“Mercer in the Gothic- Very Nice”

Mercer Hotel Barcelona
Ranked #4 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
“Mercer in the Gothic- Very Nice”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Mercer hotel is nicely situated in the Gothic area within walking distance to many sites and eats. The service was very warm and friendly and the rooms are nicely decorated and clean. The outdoor pool and patio are very nice and relaxing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Sir / Madam,

As General Manager of the hotel, I am glad to know that your stay with us was great. All the staff of the hotel works daily to provide our guests with the best hospitallity services possibles.

Yours sincerely,

Francesc Holgado

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I should have written this review immediately after my stay in Sept 2013. The positives started from the moment we arrived. The staff was fantastic, very accommodating, and friendly. I loved the decor and mix of old and new. The room was luxurious & quiet and the bed & pillows were the best I've ever experienced in a hotel. The only small complaint would was the toilet which was possibly too modern.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank AngelaFLL
Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your excellent comments about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona. It does not matter if your stay was in September of 2013, for me is very important receive the feedback of my guests.

As General Manager of the hotel, I am glad to know that your stay with us was great. I take note about your comment about the toilet and I want to tell you that we send to the maker all the comments that we received about it and we are waiting for a solution.

Yours sincerely,

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We just got back from Barcelona where we stayed for six days, all at the Hotel Mercer. We loved everything about it. First and most important, the location is fantastic. The Gothic quarter is by far my favorite part of the city. The hotel atmosphere is very calm. The rooms are sparkling clean, the beds and pillows VERY comfortable, breakfast wonderful and the rooftop terrace is charming. The staff was always helpful. We would absolutely recommend this hotel. The only thing that wasn't great.....the toilets! Unusual seat design, but we got used to it. Everything else.....excellente!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeeBeePix

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We just returned from several days of pure luxury. Everything and everyone exude quality. Many places try to handle all the little things but here's a hotel that excels in those finer points. Even the interior and architectural design are outstanding. - an amazing blending of Roman, Medieval and modern

From our initial reception, to service in the restaurant and pool and throughout our stay, we always felt like VIPs.

We were even able to have a masseuse come to our room for afternoon treatments with little to no warning.

The pool deck is small but totally appropriate for the size of the hotel. It felt like something that you could have on a roof top if you had a penthouse condominium. The bartenders were all terrific offering custom drinks to ensure you received what you wanted. There was a vodka on the shelf I never saw and was interested so I asked if I could taste a bit. Well it was a generous pour so much that I shared some with my wife. And here' what is surprising, there was no charge. What other place would do this? Really, the entire time we all felt as though everyone was there to take care of us, despite being there with a full hotel.

There are many places to eat in the City but do make sure you find time to eat here.

We can't wait to return and when we do, it will absolutely be at the Hotel Mercer!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Jim B
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your enthusiastic comments about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the hotel, I am very glad to hear that your stay with us was great. Thank you for your comments and for your support!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at the Mercer Barcelona based on the rave reviews and Traveler "Hot List".
The hotel is in a great location in the Barri Gothic section and next to the Born, two of the best areas to be in for the restaurants, cafes, sightseeing etc.The hotel design is contemporary and appealing in contrast to the old architecture in the Barri Gothic. The staff was excellent, especially the concierge staff who were very helpful with directions, reservations etc.The downside to staying at this hotel and why we wouldn't return are the room amenitites :the lighting in the room was terrible, the bedside lights are not practical if you want to read, the light at the small desk was dim, and the lighting in the bathroom was insufficient, down bed pillows were worn out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jacky L
Dear Madam,

I want to personally thank you for sharing your comments. As General Manager, I express my disappointment for all the inconveniences suffered.

I can assure you that the feedback of our guests is very important for us. The bed lighting comment has been expressed in some ocasions and for this reason we have taken the action of placing additional bed lamps for reading.

Regarding the pillows, we do indeed have different pillows selection that we offer when requiried.

I apologize for not having met your expectations. I trust we can welcome you once again.

Nv
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed at this lovely hotel with my family of four. From the moment we arrived in the taxi we were treated with 5 star service. The doorman and concierge greeted us when we arrived and instantly made us feel welcome. Both rooms that we stayed in were lovely. We were even pleasantly surprised to have one room upgraded to a junior suite. This room was even larger with a private terrace and rooftop garden with loungers and a table. Our stay was highlighted with a special event gourmet dinner in their restaurant. The food was amazing! I highly recommend this hotel for your stay in Barcelona! It's location within the Gothic area added to its charm! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jennifer H
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you so much for sharing with us and with our future guests your excellent stay on the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the hotel, I am very proud to know that your stay with us was great.

Many thanks!

I hope to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 5 July 2014

i go Barcelona often and usually i like to try new hotel for every visit , so took this recommendation from friend , while we were driving to hotel i was like where ru we going to ?

small street , anyway i checked in and i went to the room and it was heaven!!! this is piece of part you gonna stay in !!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Spoow
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for sharing with us your "BOMB!" stay on the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the hotel, I am glad to know that your stay with us was great and which now you have a new hotel for your next visit to Barcelona.

Many thanks!

I hope to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,