“Nice people, nice atmosphere, and good food!”
Review of aQistoi

aQistoi
Ranked #124 of 10,483 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$6 - US$31
Cuisines: Spanish, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Description: Bar cafeteria, where you can taste delicious Argentine empanadas, varied tapas and as novelty our new ice cream artisans. Apart from all this you can come and enjoy our vintage atmosphere by drinking a rich tea, a coffee or a cocktail.
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We liked this place a lot. One of the owners explained to us that they want to create an atmosphere similar to sitting in a friends family room while listening to good music and talking with friends – and they do a pretty good job of doing that! It was funny in that at one time during our visit, the noise level got a little loud and he very politely called everyone’s attention and asked that we lower the decibels. I thought that was great! The lower level of chatter really made the experience much nicer.
The food is all tapas and we shared five between the two of us, along with a bottle of wine. Our favorites were the spicy potatoes, …. The wine was very good and not expensive. We spent about 50 Euros for dinner, dissert and wine. A good deal and a very pleasant evening.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Perfect for eating breakfast or grabbing a quick and reasonable lunch. Food was delicious and the owner very friendly and relaxed.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Have just got back from eating at aQistoi and haven't got a negative word to say.
Tasty homemade food. We tried 4 empanadas which were all great. Any with cheese in them were especially good.
Me and my fiancée also shared a salad which I would highly recommend. Fresh, loads of flavour and beautifully presented.
We then shared goats cheese, honey and nut baguette which was a very generous portion. My fiancée said she was full but it was too good to leave so cleaned her plate.

The best bit about it was the host and atmosphere though. Very friendly and he made you feel like a friend before you left. I sometimes find some hosts a bit too much but the lovely man at aQistoi was a gentleman.

Great value for money as well. Can't put a price on a friendly atmosphere though.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stranded in Barcelona due to flight cancelled for one more night, I realized that my B&B was just in front on this place I had previously saved. The cafe is super cool, great hype. Good choice of Spirits, small offer of selected food to eat, nice vibe and fantastic hosts. If you are in Barcelona, having good time and enjoying the night life, and you are looking for a chill-out night in a stylish place while drinking something good, with low volume fab music, having a chat while eating some really special bites , that's a place to be. I loved it, it made my day right. And the salad is great.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Went here for dinner one night and got several empanadas and a potato dish. The empanadas were fantastic, they are homemade and you must try the chicken and plum variety. The mushroom one was also excellent. The potato dish ( which is supposedly their signature dish) was good but didn't live up to expectations, it was actually quite bland. I would go here again but only for the empanadas.