“Better than a hotel”

Ranked #234 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Better than a hotel”
Reviewed 28 February 2013

When I travel, I feel that I get the best "local" experience when I stay in an apartment or a small B&B. Big hotels make me feel like a tourist! But sometimes finding a nice, CLEAN place can be a bit daunting and not worth the trouble in the end. However, I'm glad I found Trianon & Co. and David the owner!

David is a better concierge and tour guide than you're likely to find in any hotel. He's lived in Barcelona for a long time and is always happy to give his recommendations on favorite spots, the best Tapas (God, I miss the Tapas!!!) and general MUST DO's around the city. The place is stunning, clean, and stocked with all of the necessities. But the best part is David. He really has a love for what he does and it shows. It really helped make me feel more at home in a strange city and I can't wait to visit again as soon as possible!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hotel_Boy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

first of all, the picture of the appartement made me interested, it is old classic and cute! the owner (David) is really nice! he gave us some information about barcelona, what to do, what to see, where to go, where to eat, etc and of course a map :P the location also strategic, near 2 metro station (Rocafort and Urgell - Line1), not that far fro city centre. we got the smallest room and it wasnt bad! it is comfortable and fulfilled our trip in barcelona! will recomend to other people!

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank swiradja
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 22 February 2013

The room was clean, cosy, and very close to the city center. Apart of that the owner was very welcoming. The hand over keys was great, we arrived at 3 in the morning;) owner was there, with a smile! What a service!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 17 February 2013

A very nice and personalized apartment in the center of Eixample, heart of Barcelona. Fresh rooms, nicely decorated, clean bathroom (slightly dark) with bathroom amenities such as soaps, shampoos, shower gel's from different hotels, that makes You see that David (the host) have been travelling alot and knows what a real welcome looks like and what a traveller need to feel like home :)
Perfect choice - for business (have wifi), family, couple and even solo visitors.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I stayed their with my wife in November 2012. We felt very comfortable and appreciated the excelent central location of the apartment, which was very clean and nicely decorated. Host was very friendly and gave us useful tips for sightseeing, shopping and good restaurant and ars. We do highly recommend this place.
N. & P.

• Stayed November 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 10 December 2012

My stay with David was very pleasant and comfortable. He was a very helpful host. As I was traveling alone, he made me feel very welcome in his home and I was able to feel completely relaxed and he was always available for me, whether it was for sightseeing or socialising. He offered me great tips on what to see and do in the city as well as the best places to dine and hang out in the evenings. On the whole, a very cosy and pretty apartment in an extremely convenient location. I was very happy and satisfied with my stay and will definetly be coming back again

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
San Diego, California
Reviewed 9 December 2012

Great location and great host! I've been to Barcelona multiple times and this is definitely a place I plan to return to on future visits. When I travel I tend to spend most of my time doing things around the city, and this location is perfect for walking to the best sites in Barcelona. For locations that are farther out (and for train/airport connections), the property is close to Metro and bus connections. The accommodations were comfortable and welcoming, and of course the host was super friendly!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo