“Clean Hotel with kind stuff”

H10 Urquinaona Plaza Hotel
Ranked #33 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Everything was nice, except that my room was at the 1st floor with street view, ut was little bit noisy. Also the underground trains was shaking the building sometimes! But overall impresion is very good.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank _TheKiksik_
Comercial_HUP, Director Comercial at H10 Urquinaona Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear _TheKiksik_,

Thank you for sharing with us and with our future guests, your comments about the H10 Urquinaona Plaza.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you again!

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for H10 Urquinaona Plaza Hotel

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Fist of all, I must say, my review is related to the Superior room with Terrace. I saw also the basic room and it was really tiny (with a bathroom sink inside the room) - I didn't like it at all. So, I strongly advise to pay more the Superior option.

The hotel overall looked nice and modern, and had been refurbished not long before my stay. It was well located in Sant Pere district, if I am not mistaken, being a good base for exploring all main attractions of Barcelona. The environment around the hotel had nothing special in it but was convenient from the location and logistical point of view. You may easily reach the hotel by bus directly from the airport (30-40 min). You can very conveniently use metro (Urquinaona station). It was also a walking distance to all the main attractions of the city (including Las Ramblas - within 5 minutes reach).

The room was pretty big with nicely preserved original wooden coffered ceiling, which added a lot of charm to the place. The terrace was also nice with good quality furniture on which you could lay down and relax of have a morning team or coffee. The view however, was nothing special as the room was looking into the backyard. The bed was large and comfortable for a couple with plenty of pillows, should you need more than one. It wouldn't harm to put more shelves and hangers into the storage room / wardrobe as there was not much space to fully unpack two suitcases. Nice wooden floor was another clear plus of the place.

One of the main areas, which I didn't like about my room though was the bathroom or the way it was separated from the bedroom. Having just a thin glassy wall between the two, which was only slightly fumed was really annoying. Perhaps it looks trendy for some architects but it is really inconvenient and not giving you enough privacy, which you would expect, when you alone in the bathroom. We managed that by leaving each other before of after breakfasts but this is not something you normally expect to do in this category of accommodation.

On the contrary, the breakfast was good value for money, quite tasty with good espresso or cappuccino coffee included in the price. I would also strongly recommend to spend some time on the roof terrace. What's a view! You can enjoy the sun they spoiling yourself by doing nothing on the sun beds. There was also a tiny pool on the roof, which I did not try (November).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel as a good value for money choice for leisure travellers mainly. Not much for business.

Room Tip: Superior rooms with terrace are much nicer choice. Rooms looking into the backyard are much more qui...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mahogany1971
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I just came out of this H10 and this has been one of the worst experiences I had in a hotel. Beyond that the charged 900 euro (!!) (without breakfast) for this room, the hotel is also not worth the normal rate of 200 Euro
My key complaints
1) Very Very small rooms, you can literally not store your suitcase, akward there is no sink in the bathroom, it is in the middle of the room. Also rooms are very dark
2) There is no doorman etc., so if you need a Taxi you are on your own. Also if you arrive with a lot of bags there is no help
3) No early check in (even for 900 Euro) .. I arrived around 11:00 and I was told I can only get my room @ 15:00
4) No service, from helping with my bags to restocked my used coffee in my room ...

On the plus side, the location was nice, and the breakfast was OK for the 15 euro they charged

Room Tip: Higher up in the building and with an outside facing room otherwise very very dark
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Ferry G
Comercial_HUP, Director Comercial at H10 Urquinaona Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Ferry G,

Thank you for choosing our Hotel for your stay in Barcelona.

We appreciate the time dedicated to share your impression of our hotel.

We would like to apologize if your stay at the hotel was not what expected.

We have taken note about your comments as we wish to provide incredible stays to our guests.

We will keep working in this way, since our work is rewarded by the satisfaction of our customers.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I just checked in. The shock when I saw the room was monumental.

They are charging me over 500 euros a night for a room that is worth less than 100. Yes, I know it is MWC in Barcelona, but still!

Upon opening the door of the room you find the faucet... yep. faucet is not in the bathroom. When you open the bathroom door you see a claustrophobic tiny place that makes you wonder how an architect could be so poor in designing a room. No windows of any kind for the bathroom, of course. That would be a lot to ask for.

The actual cupboard for the clothes is even smaller. Lucky I am here in business and not for pleasure and my wife is not with me.

After more than 500 nights in hotels, in terms of value for money, I believe this is the worst place I have ever been. I was really misled but the comments in Trip Advisor on this one. Are they referring to the same place? Oh my god!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank alfonso v

Dear Alfonso V,

First of all thank you for considering the H10 Urquinaona Plaza Hotel for your stay in Barcelona.

We are deeply sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was not as you expected.

Our maximum goal is to get our guest's satisfaction.

We keep working every day to improve our service as it is proved in all of our previous comments.

Thank you for the time used in writing your personal feedback.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I was a solo traveler and booked their single room, stayed for four nights. Great value for money, location was conveniently located, interior was beautiful, room was comfortable and clean, great staffing, loved the business centre, free wifi; didn't try their breakfast. Will definitely come and stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dominiqli
Comercial_HUP, Director Comercial at H10 Urquinaona Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear dominiqli,

We would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Hotel for your comments. These type of reviews allow us to improve our service every day. We work to provide incredible stays to our guests!!

We are looking forward to see you soon at the H10 Urquinaona Plaza Hotel.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I visited here with my girlfriend for our anniversary which also coincided with my birthday.
It was a surprise for my girlfriend.

Everything about this stay was perfect. The staff did treat us amazingly and gave us a nice little surprise when we checked in, which we are extremely grateful for! I'd like to thank Anna Gaspar. She made us feel really welcome and gave us a great start to our trip in Barcelona.

The hotel is great. Close to La Rambla but not to close to be in the middle of the hectic times. Right outside is the metro, which is handy as you can get to pretty much anywhere in Barcelona.

Overall we give this hotel a 12/10. It was my 3rd time in Barcelona and 3rd different hotel. I will return to Barcelona as I love the
city! I will return to this hotel without a doubt.

Thank you.

Regards,

Arron & Jana

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in February, using a living social deal which made it great value for money!! A glass of cava on arrival was a nice touch! Our room was on the 4th floor (we didn't hear any noise from outside) we stayed in a superior double it was clean, modern with a big balcony! Breakfast was good with lots of choice to suit everyone's needs. All the staff were very nice and helpful, especially on reception spoke brilliant English and answered any questions we had. I would definitely stay here again, brilliant city hotel and within walking distance to most of the tourist attractions.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple