1,429 results
All reviews plunge pool on arrival nespresso machine bottle of cava welcome drink superior room perfect location modern hotel roof terrace city break fantastic hotel gothic quarter glass door visiting barcelona small room la rambla fantastic stay
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Ideal location In barcelona to walk around easily (close to all great area: paseo de gracia, barrio gothico...) The hotekl is newly refurshed, great boutique hotel in city center. nice bar on the rooftop (nice mojito...) and a small swimming pool, anough just to relax and get refreshed in summer. Rooms at the back probably quiet compare to the front but both seem nice. We were at the front with a balcony. A public car park is just located nearby and was recommended by the hotel. Good rates for one week. Nice location to stay with a very good value for money.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sabi_nice
Reviewed 24 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here twice recently, for 2 nights at the start of our Spanish holiday, for 1 night at the end. The average score is exactly that, an average of one very good stay, one poor stay. Starting on our first 2 nights. Arrived (Friday afternoon) to great front of house service from Reception and Concierge, with a complimentary glass of cava on arrival. Allocated room 110. Lovely big room, clean, all of the facilities needed and a large balcony with comfy sofa, etc, overlooking a central courtyard. As we were busy we didn't use any other services on this occasion, but we slept well and loved the room. On departure again both Reception and Concierge helpful. All good. We arrived back the following Saturday. No Concierge, a busy Reception area and 1 person working on Reception. The Receptionist couldn't find our Reservation and didn't seem to be able to do anything about it. There was no Management presence and no-one to help him. It took about 20 minutes for him to check us in, with us getting frustrated having got up early to travel from Canet de Mar to enjoy our last day in full, and everyone else behind us getting frustrated as the queue grew. To be fair it was a human error, these do happen. The room wasn't ready so we went out for the day and left him with our luggage. When we got back we had been allocated room 104. Again a big room, clean and all of the facilities required. No balcony this time but we wouldn't have had time to enjoy so it didn't matter. I looked out of the window to see we were at the front of the hotel and only maybe 5 metres from ground level, add to that a bus stop being in the middle of the window view and I was worried. Anyway, last day of holiday and all, so we went up to try the pool area, a lovely facility in the middle of the City which cooled us off exactly as aimed, I would say it is a very small area so it will get very crowded. Later we went out for dinner, then came back and went to bed around 11.00pm as we were aware that we had an early start to get our flight the following morning. It was at this point we realised we had a terrible room. The Metro must go directly under the room, or very close to it, leaving the room feeling like it was shaking/vibrating (I am sure it wasn't actually shaking but the loud noise gave that impression), once the Metro had stopped for the night all we heard were people (many drunk) walking past the hotel shouting/singing etc, then when they had all gone to bed came the bus stop noise. The last night of our holiday we spent with hardly any sleep. We went for breakfast before leaving on the Sunday morning, and whilst I would say the service wasn't great the food on display was very high quality and an excellent range, highly recommended. Upon check out my husband told the Receptionist that we hadn't slept and the only response he got was 'Oh, was it because of the Metro?', therefore confirming that the hotel are fully aware of the noise issues, but still happy to sell the room for people to 'sleep' in. The Receptionist just said 'sorry'. Not really good enough when we paid 150 euro's for a nights sleep, and not had any! We left, heading home at the end of our holiday feeling exhausted. I wouldn't stay again out of principal, they shouldn't sell rooms that you cannot sleep in, and then show a lack of interest when you say you didn't enjoy your stay. Sleep is a basic expectation from a hotel.

Room Tip: Room 110 highly recommended, unless you are a very heavy sleeper or take sleeping tablets do not stay in room 104.
3  Thank Samantha032
Comercial_HUP, Director Comercial at H10 Urquinaona Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Samantha032,

Thank you so much for the time used in writing your comments. We really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot for the nice description. We are so glad to know you had a very nice stay with us on your first stay in our Hotel.

And we want to apologize for all the inconveniences caused during your second stay.

I can assure you that we have noted all the details you have commented and we will do our best to solve all the issues.

Thank you once again and best wishes from Barcelona!

Meri Ferrando
Sales Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I really wanted to give this hotel a 5 out of 5 review because the hotel was so nice but I had it a 4 out of 5 because of my experience.

My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights. The staff was nice, the hotel was clean, and our room was a good size. The location was great and seemed to have a lot going on around it. The issue I had was that while I was trying to fall asleep one night someone opened the door to our room with a keycard and started to let themselves in. I yelled and they apologized and left. I called the front desk and they apologized because they gave another guest a key to our room instead of the correct key. After that I realized the bolt lock to our room did not work either. I went down to talk to the front desk. I had to go back down again to the front desk because my key no longer worked. It was all in the middle of the night so I was really frustrated and did not sleep much that night. The hotel fixed the lock the next day and left a bottle of champagne in our room for us for the trouble.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2014

After tireless research on Barcelona hotels we stumbled across the H10 Urquinaona Plaza hotel on Voyage Prive, and received a great deal with breakfast and a free bottle of cava. Even without these perks the hotel was still spot on, from the fantastic location right by Placa Catalunya and a sort stroll from Baria Gothic, to the cool interior and roof top terrace.

We had a double room with a small terrace which was nice to sit out on after a long days sight seeing, but we also enjoyed a cocktail or 2 on the roof terrace (although we didn't brave the plunge pool).

I would definitely recommend the hotel and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My partner brought me here for a surprise weekend away to celebrate my 50th birthday. What an amazing surprise! The Hotel has a lovely modern feel about it and is very well situated to explore the sights of Barcelona. Our room was spacious with a huge bed and air conditioning! The staff were very friendly and helpful - a complimentary glass of bubbly as we checked in was a pleasant surprise. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family.