“first time review ever after more than 500 nights in hotels.”

H10 Urquinaona Plaza
Ranked #35 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I just checked in. The shock when I saw the room was monumental.

They are charging me over 500 euros a night for a room that is worth less than 100. Yes, I know it is MWC in Barcelona, but still!

Upon opening the door of the room you find the faucet... yep. faucet is not in the bathroom. When you open the bathroom door you see a claustrophobic tiny place that makes you wonder how an architect could be so poor in designing a room. No windows of any kind for the bathroom, of course. That would be a lot to ask for.

The actual cupboard for the clothes is even smaller. Lucky I am here in business and not for pleasure and my wife is not with me.

After more than 500 nights in hotels, in terms of value for money, I believe this is the worst place I have ever been. I was really misled but the comments in Trip Advisor on this one. Are they referring to the same place? Oh my god!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank alfonso v
Comercial_HUP, Director Comercial at H10 Urquinaona Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Alfonso V,

First of all thank you for considering the H10 Urquinaona Plaza Hotel for your stay in Barcelona.

We are deeply sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was not as you expected.

Our maximum goal is to get our guest's satisfaction.

We keep working every day to improve our service as it is proved in all of our previous comments.

Thank you for the time used in writing your personal feedback.

Meri Ferrando
Sales Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,289)

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I was a solo traveler and booked their single room, stayed for four nights. Great value for money, location was conveniently located, interior was beautiful, room was comfortable and clean, great staffing, loved the business centre, free wifi; didn't try their breakfast. Will definitely come and stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dominiqli
Comercial_HUP, Director Comercial at H10 Urquinaona Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear dominiqli,

We would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Hotel for your comments. These type of reviews allow us to improve our service every day. We work to provide incredible stays to our guests!!

We are looking forward to see you soon at the H10 Urquinaona Plaza Hotel.

Meri Ferrando
Sales Manager

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I visited here with my girlfriend for our anniversary which also coincided with my birthday.
It was a surprise for my girlfriend.

Everything about this stay was perfect. The staff did treat us amazingly and gave us a nice little surprise when we checked in, which we are extremely grateful for! I'd like to thank Anna Gaspar. She made us feel really welcome and gave us a great start to our trip in Barcelona.

The hotel is great. Close to La Rambla but not to close to be in the middle of the hectic times. Right outside is the metro, which is handy as you can get to pretty much anywhere in Barcelona.

Overall we give this hotel a 12/10. It was my 3rd time in Barcelona and 3rd different hotel. I will return to Barcelona as I love the
city! I will return to this hotel without a doubt.

Thank you.

Regards,

Arron & Jana

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in February, using a living social deal which made it great value for money!! A glass of cava on arrival was a nice touch! Our room was on the 4th floor (we didn't hear any noise from outside) we stayed in a superior double it was clean, modern with a big balcony! Breakfast was good with lots of choice to suit everyone's needs. All the staff were very nice and helpful, especially on reception spoke brilliant English and answered any questions we had. I would definitely stay here again, brilliant city hotel and within walking distance to most of the tourist attractions.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sophbush
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Fantastic hotel , close to all transport links for exploring this amazing city. Stayed here in September for a week end with my mother. All the staff were wonderful and the welcoming champers was a real treat. Breakfast was fantastic with a good variety. Would definitely stay here again-

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Cazza3O
Reviewed 2 February 2014

- Location is very central:
- 3 minutes walk from the Aerobus stop (from/to Barcelona airport)
- 3 minutes walk to La Rambla - Plaza Cataluña / Passeig Gracia
- Metro just in front of the hotel
- close to all shops/restaurants

- Room:
- welcoming Cava bottle at our arrival
- decent size, very clean and modern (40 inch flat screen, WLAN works perfectly)
- Nespresso machines + capsules refilled everyday
- safety box is pretty big which is good
- Our room was on the 2nd floor, we ineed can hear the metro running under the hotel, but noise-level is perfectly acceptable, we could sleep without any problem (rooms in higher floors might be quieter)
- excellent bed/mattress: we slept very well.

- Large international breakfast with all cold/warm stuffs you can expect (eggs, sausages, ham, fruits, milk products, etc...)

- The terrace on the 6th floor must be very pleassant during summer (with a small outdoor pool) to sip a drink.

- Staff:
- young, dynamic, nice and helpful
- speaks English perfectly

We got a fairly good offer through a partner website. We chose this hotel mainly because of its central location, and overall it is a very nice and modern hotel.
We'll surely stay here again at our next visit of Barcelona.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kim_8000
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We went as a couple in early December and the hotel is in a great location with central Barcelona within easy walking distance. Then check in was easy and you got the option of a free glass of fruit juice or cava. The hotel is newly fitted and it is very chic and the outside garden area is really nice considering this must have been a courtyard in the past. The rooms are really nice and whilst it is unusual to have the sink in the room rather than the bathroom this was not a major problem.

The staff are very polite and helpful and the bar service was good and the prices are very reasonable for a hotel bar. The hotel is near an underground station but whilst you can hear the odd train rumble underneath this did not disturb our sleep.

There is an upstairs pool with seating and loungers which would be very nice in the warmer months.

The location is about 2 minutes walk from Plaza de Catalunya which, besides being the centre of the city, is also the stop for the main tourist buses but also for the bus transport to and from the airport. The time from landing, picking up baggage, paying for the bus ticket and travelling to the city centre and walking to the hotel, only took one hour.

I would stay here again and would definitely recommend this hotel for a variety of reasons.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple