Mercer Hotel Barcelona
EuroPark Hotel(Barcelona)
US$238
US$217
1,485 results
All reviewsgothic quarterroman wallle bouchonjuan manueltapas barnarrow streetsbeautiful hotelspecial hotelguest relationsrooftop deckconcierge staffjunior suitethe entire staffinner courtyardbreakfast was deliciousrestaurant recommendationsbarri gotic
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Mercer was a definite choice when we decided to re- visit Barcelona this May with friends. We stayed at The Mercer last September (2013) & loved it for the superb location, great architecture & decor, but most of all for the wonderfully welcoming service provided by all staff. We immediately let them know we were coming again with friends this time. Because the location in the exciting Barri Gothic can be a bit 'tricky' to find, we emailed the hotel management to organise airport transfers. This made for a totally seamless & stress free arrival where we were warmly welcomed. We have loved our second stay here - and loved our beautiful room with a great deck which we used for a delicious afternoon wine & tapas with our friends! Thank you!

We sadly depart in the morning, but will be back the next time we re visit this vibrant city. This is a small, intimate hotel that provides a wonderful 'oasis' of calm after a day in the clamour & vibrancy of Barcelona. It is a hotel where the staff are friendly & welcoming, the beds sublimely comfortable, the food delicious. Thanks to the lovely staff who have once again given us such a welcoming stay at The Mercer Barcelona.

Room Tip: Some rooms only have a shower. The baths are beautiful & if you like the option of a bath request this.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank robykmc
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Madam,

As the General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I want to personally thank you for choice our hotel when you decided to re- visit Barcelona with your friends. For us is very important that our guests receives a excellent hospitality services because this could be the reason why they comeback like in your case.

Thank you so much for share with us your excellent comments.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We chose to stay at the Mercer Hotel because it was the top rated hotel in Barcelona on Trip Advisor. It lives up to the ratings and then some. We arrived early to check after our flight from the states and they were happy to accommodate us. We needed a nap before we began exploring the city. The bed was great and room quiet even though we were on the street side of the building above the hotel entrance. The location is amazing. Walking distance to most of the great sites. The maze-like alleys in the Gothic quarter were fun to explore with interesting shops and restaurants around every corner. We were lucky to be in the city for St. Jordi's Day, which is a local celebration of the patron Saint of Barcelona. Not really a holiday, but it felt like one, with traditional music and dancing in the plazas, book sellers and other vendors lining the alley-ways. The hotel has an exceptional Tapas bar attached to it where we eat a couple times during our short stay. Lovely rooftop pool deck, although too cold to get in the water, it was serene oasis for a sunset cocktail. Don't hesitate to stay here if they have rooms available.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Steve O

Dear Sir,

As the General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I want to personally thank you for your excellent comments about the hotel. I apreciate a lot the feedback of our guests and I am glad to know that your stay with us was great.

Thank you so much!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I just got back from 3 days at the Mercer and I can't say enough good things. We loved the location (in the Barri Gothic), the service, the style. The concierges (especially Joan) were incredibly helpful and kind. It was my husband's 50th birthday and they arranged to have cava and sweets in the room without my asking. We stayed in a suite that looked into the courtyard, which was great for quiet nights. The breakfast was delicious and high-end. Go!

Room Tip: I would go for the courtyard view to guarantee a good night's sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nylagal

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your excellent comments about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As the General Manager of the hotel, I am glad to know that you choice our hotel for a very special celebration and all was lovely. Many thanks!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

LOVED my stay at this hotel and would recommend it for everyone. The staff goes the extra mile to make sure everything is perfect. We loved the breakfast at the hotel, Jokastha was a very attentive waitress that remembered our likes/dislikes after only one morning. Loved the Molten Brown products in the rooms, everything smelled amazing. The location was perfect. We were able to walk to beach, Las Ramblas, Boqueria, Barcelona Cathedral, shopping, bus tours etc
A definite MUST in Barcelona. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lynnemichelle33

Dear Sir / Madam,

I want to personally thank you for sharing with us your enthusiastic review about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As the General Manager of the hotel, I am proud know that your stay with us was brilliant. I want to tell you that I feel flattered when I read comments like yours who talk about the staff of the hotel, they try to provide our guests with the best hospitallity services possible. Many thanks!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

An absolutely wonderful boutique hotel nestled in the Roman walls of the old city's Born district. It is conveniently centrally located in a lovely narrow winding street, close to good restaurants, little bars, the beach, and tourist attractions. We walked everywhere, grateful for recommendations and directions offered by the most helpful Concierge. Our room was extremely comfortable and quiet, with a lovely view of the old city. The hotel has two very good restaurants, the casual Le Bouchon, a tapas bar, and the one star Michelin, a must experience (see my separate reviews), we enjoyed both. Service exceeds all expectations, it is simply outstanding and exceptional from every member of the wonderful staff. I would specifically like to commend Gloria Anglora (Director of Reception) and Francesc Holgado (Director General) for their very kind and personal attention to their guests. One of the very best hotels in every respect... 6 stars out of 5! We will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Colin S
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Sir,

As the General Manager of the hotel, I feel really flattered when I read comments like yours. Like I explained you, we try to provide our guests with the best hospitallity services possible. I am proud know that your stay with us was brilliant.

Many thanks! and I hope to welcoming you back soon.