“Wonderful Boutique Hotel!”

Mercer Hotel Barcelona
Ranked #4 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
“Wonderful Boutique Hotel!”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel was hard to find in the beginning as it is hidden within the old walls in one of the small little streets. Despite that, the very welcoming service you get the moment you reached the hotel doors make us feel we made the right choice. A cosy hotel where everyone recognizes us and always on hand when we need help.

The hotel staff from guest relations to the porter is always there to help with recommendations, reservations, and anything we may need help on. This is by far a most comfortable stay, exceeding the services usually expected at a regular corporate hotel. Perhaps this is why they are so well rated.

Overall, we loved our stay here and would not hesitate to book again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank EdHeinlein
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Sir,

I want to personally thank you for sharing with us your stay on the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the hotel, I want tell you that all the staff works to provide the best hospitality services possible. I am glad to know that your stay with us was very good.

I hope to welcoming you back soon.

Francesc Holgado

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Extremely beautiful and modern . We were greeted by an excellent Concierge , who explained all we needed to know as we have been to Barcelona before . Breakfast in the courtyard was superb ( yogurt parfait , delicious ) . Staff friendly , bed fabulous .. mostly the feeling you have staying in a restored .. historical period building ! My husband loved his beer , sunning himself next to the rooftop pool .. as I shopped ! Lydia Shire PS: I wish the cab drivers were a little more helpful in dropping us off , they were not too keen driving into Barri Gotic w/ it's tiny streets .

Room Tip: All seemed perfect !
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lydia S
Dear Madam,

I want to personally thank you for sharing with us your comments about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the hotel, I am very proud to know that your stay with us was brilliant. Thank you for your support!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London
Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I booked a Junior Suite for 6 nights for our honeymoon and we loved it - it's a special hotel. The staff were first class - perfectly attentive, always helpful and never intrusive. We booked a Junior Suite and the room was great - more than enough space and hands-down the biggest and most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The hotel is small which gives it a friendly, intimate and relaxed feel - and it smells fantastic... every time you walk in off the street the unique fragrance they use to scent the lobby is the first thing that hits you, along with a welcomed sense of calm. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant one night and it was tremendous, really first class. We also opted to include breakfast in our deal which was a great move - definitely worth the extra! I would not hesitate to recommend the Mercer.

Room Tip: If your budget allows, go for a Junior Suite and enjoy the extra space!
4 Thank richardvstewart
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Sir,

As General Manager of the hotel, I want to personally thank you for your enthusiastic review about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

I am very proud to hear that your stay with us was great and you enjoyed all of our services. For all the staff of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona our guests are the most important and we try to provide him with the best hospitallity services possibles.

Many thanks for your comments!

Cramlington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We spent 5 nights here for our first visit to this lovely city. It's in the heart of the old city, and only opened about 6 months ago. It's built into the old city walls, with features of the walls left prominent in different parts of the hotel.
All the staff are very friendly, from the door porter to the manager, who was often seen around, eg helping with waiting at breakfast. On arrival we were given a glass of cava, and while drinking this we were shown around the hotel, and then taken to our room. One of the most welcoming hotel arrivals we have experienced.
We ate breakfast in the hotel on our first morning, but at €25 each for continental (€30 for cooked) it's pretty expensive. We looked at the evening meal menu but it was too way out for our tastes, and too expensive.
However there are plenty of small cafes in the nearby streets, where a coffee and a croissant could be bought for under €2.50.
The room (called Superior, but really the basic one) was still very nice. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very nice, with a walk-in shower. The only complaint here was the toilet seat - the most uncomfortable I have ever sat on!!
The rooftop bar was very relaxed, with a live guitarist one evening. Didn't get chance to sample the small rooftop pool though.
Would have had 5 stars but dropped one because of the food prices and the toilet seat.

1 Thank Chris W
Dear Sir,

As General Manager of the hotel, I want tell you that I appreciate a lot the feedback of my guests. I will tell you that after your comments, and the comments of another guests, we are talking with the maker of the toilet to change it. Thank you for your help!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This hotel absolutely lived up to the many wonderful reviews we read here before booking. The hotel was incredibly clean and modern, with many small touches that went above and beyond -- free bottled water, even when we were just passing through the lobby; Moulton Brown bath products; gourmet desserts with turndown service, etc. The staff was phenomonal - so attentive and friendly. Bed was extremely comfortable. And the location was perfect! We loved wandering through the narrow streets of the gothic quarter, finding a new bar, restaurant, or cathedral at every turn. Check out the Bootlegger bar just down the cobblestone street. We enjoyed a nightcap there a couple of nights in a row. We did not do the hotel breakfast as I heard it was very expensive and there were plenty of options for breakfast very nearby. Not a cheap place to stay, but I definitely thought this was worth the money! Hope we can get back sometime.

3 Thank knmurphy
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

I am very glad to know that your stay with us was great: the staff was phenomenal, attentive and friendly, the bed was extremely comfortable and the location was perfect, through the narrow streets of the Gothic Quarter.

Thank you again for your comments!

San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Having read glowing reports by Harper and Platinum Anerican Express, we were terribly disappointed when shown to our tiny room. Upon requesting to pay for an upgrade we were informed that we had already been upgraded and nothing else was available. When I asked if they really had smaller rooms, I was not answered. Actually, I don't blame the hotel,
it is well appointed , etc.. And the staff was lovely, except for a reception clerk devoid of personality.
I have read reccomedations by the above named sources in the past describing room size so was not prepared for this. 2 tallish people had a bit of a comfort problem.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Walkersdining
Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing with us your comments about our hotel.

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I take note of your comment about the size of your room and I apologize for the inconvenience that has been able to cause but I want to tell you that the room is not small, the smallest superior room have 28m²/301.39ft² and we have only one, the others superior rooms continues with 32m²/344.45ft² and 35m²/376.74ft², sizes that in others hotels in Europe like London or Paris, could be a Junior Suite Room.

After that, I take note about the lovely comments from our staff members and I assure you that they will be comunicated to all the staff.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

For my grandmother 90th birthday present I took her to Barcelona and we stayed at the Mercer Hotel. The rooms are lovely and the place is simply breathtaking! I highly recommend it. Oh and the bed was the most comfortable one I have ever slept on.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank margherita_dE
Dear Madam,

As General Manager of the hotel, I want to personally thank you for your excellent review about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona. I am very glad to hear that the place for you was simply breathtaking!

Thank you for your highly recommendation!