Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia
Catalonia Portal de l'Angel(Barcelona)
US$346
Alma Barcelona(Barcelona)
US$370
US$354
  • Pool
NH Barcelona Barri Gotic(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$394
US$355
US$512
  • Restaurant
Capri by Fraser Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$223
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ciutat de Barcelona(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$296
US$266
HotelsClick
1,120 results
All reviewsfree tapasimperial suitefree afternoon teagreat locationpasseig de gracialovely hotelpool areaevery eveningterrace roomstayed here for nightssuperior roomweekend breakgood sizecentral locationfirst floorloved this hotelbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I tried this place after reading reviews, I travel frequently to Barcelona and always stay within this same neighborhood, tried most of the hotels around and this is one of the best choices. Price/Quality relation is excellent. You have basically new rooms, clean hotel, modern installations, and friendly staff. Metro is less than a block away, restaurants are frequent around this area, shops are all around the corner. Internet speed was poor if I have something to criticize. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for the time you spent writting about us. We are so pleased with. We would like to see you soon in our Hotel, and in the city of Barcelona. Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We loved this hotel. The location is great. Just along the street from the Passeig de Gracia and a few minutes’ walk to Place de Catalunya and easy walking to Las Ramblas. However it would have been good if the hotel had a sideways sign out the front that could be seen when walking or driving up and down the street. We drove along the street twice but the fast moving traffic made it nearly impossible to see where it was. In the end, I had to get out and enquire. A real bonus is the parking garage with direct access into the hotel making it so easy to take your bags in. The parking fee of €22 per day was reasonable especially as we were allowed to leave the car there for a couple of hours after check out while we visited the must see Sagrada Familia, as the garage wasn’t full.

We had a room with a private terrace at the end of the corridor so the terrace only overlooked by the higher floors of the hotel. However, be aware that as several of these rooms are on the ground floor there is no view except upwards to the large terrace with the pool and the very attractive back of the hotel. Our terrace had two chairs, a table and a lounger. We found it very pleasant to sit out in. The hotel décor is in a palette of cream, grey, brown etc which wouldn’t normally be to my taste, but it’s done very stylishly with good quality furniture. Our room was a reasonable size with a nicely padded desk chair and long bench. There were shelves above the mini bar with sparkling clean glasses that we used for our drinks outside on the terrace. The bathroom was compact but well laid out and spotlessly clean, with nice toiletries, and it was so nice to have somewhere to put out our own things. We liked the thick, fluffy towels though it would have been good to have a grab rail for getting in and out of the bath for a shower. There was a very comfortable, enormous superking bed with the longest pillows we’ve seen. We slept very well as our room was very quiet even though the hotel is on a busy street. We did notice an irritating low level whining noise which turned out to come from the eco lights so it stopped as soon as we turned the light out at night.

The bar and restaurant looked very attractive. We were tempted by the offer of a free bottle of wine with a meal but, as we only stayed two nights, we didn’t have time to eat in the hotel. The staff were very pleasant and welcoming. It would have been useful if Reception had some tourist leaflets available but we were given a city map when we asked. The only small complaint we had is that the room was advertised with complimentary chocolates but we never got any. Even when we enquired at reception they still weren’t forthcoming.

We really enjoyed our time at this hotel and would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: The terrace rooms at the back are very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ladybentley
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear guest,
First at all thank you very much for the time you spend written your comments about our hotel, it is helps us to improve our service.
I am very happy to know that your stayed with us was fine and I hoppe to see you again very soon.
Best regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel because of its location close to Plaza Cataluna and excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. It filled completely our expectations. Front desk was extremely helpful in every way and especially resolving a check in problem with the airline. The only drawback I would comment is the lack of small bath towels and a floor towel for the bathroom. We did not have breakfast in the hotel since we were leaving early to the airport.We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be staying here every time we are in Barcelona. Strongly Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for the time you spent writing in Trip Advisor about us. It helps new travellers to know better our hotel. We wait to receive you very soon in the city and, of course, in Catalonia Passeig de Gràcia Hotel.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I've taken 2 months to decide what to write about this hotel. My experience seems at complete odds with everyone else's review, so I've taken my time to consider what others have written and recall my own time there to give a balanced review. We stayed here for 4 nights from 13th-17th February 2014. It was a birthday / valentines treat for my girlfriend. This is billed as a 4 star plus boutique hotel. In reality it is no more than a 3 star. The hotel is fairly new and therefore clean. However its very sterile and lacks any ambiance. The hotel is completely devoid of any colour. The hotel also has virtually no wall pictures or anything 'interesting' to look at. Being a boutique hotel, means its just that.. small. We stayed in and upgraded room with terrace. We arrived for a long romantic Valentines / Birthday weekend, only to walk into the room to find it had to single beds!! What on earth were reception thinking?. However a call to housing keeping and they were able to strap the beds together. Not ideal but solved the issue. The room terrace was completely overlooked on all four sides and never go more than 1 hr of daylight on it all day making the terrace a waste of space since it was so uninviting and made the room very dull. The room itself was very small, even by city standards. Due to the beige, white, cream and grey colour scheme and little outside natural light,the room seemed very drab. Not helped by poor laminate flooring. No Soft carpets which at this price and star rating are a must. The bathroom was again small, but neatly fitted, however the shower suffered from poor water pressure.

The pictures you see of the bar (empty) are just like that....Empty! I on every occasion when needing service had to go to reception to get some to serve me as there was nobody on the bar. This could take between 15 to 20 mins to get served. The bar area its self is hardly a bar, in reality its a just a narrow corridor from the reception to restaurant. Very small with a few seats and completely uninviting and lacking in any character. In my four days there I only observed 2 other couples wait to get served and have a drink in the bar. During our stay the we had good weather, so on one occasion we decided to take lunch outside by the pool terrace. We ordered at the bar (It took 20 minutes to get served). We then waited for 1hr and 30 mins to for lunch to arrive. The service really was appalling on all occasions I tried to order anything. The only reason I can think nobody has mentioned this in reviews before is because nobody actually spends any time in the small public areas or restaurant. Most people I think must go out into the city exploring or just got fed up of waiting and went to bars / restaurants nearby. That's all great and fine, but here's my point. You don't need to pay the price for this hotel (Its not cheap), if you're not going to spend any time in the place due to sterile ambiance and extremely poor service. There are plenty of 3 star hotels around at half the price.

I am really struggling to find anything to recommend about about this hotel. The location is good, however there are better located 4 star hotels in La Rambles offering better facilities for less money. (I know because that's where we ended up going most evenings). In summary, Poor service, small rooms, no ambiance. All adding up to poor value.

Room Tip: Don't waste money on a terrace upgrade. You just won't use it. Infact for this money stay at the 5 star Claris Hotel just up the road.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank MaxFatta

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your comments in Trip Advisor and I regret your bad experience. I would like you contact to me in order to give you personally my apologizes.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The metro is right across the street. The location is also walking distance to la Ramblas and it's actually a beautiful hotel. The staff were incredible. I mentioned prior to booking that it was my husband's birthday and there was a chilled bottle of champagne waiting for us (COMPLIMENTARY)! I loved the shower which was super hot and had a waterfall shower head and a handheld shower head. The pool area was clean and quiet. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: ask for a terrace room. worth it!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nsdawgs
Rafael T, Gerente at Hotel Catalonia Passeig de Gracia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear guest,
I am very happy to hear that your stayed with us was fine and I hope see you again soon.
Best regards,