Mercer Hotel Barcelona
Hotel 1898(Barcelona)
US$401
US$322
  • Pool
Ayre Hotel Rosellon(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$276
US$246
US$220
US$225
US$185
H10 Hotels
  • Restaurant
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
US$220
US$277
US$245
Orbitz.com
1,465 results
All reviewsgothic quarterroman wallle bouchonjuan manueltapas barnarrow streetsbeautiful hotelspecial hotelguest relationsrooftop deckconcierge staffjunior suitethe entire staffinner courtyardbreakfast was deliciousrestaurant recommendationsbarri gotic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

In the heart of the Gothic quarter; can be hard to find--even for taxi drivers due to narrow streets. But worth the hunt. The old building was gutted. Small hotel. Excellent and attentive service--very helpful staff with restaurant selections and touring possibilities. Rooms are modern and simply furnished--small to moderate in size, but ample unless you spend a lot of time there. small rooftop pool and terrace. No fitness facility but lots of walking opportunities.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe room--they face the inner courtyard. The less expensive rooms face a wall close by.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JLHIII
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,

I want to personally thank you for sharing with us your stay at the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager, I am very glad to hear that your stay with us was excellent. Thank you again!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Mercer hotel, in the heart of the old town of central Barcelona was excellent: great location, very modern, but comfortable design and rooms, fantastic staff. The staff were extremely helpful with our many requests for information, attractions, routes, luggage, car parking and restaurants. The hotel and its people made our stay in Barcelona one of the highlights of our travels in Spain.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Don G
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Sir,

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I want to personally thank you for your enthusiastic comments about our hotel and our staff.

I am very proud to hear that the staff of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona were "one of the highlights of our travels in Spain".

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We went to the Mercer Hotel with 4 other friends as a fun gateway week end and a break from the children for 4 days. It was also my husbands' birthday the day we arrived. From the minute we stepped in the hotel, we were greeted by the most friendliest of staff. The hotel smelled beautiful and the cool air was welcomed! We were offered a complimentary glass of cava and because we booked through Mr and Mrs Smith, we were also offered a tapas styled lunch and wine on behalf of Mr and Mrs Smith. It was delicious. We all had booked junior suites and were showed to our rooms. Each one had a balcony and the room were luxurious and stylish. We then went to have a drink on the roof terrace where we were all pleasantly surprised by the size of the pool, we all assumed that it was smaller than it actually was. We had a swim and enjoyed the roof top views, the bar staff were too, extremely friendly. It was paradise and when we thought it couldn't get any better, on our return to our room, we had a knock on the door and we handed a bottle of Cava and some sweet treats on the house for my husbands birthday. We hadn't told them but they had noticed from his passport, such attention to its customers. This hotel continued to impress us throughout our stay, the breakfast was table served and delicious, the bed and bedding was the most comfortable bedding we had ever slept in..Honestly, I had never in my life slept so well. The hotel is stylish and impressive in its décor, everything is luxurious and comfortable. The staff team is amazing and helpful. Nothing can be faulted! Outstanding place, I will tell the whole world about the Mercer and will never stay anywhere else in Barcelona!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank magalie_billaud

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for your enthusiastic explication about your stay at the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I am very proud to hear that your stay with us was brilliant. All the Staff of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona works to provide our guests with the best memorable stay possible. I am glad to know that succeeded with you.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here three nights. I loved the clever design which incorporated sections of the old roman walls into the building. Our room was chic and comfortable. One problem was that it overlooked the street below which meant we did here some noise at night time. The pool area on the top floor was excellent. The pool was shallow and of modest size but it allowed you to cool off. We ordered food from the rooftop bar but it was expensive and the club sandwich was not a club sandwich but four tasteless dollops of pastry with some side lettuce for 18 euros. Their French fries were great. We found the price they wanted for breakfast was way to expensive at over 30 euros per person. Instead we e found tapas bars within 150 metres that served fresh orange juice, delicious coffee and croissants. The hotel was a 20 minute walk from the beach and the hotel helpfully provided towels and a beach carry bag. The staff at the hotel were outstanding. They were always pleasant, helpful and courteous while allowing themselves to relax and enjoy a laugh with you. The location was excellent, with quality restaurants all around and interesting sights. I would recommend this hotel to others. Unrelated to the hotel, I would like to mention a problem that we had with World Airport Transfers who I paid in advance to meet us at Barcelona airport and drive us to the hotel. Their representative, Splash, did not show and WAT is not providing a refund. Be warned fellow travellers!

Room Tip: Our room overlooking the street was a bit noisy at night. I would recommend a room overlooking the central courtyard.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheWhistler15
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing with us your comments about our hotel.

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I am glad to know that your stay with us was very good. I take note about your comments, they help us to improve our services and the relations with our guests. Thank you again!

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Everything about this hotel is great. I have been to Barcelona a few time and each time I try a new place. I think I will come back to this one the next trip I have. I feel comfortable and at home. The staff is friendly and understand my special needs. It's hard for me to adjust my sleep schedule but they are very helpful in helping me create a dark atmosphere.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank gwenbraum
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Madam,

As General Manager of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona, I want to personally thank you for sharing with us and with our future guests your excellent stay with us.

I am very glad to know that our staff help you and understood your special needs. Thank you again for your kindly comments.