“Romantic 5 star hotel”

Mercer Hotel Barcelona
Ranked #4 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
“Romantic 5 star hotel”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Right from the moment you step in you know you are in a "boutique" environemwnt, the beds, pillows, shower, bath tub, toiletries and little treats they drop off in your room are all amazing Highly reccommended.

Room Tip: only 25 rooms all are amazing
2 Thank chigesh79
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you so much for your "higly recommendation" about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager, I want to tell you that is very important for us read comments like yours. We work to provide our guests with the best services possible and I am proud to know that succeeded with you.

Thank you! and I hope to welcoming you back soon.

Francesc Holgado

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 March 2014

One of the best hotels that I have stayed in! Great staff, all incredibly helpful. Spacious and quiet rooms and delicious food. In a great location in Barca built into the walls of the Old City.
A special hotel.

Room Tip: Room 205 was quiet a very comfortable
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for sharing with us and with our future guests your excellent experience in the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager, I want to tell you that for all the staff of the hotel is a pleasure receive comments like yours. When one of our guests say to us that the Mercer Hotel Barcelona is "One of the best hotels that I have stayed in!" we feel really flattered.

Thank you again! and I hope to welcoming you back soon.

Petersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

We went to the hotel for a long weekend, the one thing that makes the hotel so special are the staff, they look after you so well and are very proud of the history. Rooms were nice and food good. Will go again

1 Thank Mark G
Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing with us your excellent experience in the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the hotel, I want to tell you that all the staff of the hotel works daily to provide our guests with the best memorable stays possible. I am proud to know that succeeded with you.

Michigan
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 nights there after reviewing TripAdvisor feedback. It was as good as the accolades. Location is excellent. Easy walking to great areas, and access to Metro nearby. Service is also excellent. Everyone was friendly and helpful. We had room 108, which was great. Had requested an interior room for quiet. This room is nice, but the private terrace makes it wonderful. Room enough for an outdoor living set, table and lounges. Very nice! We got the breakfast plan included, and it was good (but expensive). Could get continental or egg dishes. I could go either way on the breakfast as there are many places nearby. We also had tapas in the bar, and they were very good. No gym available, but there's enough exercise available walking around Barcelona. A tip if you decide to stay there...you will get a note from the hotel a day or two before the trip, with a map attached. Print out the map and give it to your taxi driver...it is very hard to find...especially driving. I would recommend, and would stay there again.

2 Thank GraceM100
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

I want to thank you personaly for sharing with us your excellent experience in the Mercer Hotel Barcelona. It help us to improve!

As General Manager of the hotel, I want to tell you that I take note of all your comments to try to be better.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Booked at the mercer following the high reviews. We were upgraded to suite from deluxe room. In one word, the room is excellent. The welcoming of the staff is unmatched, the help of the concierge, the immediate response of house keeping for any request, even the doorman wait for me with water and towel when I returned from a morning jog!!!
With such a great location this is a must

1 Thank Ran O
Dear Sir / Madam,

As General Manager, I want to tell you that comments like yours encourage all the staff to continue working hard every day to achieve maximum satisfaction of our guests.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I got to Barcelona in three days visit at 7:30 pm after a long over night flight. The hotel location and service is excellent. It is also very clean and staff are friendly and helpful. The only problem is that hotel only has 20 rooms and we had to wait from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm so that our room get ready. I felt that we lost one of our three days of stay in Barcelona waiting for our room to be ready.

2 Thank Lila R
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Madam,

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I want to tell you that I can not to be agree with your review. I am really sorry!

I can understand that you arrive early to the hotel after a long over night flight but the Check In time is at 3,00 pm, as you had in your booking confirmation, and your room was ready one our before. I want to tell you too that the Check Out time is at 12,00 pm, your room was ocuppied for another guests because our occupancy is high and that was the reason why your room was not ready at 7,30 pm.

I think that if the only problem that you found in our hotel was this, I invite you to reconsiderer your valoration about our hotel because like you say and the vast majority of our guests, the hotel location and service is excellent also the staff are friendly and helpful.

I believe that your review is not fair if the only problem that you found was that you want to do the Check In six hours before because all the Staff of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona works steadily to provide our guests with the best memorable stays possible.

Yours faithfully,

berkshire
Reviewed 17 March 2014

this place is really too good to be true, from the doorman who came out to find us and take cases as we walked along to the welcome from the staff. The rooms are design perfect, huge beds, masses of storage , excellent bathing facilities. we asked for quiet and had a room of the second courtyard which was silence in the city.The staff really did seem pleased that you were guests.on the roof, there are blankets spread and a garden of aromatic herbs.

1 Thank cal021
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

I want to thank you for sharing with us your excellent experience in our hotel.

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I want to tell you that comments like yours encourage all the staff to continue working hard every day to achieve maximum satisfaction of our guests.

Thank you!