“Pretty Standard Mexican Fare”
Review of Cantina Mariachi - CLOSED

Cantina Mariachi
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
USA
“Pretty Standard Mexican Fare”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We were shopping at the Diagonal in Barcelona, and needed a bite to eat. There are a decent assortment of commercial eateries scattered around the Diagonal, but we settled on Mexican. Overall it's what you'd expect to find in just about any country that serves "tex-mex" style Mexican food (burritos, tacos, and lots of melted cheese). It's not fancy, but it's also fairly reasonably priced.

If you went to a lot of trouble to end up in Barcelona, and this is the one place you eat - you need to go back to Barcelona. If you were shopping and wanted something quick, familiar, and reasonably inexpensive, this place is fine.

Outside seating on the edge of a playground for younger children is a plus - if you have younger children.

• Visited September 2013

Flitwick
“Cheap cheerful and fun beer”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We found this place in the Glories Shopping centre afater a tiring day. We enjoyed the starter of Nachos which was huge and would have easily made a meal. The tacos were really tasty and just enough after the strarter. The yardie beer was fun and the shandy version really hit the spot on a very warm evening. Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Embarrassed of being mexican and them saying this is mexican food.”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

A joke, I went there to have lunch and ordered the " tuna ceviche" which was a can of tuna with chopped onions and peppers. I didn't even touch it out of disgust/surprise and the manager even said it was "fresh". I quote: " the vegetables are". I ordered " tacos al pastor" as a main course and I was brought a plate of fluorescent yellow (as in paella) rectangles of very low quality pork, chewy and full of nerves... What can I say? As a mexican and a true lover of my home cuisine, it was horrible to see the foreigners surrounding me thinking this was "authentic" as they deceitfully advertise themselves.
I would have preferred someone robbing me that paying the money I payed for this so called mexican food.

• Visited August 2013
Haifa, Israel
“Fast Food Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Avarage fast food place, nothing special, Would recommend to try other places while you're in Barcelona

• Visited March 2013