All reviewsamazing showerlovely balconycloset spaceperfect staywithin walking distancegreat place to stayairportcasacityvaluablescleanlinesskeys
Reviewed 2 June 2014

YOUR HOSTS: My wife and I spent our first four nights here and then our last night two weeks later, so we know Quadrat d'Or well. Juan Sr. is very pleasant and helpful and his English is adequate. Juan Jr. is essentially fluent in English and he was exceptionally helpful to us - (I had my pocket picked and if you will bear with me I'll explain how to avoid that at the end.) He filed a police report for me, which saved me an interminable trip to the station. Angeles, Juan Sr.'s wife was also lovely and charming. So, … wonderful hosts, a generous continental breakfast and good coffee. There is a vineyard in their family and its wine is also very good. OUR ROOM: The room was large. It had lots of storage space, good light, a patio/balcony, a comfortable king-sized bed and a well-appointed bathroom. LOCATION: Bruc is a few blocks from a main shopping street and within easy walking distance of Gaudi's cathedral. There is a wonderful market literally across the street and there are many fine restaurants nearby. You'll likely be offered a card for two complimentary glasses of cava at Tapas de Madre, a local restaurant. Go! I'll review it anon. As to avoiding pickpockets, keep your wallet in your cross-body shoulder bag. Take your metro pass out of your wallet BEFORE you enter the subway station and then put your wallet back in your bag and zip it up BEFORE entering the station. If you're sharing a multi-ride pass with your spouse do as I suggest and don't take your wallet out in the station and then put it in your pocket and not back in your bag. They will see and target you and your wallet will be gone by the time you get through the turnstile. Do not carry unnecessary identification or documents. Leave them in the B&B, especially your passports. Get an international driver's licence and leave it in the room, too. Lost my wallet but had an international DL in the room and so was still able to rent a car. Take a back-up bank and credit card and leave them in the room! Despite the hassle of being pick-pocketed, Spain was fabulous.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back, away from the street, so there was no street noise. But, the church bells begin at 7:45 a.m.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pickascreennamepicka
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My partner and I stayed at B&B Quadrat d'Or for two nights in June 2013. As I finalize this year's summer plans, I have remembered the best times of our trip to Spain last year, and I realize I owe this place a five star rating.

We started our trip in Barcelona and this lovely bed and breakfast was our first stop. The rooms are big and the ceilings are high, beds are very comfortable and everything is extremely clean. The balcony where we enjoyed breakfast had an amazing view of a church.

We overslept one morning and had tickets to the Sacred Family; we had to literally run out. Breakfast time was over but the hostess, knowing that we hadn't eaten anything that morning, kept the breakfast on the table so that we could eat before leaving. That was a very kind gesture. ¡Gracias!

The hostess was very helpful with suggestions and directions; she printed our tickets to Palau de la Musica Catalana. Don't forget to try her delicious home baked cookies!

Room Tip: We used the room with a shared bathroom. Not a problem at all. It was always clean and we never run into the other guests.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Quadrat_dor, Propietario at Quadrat d'Or, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Many, many thanks. You were great guest!.
Since last Christmas our B&B has grown and now we have four rooms, the two rooms that you had known (Gaudí & Domenech) and two new rooms (Jujol & Martinell), smaller but quite lovely too, with ensuite bathroom and little balconys for having breakfast.
Now the room where you had stayed, has the bathroom inside the room too. Actually, all our rooms have ensuite bathroom. We made works for improving our little B&B.
If you want you can see some pictures in our website.
I hope to see you again in Barcelona and in Quadrat d'Or, of course!
Ángeles

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had a great 2 night stay here. Comfortable bed, little balcony and more importantly - soundproofed! Breakfast was great and included, endless cups of coffee all day. Airport transfer organised with a minimum of fuss. Hosts were kind, informative and keen to help. Language barriers were fine as the son of the owner's English is quite good , and our Spanish poor. Modern rooms and an awesome hot shower - good wifi and great position to metro and not far from gaudi highlights

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luddles
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Room Tip: Dressing gowns provided along with soap, shampoo etc and towels. Rooms cleaned and made up every day. Water provided in room. In lobby by reception coffee/tea provided all day & night via machine. Excellent value for money for short break.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We stayed here only one night but it was perfect. It was comfortable and located near 'Pedrera' and 'Passeig Garcia' about 500 m. The room and the balcomy were a bit small.
The owner is very friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple