“Why didn't I try it before?”
Review of Espai Kru

Espai Kru
Reserve with
Espai Kru is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #246 of 9,937 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$72 - US$96
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montjuic
Description: The upstairs of Rias de Galicia becomes a "sea" of little dishes, more casual, more fun, more imaginative, and more economical. A modern setting, with a kitchen bar where chefs prepare many dishes in front of customers. Two Rías in one. The menu has two parts. The main one based on elaborations without fire, is an anthem to the "product". And a second one where we discover the fire.
Reviewed 6 November 2013

For us real foodies Barcelona is like Disney for the kids. You will find top quality Catalan and Spanish places by the dozens. It is rare to find a city with so many top choices. espai Kru is a small restaurant about 2 km from the Gothic Quarter so it can be a nice little walk if you are staying in that area. The decor is pleasant but nothing special. The service is good, language skills are good for the most part which comes handy in Spain if you know what I mean. How many of you found a taxi driver in Barcelona ho spoke English? Although the ribs were nice as was the grilled seabass an the paella, go here if you love raw stuff with a bit of a twist. I happen to be a big Italian, Japanese and Asian food fan in general and I loved the simple but still taste bud pampering fresh sauces with the various raw plates. The raw red mullet was outstanding as was the raw scallops with ponzu sauce and salmon eggs. Visually and taste wise the raw oysters in a kind of peruvian ceviche sauce really made my day if not the whole weekend. The raw lobster tartar with a bit of a sevruga caviar also worth a try but the portion like with the mullett is fairly big. Unless you are a big eater, pace yourself. I don't think the scallops tempura was anything special but one of my all time favorite, percebes or goose barnacles were just the right size and succulent.
Prices are reasonable which is suprising, including the wine list. The same bottle of a nice albarino I like, Mar de Frades was about a third less then in other top restaurants in the city. Clearly the place is not trying to take advantage of you on the drinks. Lunch or dinner great but not with groups of more than 4 people. They are not set up for that.
You will enjoy this one.

1  Thank SharingIsCaring2013
There are newer reviews for Espai Kru

Reviewed 23 October 2013

My husband and I were recommended this restaurant by our hotel-it was in walking distance and we love seafood. My husband loves oysters and he stated they were some of the best oysters he had ever tasted. They were very large & meaty-just wonderful! I had the crab cannelloni which was also very good. This was our first night in Barcelona so we did not eat very heavy. We enjoyed a nice bottle of Rioja wine and called it a very good night!

1  Thank sbendpassport
Reviewed 21 October 2013

booked this restaurant following reviews on TA and was not disappointed by the Quality of the food.

We ordered fresh Oysters, and the Large Blue crab and again very well cooked and presented but think the price of the Crab was very excessive (100 Euros)

Overall a great restaurant, but expect a very large Bill

Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

We asked for a recommendation for a fish restaurant from the concierge at our hotel - he sent us to the rias de galicia and we werent disappointed. We had the tasting menu which was amazing from start to
finish. As well as fish they do a few great meat dishes so dont be put off if you're not a fish fan!

Reviewed 11 October 2013

If you like seafood, and especially raw, then this is your heaven.

The service was impeccable with plenty of time taken to explain the menu, and suggest really good alternatives. Highlights were Navajas, Sashimi especially the Salmonete (my favorite), and the Bogavante salad with mango.

We loved the the atmosphere - probably a bit more oriented to friends than a romantic tete-a-tete. The room is divided by unobtrusive decorations which give a great feeling on intimacy, and keeps noise levels down (which is always a challenge in Spain), and the background music is nice.

The price tag at the end of the meal was very reasonable for the exceptionally high quality.