“lovely hotel”

Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia
Ranked #39 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 20 February 2014

great hotel right around the corner from the plaza catalunya. that meant direct access to the center of the transpo hub in barcelona including the airport shuttle bus and the subway lines. the hotel itself is well appointed, bright, clean, and very well designed. staff were very courteous and efficient. i have found my home base for barcelona!

Room Tip: my room on the 1st floor had an outside sitting area with a view of the pool. no street view thoug...
2  Thank Jay C
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for the time you spend written your comments about our hotel on trip advisor.
I am very happy to hear that you found your home base for Barcelona, I think it is one of the best comments than I can received.
Again thank you very much for your nice comment and I will wait for your next visit to your home.
Best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,072)

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This hotel was one of the best places we have stayed. We were traveling with another couple and all stayed here for 2 nights. Very modern hotel but not over the top modern. It had just enough to look clean and sleek. We have stayed in Germany and London and haven't found a place this nice.. with such a great central location, at such a good price, ever!

We had a standard room. It came with a balcony, amazing rainfall shower with towel warming rack.. King size bed that gave us the best nights of sleep we had our whole vacation. The hotel is clean and quiet. We were given complimentary drink cards for the bar at our arrival which was a nice surprise as well. We didn't eat there but the bar was nice for just a drink before heading out for the evening.

The hotel staff was great about giving us suggestions on where to go for food and drinks too. Also if you ask they give you maps of the city which is needed.

We would very much stay here again. Really just a wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: don't pay more for the bigger room.. the standard was perfect size for 2 and ours had a nice bal...
2  Thank Calderon7
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear guest,
thank you very much for your comments about our Hotel. This feedback is the best quality barometer that we have. I will pass through my staff your opinion, they will be more than pleased to receive them.
Best regards

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed 3 nights in this hotel in February 2014.
I would definitely return in this hotel. The room is big, clean, modern.
The bed is vey very comfortable.. I'm used to travel but I rarely had the chance to sleep so well.
The location is perfect at 30 meters from the metro station.
Plaza Catalunia, casa Batlo, Pedrera... are at very short walking distance.

I didn't try the breakfast.

1  Thank Christophe F
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your nice comments about our hotel, it is helps us to improve our service.
I am very happy to hear that your stayed with us was fine.
If you will come back to Barcelona, please do not heasite to contact with me.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The best value hotel I have stayed in in Barca. The pricing is normal business hotel pricing, and not expensive for the centre of Barcelona but the quality is really first class. Friendly well trained staff, and upgrade to Imperial Suite astonishing for the price.

Outstanding room service arrangement with a sushi restaurant- which arrived promptly and was good quality and also very well priced.

I didn't take breakfast so, not sure about that but everything else was tremendous.

My visit was one night for business but the hotel experience made it feel more like a vacation. Will return. Soon.

Room Tip: Imperial Suite is magnificent. Private terrace and jacuzzi!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Christopher Ber... E
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your nice comments about our hotel, I am very happy to hear that everything was fine during your stayed and I really hope to see you again.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I am smiling just thinking about this hotel!
We were there in January and had such a great time. Check-in was swift, I had my passport checked and I was then wished a happy birthday; nice touch.
Room was gorgeous; ultra modern decorated in very nice latte colours and white. Bathroom was sleek and modern too, nice tiles, quite a large shower
Everything spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We had a view over the pool area which looked very nice; would be great to be there in summer.
Breakfast was really good – decent buffet with a good range of food, and I liked the Nespresso machine so you could have any coffee you wanted. There is an area where you could sit outside in summer.
We were given a “welcome drink” voucher so we used the hotel bar, which we liked very much. You can sit at the bar or in various sofa & coffee table areas, and there is a big screen TV. It was quiet, comfortable and suited us just fine – the staff were really friendly, and the Rioja very nice indeed!
I recommend this hotel and will definitely return again. The location was ideal, just off Passeig de Gracia, short walk to Placa de Catalunya, Ramblas and Gaudi houses.
Lovely rooms, great value for money, staff really friendly and helpful.
At check-out we saw the same member of staff who’d checked us in, he immediately said “see you again next birthday!” – I hope so!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank SPea
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your nice comments about our hotel. It is helps us to improve our service.
I really hope to see you again on your next birthday !!!

Reviewed 11 February 2014

the rooms and the entire hotel decoration very very nice, all designed up to the smallest detail resulting in a great result. Location was also very convenient for the shops and also the touristy area. Staff very friendly and helpful. Every evening they would break in some small treat like chocolates or candies to the room.
Overall great impressions, would definitely go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alceste K
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for the time that you spend written your comments about our hotel, it is helps us to improve our service.
I am very happy to hear that your stayed with us was fine.
Please, if you will come back to Barcelona, do not heasite to contact with me.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

Staff was very professional and accommodating. Rooms are spacious, modern, and well appointed. Super location, especially if you enjoy walking to explore a city. We managed to see most of the highlights without having to take a bus or taxi (Although I'm sure we didn't see everything!) and we are in our 60's. Close to all the high end shops as well as la Rambla. Plenty of restaurants & choices within an easy stroll. This hotel has only been open for a short while, so it is in really good condition. We actually returned to our room mid afternoon, and painters were doing wall touch ups. Nice to see this level of attention. We arrived by car. All the local parking lots are crazy prices (50 + Euros/day!!!!), and the hotel offers an underground lot holding 15 cars at 22 Euros. Take it! We didn't use the hotel breakfast option ( 19E) but opted for local cafes (4-5 E). But we would stay here again. PS: To rebut a previous reviewer , there are plenty of available taxis within sight of the door. step outside, they are pretty obvious! Ask for a room in the back, because I would imagine the front of the hotel could be pretty noisy as it is on a major boulevard

Room Tip: I would stay in the back. Front is on a busy street and there is really not much of a view anyway.
4  Thank devon2325
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear guest,
First at all thank you very much for the time that you spend written your comments about our hotel on this website.
I am very happy to know that your stayed with us was absolutly fine and I hoppe to see you again, please do not heasite to contact with me for make a new reservation.
Again thank you very much for your nice comments.