“Bar Oviso”

Oviso
Ranked #984 of 10,922 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Barrio Gòtico (Barri Gòtic)
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

On my travels I always seem to end up finding my favourite bar, and this time Oviso, in Barcelona’s Gotic quarter, was it. The drinks were reasonably priced compared to what is quite an expensive City to drink in. The main reason I liked this bar though, was the friendly staff who, even very late on a Monday night, with the bar quite empty, managed to remain cheerful and keep me entertained.

Reviewed 20 October 2017

Surprising little find while out for a walk. Nice square for kids as they can play in the small park while you relax with a cafe solo and some lunch. Food was again very nice. More a cafe for drinks/food/ coffee. Simple sandwiches with unusual and delightful combination of flavours.

1  Thank Ewan_Rennie
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Location: Honestly, it was my first day, I hadn't slept on my overnight flight and I immediately took off to explore after getting to my flat SO... I'm going to say the Gothic quarter. Maybe El Born.

The place: I sat outside so can't comment on the interior.

The goods: Basic menu with sandwiches and a few other things. I had a sandwich with home-made sausage and roasted peppers. It was very good! The only thing is that there was a shortage of sausage between the slices of that fresh, tasty bread. I also ordered potatoes that were served the 'traditional' way, that is, cut into small pieces and baked in the oven. I'm told many places deep fry, though. Anyway, they were delicious! To end my meal, I had a Cortado, which, surprisingly, was awesome.

Service: OK.

Price point: 9.60€ so you can't beat that.

Reviewed 21 September 2017

We found this bar by chance, but it was a great find. The beer was good and the food was prepared with great care by the kitchen staff. The place is kept clean and tidy and the staff were very friendly. We called every evening to have a pint or two and ate there on twice. Really enjoyed the off beat surroundings.

1  Thank traveleasy60
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We had a cheese and ham croissant, scrambled eggs with salmon, toast, and salad, two Americanos and one cappuccino for 12.80€. our hotel wanted 17€ per person. Good food great value