“best stay in Barcelona”

Mercer Hotel Barcelona
Ranked #3 of 518 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 14 August 2014

beautiful hotel, genuine staff, perfect location.
I stayed at Mercer Hotel with my daughter (15) for two days in august.
From the moment we were greeted by the doorman I realized I had picked the right hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Christine060268
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2014

Dear Madame,

Thank you for sharing with us your positive review about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona. I want to tell you that our main purpose is to offer a memorable stay to all guests that choose us as their home in Barcelona.

As General Manager, I am pleased to read that you realized you picked up the right hotel. I can only thank you again for your kind words and invite you to contact us again if you plan to come back to Barcelona in the future.

Best regards,

Francesc Holgado

Write a ReviewReviews (1,430)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and myself have stayed at Mercer 5 nights beginnging of june 2014 with our 6 weeks old daughter and the hotel was superb: the location was perfect to explore the city, the staff was very helpful, especially to accomodate the needs of our daughter. The hotel itself is very beautiful and the rooms decorared tastefully with design furniture. the rooftop terras is great, very relaxing with a nice swimming pool and the drinks and food are fantastic. The tapas bar is great!

When we left, we noticed that a bag containing a Tintin tshirt we had bought as a gift for our 13 years old son was missing, and after i sent the hotel an email, they went to the store located on the same street and retrieved the same tshirt we have chosen and sent it to our home adress, without charging us for the expenses, which was a really classy move.

Would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Andydelalux
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Madam,

As General Manager, I want to personally thank you for sharing with us your excellent comments about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

I am very glad to hear that your stay with us was brilliant. All the staff of the Mercer Hotel Barcelona works to provide our guests with the best hospitality services possible. I am very proud that succeeded with you. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 7 August 2014

After much research and based on feedback we found on trip advisor and other travel websites, my husband and I decided to stay at the Mercer Hotel for our very first to Spain. We were so glad we did!

The hotel itself is an architectural marvel built on top of Roman ruins. Make sure to see the cellars and dining area in the hotel's restaurant/breakfast area. Check in was a breeze, the concierge was super friendly and offered us Cava champagne, which I indulged in even if it was a bit early in the day.

We chose a deluxe room and since our stay was for four nights we were given complimentary tapas vouchers at the tapas place next door called Le Bouchon. Overall thoughts on the room: size of room was quite comfortable, bed and bathroom space quite creative (look on the website's room 360 view), Molton Brown amenities (love them), double glass windows that block the noise out from the busy street below. Wish we had an electric kettle so we could make tea in the room instead of having to order room service every time, but the daily complimentary water bottles, juices and soda made up for it. One quam about the shower was that it tended to overflow and seep out to the room floor. But once we complained, the staff was right on it and fixed the problem.

We didn't get to eat at the restaurant but did have breakfast there. A bit pricey for the limited spread offered compared to other boutique hotels we've been to. But the quality of the food was good and waiter was very attentive. It was nice to have breakfast served warm to our table rather than having to queue at the breakfast table.

Location wise, this place is just smack in the middle of downtown. Walking distance to Las Ramblas and Boqueria Market as well as to the Barcelona Cathedral and to the seaside.

Concierge felt very personalized, and we got good recommendations about how to spend our time in Barcelona, got help with restaurant booking, tickets and reservations for tour buses, etc.
Check out was also effortless and concierge helped us again to book a taxi and make sure we had plenty of time to get to the train station and catch our train to Madrid.

Overall very happy with the hotel and service and would stay at the Mercer if we ever get to visit again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Lilogirl08

Dear Madam,

I want to personally thank you for sharing with us your enthusiastic explication about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

As General Manager, I am very glad to know that your stay with us was excellent. I want to tell you that the comments of our guests encourage us to improve every day. Thank you so much!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Recently returned from staying at this super hotel. We had a room on the 3rd floor facing the vertical planted wall. Nicely stylish with a rough painted feature wall and painted beams. Simple but very comfortable and great rain shower. The lighting is highly imaginative too.. Only wish it had a coffee maker. The breakfast was great - though it was hard to do it justice if you enjoyed a marvellous dinner at one of Barcelona's great restaurants the night before!! The service was very attentive and friendly - they always went the extra mile. Not to mention the fantastic location which was hard to beat - and literally a couple minutes walk to the metro. Definitely highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jenny1794
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,

As General Manager, I want to personally thank you for sharing with us your highly recommendation about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

I am very glad to hear that your stay with us was brilliant and you enjoyed all our services, breackfast, Mercer Restaurant Jean Luc Figueras... And about your wish, I take note.

