“Barcelonas Best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
Rickmansworth
“Barcelonas Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

I had organized a 4 night stay to celebrate my partners 50th birthday,all the reviews I had read were excellent and may I say how true this is.
From our arrival to our departure the staff made our holiday one to remember,so very helpful and friendly,so much so we didn't want to leave.
The Deluxe room was spacious,with a huge bed,complimentary soft drinks replemished daily,shower etc is to a very high standard.
Breakfast set you up for the day ahead,a superb breakfast menu for you to indulge.
A truly remarkable hotel in a ideal location in the middle of the Gothic City of Barcelona sets the standards of other hotels to follow.
Thank you to all and hope to visit again in the very near future.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GPeterRickmansworth
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you so much for your excellent review about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the hotel, I am really glad to know that your stay with us was fantastic. I apreciate all the comments about our services, our rooms, our staff... It is really important for us to improve every day.

Many thanks!

I look forward to welcoming back soon.

Warm regards,

Francesc Holgado

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Virginia Water, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Based on the reviews that I had seen on this hotel, I was expecting a great experience and this hotel really delivered. From the minute we arrived, we were offered drinks and any help that we needed. The staff were especially helpful with our daughter who is 7 and the concierge made sure she always had a business card of the hotel in her pocket. Great recommendations were made for meals and for site seeing; everyone was extremely friendly.

The Gothic quarter location was perfect for many of the attractions and museums. This hotel is on a narrow street which made for a lovely, quiet location albeit some taxis were hesitant to drive down the street. Breakfast in the hotel was lovely and the service fantastic. We also ate in the Tapas bar and found the food good and wine recommendations tasty. There are also a couple of good cafes nearby, close to the subway entrance (which is also very close) if you just want a quick coffee or sandwich.

We stayed in Room 206 (it looks like after reviewer Tim C -ha) and found the room finished in a very high standard. I stay at a lot of hotels in Europe and the US and I found this bed one of the most comfortable hotels beds I have slept. The linens were very high quality too which was very different than the last hotel I stayed in the previous week. The room was spacious too as we had a rollaway bed in for our daughter. The design of storage and desk space was clever and modern...just be careful of opening the door to the room if someone is in the shower as it is a open plan design.

The hotel made our holiday a lovely experience and I will stay at the Mercer again (and possibly sister hotels too)!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Leigh L
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your excellent review and your enthusiatic explication about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the hotel, I am really glad to know that your stay with us was great. For me is really important receive the feedback of our guests because is the only thing that I have to know if all works.

Many thanks!

We look forward to welcoming back soon.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

The hotel was hard to find in the beginning as it is hidden within the old walls in one of the small little streets. Despite that, the very welcoming service you get the moment you reached the hotel doors make us feel we made the right choice. A cosy hotel where everyone recognizes us and always on hand when we need help.

The hotel staff from guest relations, Juan Manel & Florencia to porter Juan is always there to help with recommendations, reservations, online booking and anything we may need help on. This is by far our most comfortable stay, exceeding the services usually expected at a regular corporate hotel. Perhaps this is why they are so well rated.

Overall, we loved our stay here and would not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Cookieta
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

I am really pleased to personally thank you for sharing with us and with our future guests your excellent experience at the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager, I am glad to know that you had a lovely stay with us. I feel really flattered when I receive a feedback like yours talking about our personalized services. For me and for all my staff, our guests are the most important, this is the reason why we try to recognize all our guests and we try to know their tastes and preferences.

Many thanks for your review and I hope to welcome you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed 4 nights on our first trip to Barcelona. Hotel is hidden away on narrow streets of gotic area. Quiet, interesting hotel ( modern interior design in historic space-part of which includes Roman walls and watchtower) with exceptional service. There are several excellent restaurants within a 5 min radius and the hotel restaurant is among the best.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank GregandKerry
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you so much for your excellent review.

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I am pleasant to know that your stay with us was great. I like to tell you that all the staff try to provide our guests with the best hospitallity services possible and I am glad to know that succeded with you.

We look forward to welcoming back soon.

Warm regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is a really fantastic hotel.

Location: A+ Perfect.

Style: The communal areas are very smart and stylish. The Room (206) was excellent with lovely furniture and very well equipped bathroom with lovely Molton Brown. We enjoyed the space a lot as it was not rammed full of superfluous furniture and the bed was huge and very comfortable.

Food: Breakfast was very good and we also had the Menu Degustation for dinner on Valentines evening and whilst some of the food was a little hit and miss you accept that on a tasting menu and overall we really enjoyed it. On our last day we also had some Tapas whilst waiting for a taxi which again were very good.

So all in all what you would expect from a Hotel like this however what sets the Mercer apart are the staff. Everyone we had contact with from concierge, check in staff, waiters, cleaners everybody was just that little better than you expect. I honestly can't speak highly enough of them, so helpful and so friendly. Outstanding.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir / Madam,

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I am pleased to personally thank you for sharing with us your excellent experience at the hotel.

I feel really flattered when I read comments like yours. Thank you so much for your enthusiastic explication about our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming back soon.

Best wishes,

Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stylish Hotel right in the heart of the Gothic Quarter, staff were so helpful and accommodating. We were upgraded to a suite as it was a special birthday and we were given Champagne and chocolates as a lovely surprise! Highly recommend for a romantic getaway!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DustyP524
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your comments.

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I am glad to know that your stay with us was pleasant.

We look forward to welcoming back.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Beautiful, clean, great location and the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at. The staff are friendly, helpful and genuinely interested in making your time in Barcelona the best trip you have ever had. We fell in love with Barcelona and can't wait to go back and stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: I think any room would be great.