“Lovely food, great ambience and smooth service”
Review of Loria - CLOSED

Loria
Price range: US$20 - US$37
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Lovely restaurant with a great selection of food and wines. The decor was very well done and the staff run a very friendly and smooth service.

If you are into wine, they have a large catalogue of very good wines on offer both to take with you and to enjoy with your meal.

The tables outside are great for the summer period, but it is a busy street and the traffic noise can be a distraction. So, we dined inside. The tables are not huge and you get to sit near other tables. We had a noise couple of ladies next to us and we could hear them more than us (not the restaurant's fault, of couse!).

Food was excellent. The starters consisted of cheese table was delicious and came with an excellent garnished of aniseed pineapple, quince and raspberry jam (the yums!). We had a lovely "pa amb tomaca" (tomato bread) and delicious "patates braves" (not-very spicy potatoes). All fully recommended.

If you are into red meat, the serrano ham and tomato bread table looks delicious and the serrano ham croquettes were really appealing.

For mains we had fried octopus and a deliciously simple pasta dish. Both cooked to perfection.

All helped with a lovely house wine chosen by the restaurant staff for us.

Fully recommended.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The restaurant is small with a modern style décor. The service was very good and the waiter was very pleasant and made good recommendations. The bread with tomatoes was very good (the quality of the bread was excellent and tomatoes had a nice flavor as well. Next the camembert truffle honey fondue was outstand. Prawns in crispy won ton wrappers served with basil mayonnaise was excellent. The mushroom risotto was probably the best I have had and the Dessert of almond crumbles, raspberry and marscapone was simply over the top. Reasonably priced as well as excellent. We highly recommend it.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The place is actually quite attractive at first glance... Decoration is ok, the food as well, the problem is that the place is... a scam.

As there is no wine list with prices, you have to choose the wines on the shelves - which I did. The price was clearly indicated on a tag attached to the bottle, which the waiter then removed when bringing the bottle to the table.

When the bill came, the price of the bottle had simply... doubled. When I asked to see the little tag, the waiter mumbled some excuse and I then realized that I was talking to... a thief.

Had I been local I would certainly have called the police - but unfortunately I do not speak spanish.

1  Thank Marc H
RestaurantLoria, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Loria, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Hello Mr. Mark,

Unfortunely we are disappointed with your comment.

First of all, I'm going to explain our wines price system and our way to procede to a wine's retreat : We have 2 different prices in the wine's tag. The first one "bodega" shows the costumer the price to take away. The second one shows the price of the bottle when you drink it on the table.
When we take off a wine from our catalogue, we take off the tag aswell. That's the way to procure the costumer not asking for that wine.

We served you carefully and when I started to explain our wines showcase you instantly refused to continue listening. After that, you selected Legaris Crianza, a wine that has better quality than Legaris Roble.

After calling me to bring you the bill, you asked for explanations, cause you were disappointed with that price. I started to explain you the reasons: the first one was the price of "bodega" and is not the same of the "talbe" one; that's why we show the difference between the two prices on the tag. The second one was showing you the price of Legaris Crianza and Legaris Roble. After that, you kept on refusing explanations saying: "It's okay. No problem. It's okay." Now I'm so surprised cause you call me a thief in a webpage cause I was looking for the tag I retired previously, cause was the last bottle we had after the wines sell. And you Strike out my restaurant of scam.

Our costumers, including the foreigners, leave comments to Trip Advisor commending our idea to sell the wines.

We are working hard to grow up as a restaurant, to upgrade our skills of selling and to offer to our costumers the best service and attention quality. This coward comments, obviously, don't help us. But I'm sure we can change the point of view of the people who read them and then come to our restaurant.

Best regards,

Noel Fraire
Director of Communication and Public Relations.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We dined at Loria the last night of our week stay in Barcelona.
The food was cooked perfectly, served in creative ways and the service was great. I would recommend a reservation as they get quite busy for dinner. As a final note. The Sangria was exceptional.

1  Thank Goodhumord1
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Found restaurant by coincident and what a hot spot.
Interior, modern, rustic. Excellent service and lovely food served in an experimental way.
Staff was incredibly friendly and know their way around to recommend a perfect choice of Catalan dishes to share, accompanied with matching wine.
Cant't wait to get back to Barcelona and another visit at Loria.