Thank you so much!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Excellent in all ways !!!! We been so good taking care of. From the minute we steped in Stefan in the door greated us and reception service and also Florentina gave us the best of service. Thanks from the Lack family !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mia L

Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharing with us your excellent comments about the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

I am glad to hear that your stay with us was brilliant. At the Mercer Barcelona all the staff works daily to provide our guest with the best hospitality services. I am very proud to know that succeeded with you. Many thanks!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The Mercer hotel is excellent! It is extremely well-located in the beautiful and charming gothic quarter so you can walk to many of the attractions in Barcelona. The architecture is a lovely blend of ancient Roman ruins with modern amenities. Our room faced the center courtyard and was very quiet. Barcelona was our first stop on our trip to Spain and we were thankful to have such a quiet room with such a comfortable bed to help us quickly recover from jet lag. Everything was spotless and fresh and we appreciated the wonderful shower and separate large tub in the bathroom. One suggestion to the hotel: The towels are plush and large which is great but there should be some extra towel racks in the bathroom.

The service was excellent, especially Juan Manuel and the women at the front desk who greeted us upon our arrival. Juan Manuel gave us a tour of the hotel and showed us to our room. He was extremely polite and personable and he made a very positive impression on us. We also enjoyed visiting with Jocaste (sp?) our lovely server at breakfast each morning. She was very friendly, professional and polished and we really appreciated her service each morning. The breakfast was truly delicious and there were a variety of options to choose from. We loved listening to the church bells ringing nearby as we ate breakfast in the courtyard. We ordered room service for one of our meals (a late lunch) and was also delicious.

In the late afternoons, we enjoyed sitting on the lovely rooftop deck while enjoying a glass of wine. There is a very nice pool on the roof, though it is small - like a lap pool or plunge pool - but certainly very refreshing and very pretty.

Everything at the hotel was outstanding except for one of the concierges who proved to be a disappointment. We wanted to go to the Park Guell and we asked the concierge how to get there on the Metro. Though he seemed nice enough, we were disappointed to discover that he didn't give very thorough directions as to how to get from the metro to the park once we arrived at our stop. We got very lost and wasted time walking around trying to find the park entrance for close to an hour. Also, while we were able to see some Gaudi buildings at the park, the main attraction required tickets and the line was - and usually is - a wait of an hour or more. Unfortunately, I think he wasn't a very experienced concierge because, if he had been, he would've pointed out the fact that the wait is a long one and he would've made the extra effort to get us tickets online in advance. Other than that, however, we absolutely love this hotel and we recommend it without hesitation!

Room Tip: We faced the courtyard and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Melody5

Dear Madam,

As General Manager, I want to personally thank you for sharing with us your enthusiastic comments about your stay at the Mercer Hotel Barcelona.

I am flattered to hear your excellent explication about our hotel services. I can assure you that all the staff works daily to provide our guests with the best hospitality services possible. I am glad to know that succeeded with you, and I take note about the case of the last concierge.

Thank you for your kindly comments!

Reviewed 31 July 2014

To put this review in context, I am a bit of a hotel snob. The Mercer is a true 5-star hotel from the hotel itself to the exceptional service to the PERFECT location. Roof top pool & bar is small and classy & has nice views & excellent drinks/snacks. Breakfast was included and had lots of gluten-free options. The hotel is on a very small street in the middle of the Gothic district which is a perfect location to walk to many of the great sights in Barcelona. It is also easy to get to a cab or the subway if you want to go out to the beaches or say to Montjuic. Only negative would be that the high ceilings and stone/stucco walls inside do not dampen sound very well, so you can sometimes hear your neighbors. We stayed in a huge beautiful suite - room 301.

Room Tip: Room 301 was great because has a separate bedroom for the parents and plenty of room in the "de...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Heston L
Francesc H, Director General at Mercer Hotel Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Sir,

I am flattered to hear that our hotel was "the best" for you. I can assure you that all the staff works daily to provide our guests with the best hospitallity services possible. I am glad to know that succeeded with you.

Thank you for your comments!