercer Hotel Barcelona
Ranked #2 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 11 December 2013

This beautifully designed modern hotel is set within the pale stone of the Roman & medieval walls & is perfectly located to explore the city, whilst away from the crowds. Everywhere is furnished & equipped to the highest standards & it makes for an extremely comfortable stay.
We cannot praise the staff highly enough. Before our stay, they provided a list of restaurants & booked one for us. They recognised that it was a milestone birthday & upgraded us to a fabulous, spacious room. They provided a bottle of cava & a tray of savouries on the day. & at breakfast even surprised me with a tiny cake with a candle.
Staff were most helpful in suggesting places to visit. They booked the Sagreda Familia on line for us to avoid the need for us to queue & they assisted with local transport. Their efficiency & welcoming manner made us feel really special & cared for.
We thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 106, which was huge, with a lovely bathroom & a balcony overlooking the inner...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DavZ760
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

I would like to thank you for sharing with us your excellent experience in our hotel and your recommendation.

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I am pleased to read comments like yours. We work to provide our guests with memorables stays. I am glad that it was succeeded in your case.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

This hotel was such a nice surprise. The decor is beautiful and so cozy. We will definitely choose this hotel again if we return to Barcelona. The staff is amazing and so helpful. You can't beat the location and Barcelona is such a beautiful city. I highly recommend this Mercer Hotel.

2  Thank choochoo123
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for sharing with us your excellent comments about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona and your highly recommendation.

We work steadily to provide our guests with the best stays possible. I am glad that it was so in your case. As General Manager of the hotel, I am pleased to read comments like yours.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you come to Barcelona.

Kindly regards,

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in some great hotels but the Mercer tops them all. Hidden away on the back streets of the gothic quarter you enter via huge woodern doors into a modern reception and bar area mixed with historical foundations.

The team couldn't be more attentive, offering a glass of cava on arrival to me and also a friend who wasn't even staying there!

Check in was simple. The rooms are large, designer and very quiet. Huge walk in shower, Lowe tvs, soft white towels and a huge and very comfortable king size bed.

Cosmetics are all Molton Brown, that says it all, class.

Will definitely only stay here from now on.

Incredible.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank kingkelly77
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing with us your excellent comments about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager, I am glad when I read comments like yours. All the staff of the hotel works steadily to provide our guests with memorable stays. I am pleased that yours was a very satisfying experience.

Many thanks!

We look forward to welcoming back when you come to Barcelona.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We went to Barcelona over the weekend, and made the reservations just two weeks in advance, but luckily manage to get the last available room at Mercer.

The Hotell is really nice, and the service was excellent!

I want to send an extra thanks to the guest relations-team who helped us arrange table reservations at the best restaurants in Barcelona (according to me); Pakta and tickets, even thought you normally need to book it 3 months in advance.

If you are looking for a first class hotell, I can warmly recommend Mercer!

1  Thank Hans L L
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for sharing your excellent experience in the Mercer Hotel Barcelona with us and with all our future guests.

As General Manager, I'm really satisfied when I receive comments like yours talking about my team. Many thanks!

I look forward to welcoming back when you come to Barcelona.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We recently returned from what was a truly lovely stay at the Mercer Hotel in Barcelona, which we will never forget. The building is absolutely gorgeous, beautiful and modern, while taking full advantage of the Roman structures within and around it, and our room also was fabulous and luxurious. The location cannot be beat, as we were right in the middle of all of the sights and restaurants. The thing that makes the hotel stand out however is the phenomenal level of service, as the hotel staff really went above and beyond with their responsiveness and kindness--everyone was amazing, from the staff of the restaurant at breakfast (and kudos to the folks who made the cafe lattes and baked the pastries!), to the guest relations staff who arranged for us to get tickets to an FC Barcelona soccer match, as well as tickets to the Picasso Museum and a Gaudi tour, and reservations at restaurants that were precisely what we said we were looking for. We were in Barcelona with our 7 year old son and they truly achieved what may have seemed impossible--providing sophisticated and responsive service, but also making sure that we had everything we needed to make the experience "kid friendly" for him (he wanted me to mention the breakfast pastries again!). Definitely obtain the map the hotel can provide via email in advance to give to your taxi driver at the airport, that allowed us to come right up to the front of the hotel at check-in. Overall, truly marvelous, it was such a great visit, at a really spectacular hotel.

Room Tip: Be advised that, at least in our room (208), the sink/shower area are not closed off from the main p...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Susan C

Dear Madam,

Many thanks for sharing your truly lovely stay in the Mercer Hotel Barcelona with us and with all our future guests.

As General Manager, I feel really flattered when I read comments like yours. All the staff of the Mercer Barcelona work steadily to provide our guests with the best hospitality services possible. I am satisfied that yours was a excellent stay.

We look forward to welcoming back soon.

Kindly regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was such an amazing hotel - my only regret is that I didn't find it sooner. The hotel and room architecture are fascinating (ask the concierge for a quick tour), the staff are lovely and the decor beautiful. The free wifi throughout was such a nice touch relative to the price gouging other hotels engage in for this service.

This hotel reminded me why I stay away from the big, corporate, hotel-factories

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mlele

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thanks a lot for your excellent reviews!

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I feel really flattered when I read experiences like yours. You can rest assured that all the staff of the Mercer Barcelona works steadily to provide our guests with the best hospitality services possible. I am really satisfied that yours was a very good stay.

We look forward to welcoming back when you come to Barcelona.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Our stay at the Mercer Hotel was one of the most pleasant of anywhere in Europe. The staff were consistently friendly and helpful and genuinely interested in making our stay the best possible. The room and hotel common areas were very clean and sharp looking. The Internet worked great! The air condition/heating system was the quietest I've experienced anywhere in the world -- a really good system! Significant drawback: the bathroom didn't have a door. Our room overlooked a small courtyard, but was very quiet.

2  Thank plasalle

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your excellent review about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager, I'm really satisfied when I receive comments like yours. Many thanks!

I look forward to welcoming back when you come to Barcelona.

Warm regards,