“Barcelona Rainbow Tours is Top Notch” 5 of 5 bubbles

Gay-Friendly Gaudi Private Walking Tour with Skip the Line Sagrada Familia
Ranked #51 of 526 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The very first private tour company for the LGBT community lands in Barcelona. Discover this magical city with our local guides and enjoy a more seductive Barcelona and Sitges along with the exciting gay and lesbian nightlife. Choose one of our tours carefully designed for you and experience an unforgettable journey.The tours are available in several languages. Our team is ready for you! Of course everyone is welcome, we are heterofriendly ;-)
Redding, CT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Barcelona Rainbow Tours is Top Notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Just got back from an 11 day trip to Barcelona and Sitges. My husband and I were with another gay couple. I had been communicating with another tour group in Spain, but when I asked if we can have a gay or gay friendly tour guide, the other company went silent. I then googled gay tour Barcelona and found Rainbow Barcelona Tours. I read all prior reviews I could find and after many emails, decided to go with them. They put together a draft of an itinerary for a PRIVATE, 4 person tour, we made changes and loved their accommodating attitude. Not speaking Spanish or having been to Spain, we wanted to avoid issues with transfers and tours. Rainbow Barcelona was top notch. They met us at the airport, transferred us to our hotel. We had not planned on any tours the first day, but they spent an hour with us with maps and pointed out a couple nearby restaurants and bar recommendations. We tried the restaurants - they were amazing.

The next day we did a 5 hour tour starting with the Sagrada Familia. Rainbow Tours had tickets for a defined entry time so we walked right past the lines - and they were long. We were at the church for about 2 hours. Rainbow Tours gave an overview of the church including Gaudi and construction over the last 100 years. They pointed out many things and the relevance on the facade as well as all over inside the church we would never have known.

We then took a train to another part of the city and began a downhill walking tour of Barcelona down to the gothic quarter. While we could have taken a relaxing bus tour, we got so much more from a walking tour. Because we were a small group of 4, we were able to visit shops, stop for a drink and constantly adjust the tour. Barcelona Tours was extremely accommodating.

Rainbow Tours took us on their evening Magic Fountain and bar tour. At the fountains, we found a place to sit on steps, they brought bottles of cava (Spanish champagne) and enjoyed the sights. Was a bit like the Las Vegas Bellagio fountains except we had a place to sit, relax, and enjoy the sights. We then went on to visit a few gay bars and clubs that we would not have otherwise found.

Rainbow Tours then transferred us to Sitges. They helped with luggage, waited while we checked in and then took us on a 2 hour tour of Sitges. When they left us back at the hotel we were well situated for the balance of our stay.

I highly recommend Rainbow Barcelona Tours. They are a young, energetic, friendly, knowledgeable team and speak English very well. They were not expensive especially considering we were a 4 person PRIVATE tour. My guess is they have little overhead and are able to offer tours, transfers economically.

PS - if they recommend a restaurant, go to it.

Visited June 2014

New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best way to see Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I found Rainbow Barcelona Tours on line and was so glad I did. In addition to picking me up at the airport, which made my arrival in Barcelona easy, I scheduled a 4 hour walking tour. My tour guide, Eloi, could not have been better. I told him what I had already seen and he planed the tour around this. He was fun and very informative and could not have made the experience more enjoyable. He also left time at the end of the tour to show me recommended restaurants and night life around my hotel. I strongly recommend to anyone visiting Barcelona to take advantage of the company. They really set the tone in making my trip to Barcelona one of the best trips ever.

Visited May 2014
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Trip Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The team from Rainbow Barcelona Tours made my recent visit the best I have ever had. I am a veteran traveler and a veteran of Barcelona - this was at least my 10th time there - so I had a difficult request: show me things that no one knows about; help me practice my spanish; and fill 9 hours. Well, Alex, Marc and Eloi more than achieved the task. These are committed; knowledgeable; reliable; and very nice guys. I saw new cultural gems; learned more of the history and social realities of Catalonia; and brushed up on my Spanish. Though, I must say that their English is much, much better than my Spanish! I will certainly see them on my next trip and can provide an unreserved recommendation.

Visited April 2014
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“The best way to gogay in Barcelona!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I can NOT say enough about Rainbow Barcelona Tours. I went in March, traveling as a single guy and it was enormously helpful. They make it so easy for someone with no plan to get all the information they need to have an amazing time. Of all the amazing things that I enjoyed in Barcelona, almost everything was as a result of this one simple reservation with these guys.

From the minute I landed in Barcelona, it became apparent that the money I was going to spend on the tour was well worth it. I ended up waiting for my bag longer than expected and received a call from Eloi and the transfer service making sure I was ok. When I finally made it out with my bag the cutest guy was there to pick me up. He even ended up getting a parking ticket because he had come in to find me! (sorry Eloi!) The ride in to the city was totally pleasant and I got the download on everything I needed to know. He gave me GREAT food and activity recs and just really gave this Texan a Texan style welcome - in Spain!

Then the night tour was absolutely the most perfect way to find out about the scene in the city. A super nice guy picked me up, asked me what kind of places I liked, and then crafted an evening around me. I didn't have to even ay attention to where we were going or how to get where. He just took care of everything. I had the BEST time.

I have told many people about this experience and I truly hope my other gay friends take advantage of this tour company because they are great people with a great idea and they really go the extra mile to make sure you have an amazing visit to Barcelona.

Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“Best way to see a city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I discovered Rainbow Tours quite by accident, and almost too late, but I'm glad I did. Getting to spend only a few days in a city as exciting and varied as Barcelona can be overwhelming, especially if you are a person like me, who thinks he has to see everything the very first time. After doing the usual tourist bus tours to figure out what interested me most, I wanted more in depth time with some of the specific locations.

The completely charming and insanely knowledgeable Elio gave me a terrific tour in the morning of Montjuic, along with the Olympic Stadium and the exhibition buildings, then an afternoon tour of Sagrada Familia. The great thing about having someone so truly excited to show off his city for others is that there is no set agenda. If I tossed in a political question, Elio had the opinions and information to provide a two-sided argument.

This was the first tour I have done like this where I felt like a friend was taking me around, rather than a bored tour guide who has gone over this information six zillion times. Since I'm not a nighttime person, I did not benefit from all of the information Elio had for someone who is, but he marked a map with everything I could possibly do that night in case I wanted to. There was not a question too mundane, a tip too touristy, a suggestion too loony that Elio, and his coworkers, could not answer with a big smile and excitement.

No question, when I return to Barcelona, it will be Rainbow Tours to whom I reach out to see the city again.

Visited March 2014