“DIRTY ROOM, TERRIBLE HOUSECLEANING”

Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia
Ranked #85 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
ireland
“DIRTY ROOM, TERRIBLE HOUSECLEANING”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The housekeeping in this hotel was just awful. And it's the memory of that that's what I take away from my stay and that's a real shame for the hotel and the rest of the staff.
There was food gunk on the bathroom wall left from a previous occupant that wasn't cleaned off and that stayed on the walls during our entire 3 day stay.

When w e arrived, the main mirror in the bathroom was absolutely filthy and had to clean it myself.

The bed had a throw over it and a couple of ornamental cushions...all of which were disgustingly stained with many, many stains on them. I took them off and left them outside my door as I didn't want the terrible cleaning staff to just put them back on the bed/
Annd on pulling back the covers, I had to pick off a number of black hairs! Yeuch!

In fact, I kep finding long hairs every day throughout the stay. In the bath, in the shower, in the sink, on the units and as neither I nor my wife have long hair, it's safe to say they didn't belong to us.

The lampshades were stained and the staff didn't even bother to properly wash cups and saucers we had used and they were left sitting for us still marked with drinks and marks from the previous day.

So, if you found all that, you wouldn't be happy either.
The staff at reception were all very nice and helpful...but it doesn't matter as the cleaning staff negate any good anyone else does.

I would absolutely not recommend staying here as there are so many other hotels to choose from.
And my advise to the hotel is to either retrain or get ride of the cleaning staff as they're not doing their job and are runing the customer experience.

Also, their is no proper door in the toilet room (which is separate from the bathroom) and the bathroom looks onto the bedroom via a giant window, so if you don't want whoever you are in the room with to hear whatever you're doing in the toilet and to see everything you're doing in the bathroom, I'd stay elsewhere

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Pepe F, Director General at Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear customer,

On behalf of the entire team who make up the Royal Passeig de Gracia Hotel I want to thank you for your time to send us your comments about your stay with us.

Thanks to feedback from our customers, allows us to improve every day and provide a memorable stay to all of them.

I deeply regret that I have this memory of your stay in our hotel and that you notify us through Tripadvisor after your stay has ended, as if we had been informed during your stay we would have been able to help in solving the issues that we discussed.

We would appreciate that we could offer a second chance to have a better memory of your stay in the Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia and to help you have a perfect stay with us.

To return to Barcelona, do not hesitate to contact me again and will attend you in everything you need.

Yours faithfully;

Manager Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I actually stayed at this hotel at the end of august for 5 nights with my 11 year old sons. The hotel is located on the Passeig de Gracia which is a huge street with all the designer shops on it. It was like 2 apartment buildings next to the La Pedrera. You can walk to many restaurants. You can take the metro anywhere which is very close to the hotel. I had my children with me so the location was perfect. We even went to the Port Aventura one day. It's like a small disney. We took the train from the Passeig de Gracia train station it was like an hour and stepped off right in front of the Port Aventura. The kids loved it. We loved our room it was a family room 401 and 402 connected. Clean, huge and very modern. There was lots of space. We always ate out so I can't comment on the food. There was a Dunkin Donuts on La Ramblas and a Starbucks across the street and a small place right next to the hotel with sandwiches so we even had our breakfast out. I loved Barcelona and certainly this hotel was in the best place on the best Street. Hope to go back again one day!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Diego0
Pepe F, Director General at Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Mr. Diogo,

On behalf of the entire team Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia we want to say thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel.

It is a pleasure for the whole team that our daily work is reflected in making our guests to enjoy a pleasant stay in our hotel. As you mentioned in your review our hotel It is located at walking distance of the main train station, from when you can take the fast train to Port Aventura and enjoy a beautiful day with your family.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in again, if you want to return to Barcelona.

Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Spent three nights at this hotel and could not have been treated better. Front desk offered a $50 upgraded room which we accepted. It did include breakfast which was excellent. We also were allowed to check in early. We disembarked from our cruise at 0800. Centrally located and the front desk receptionist even helped us procure entry tix for Sagrada Familia. Would definately would stay again. Loved Barcelona

Room Tip: We upgraded to a top floor room with a balcony. Streetside, excellent view, no noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jman2160
Pepe F, Director General at Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest;

Good to know that your stay thanks to the work of the entire team of the Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia could not be better to offer you a pleasant and wonderful stay in Barcelona.

We are happy to help you to satisfy all your needs and have helped to have a perfect stay with us during your stay in Barcelona.

To return to the city, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely;

Mogadishu, Somalia
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We were at this hotel in February and we spent two wonderful nights there. The bed was very comfort and the shower very spacious and interesting...
The staff was very helpful. They did us an upgrade of the room without any extra payment and they also helped us to do all necessary reservations like Flamenco shows ect.
Unfortunately the tarace wasn't open at this period and we hadn't the opportunity to enjoy the view and the sun of Barcelona from there.

But I can say that this vacations in Barcelona were the best, and part of that was also this comfortable Hotel...

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Pepe F, Director General at Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Dear Customer:

On behalf of the entire team of Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, I want to convey our sincere thanks for taking your time and explain to all readers of Tripadvisor your expertise in our hotel during your stay in Barcelona.

These assessments help us to know that our daily efforts in each of ours departments they are reflected in customer satisfaction and above all help us to continue in improvements to offer all our customers the best experience in their stays in Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia.

If you desire to come back to Barcelona, please feel free contact with me again and I will help you in everything you need.

Best Regards.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I with my family stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Everything was perfect ; the hotel was very clean (which is most important for us); the furniture in the rooms was not worn out ;the beds were comfortable; the breakfast was delicious; all the staff was very helpful and spoke good English. It was situated on a very decent street at the center of the city .

If I go to Barcelona again, which I definitely hope to do, I will no doubt stay at this hotel.

I recommend everybody and thank the hotel manager and all the staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mr. Feza;

I would like to thank the comments you made about their stay at Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia.

The whole team is very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for your nice comment about our daily works in each departament.

Do not hesitate to contact me If you decide to return to Barcelona.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I booked this hotel last minute, when my flight was cancelled and had to fly to Barcelona instead of to my final destination and after calling several other hotels that were fully booked. I'm glad they were! This hotel is great. Rooms are spacious and fully equipped with smart TV, minibar, super comfy beds and all that you can ask for. The best part is the shower. I think it was the best shower I have had in ages!
Breakfast was varied and all delicious.
The staff were very nice and always went above and beyond to make me a happy guest. Water was cut due to some works they were doing in the street and although this was totally unrelated to the hotel, they offered to give me the keys to a room on the 1st floor (where water was working well) so that I could have a shower in the morning. Very thoughtful and nice of them :)
The location is of the best you can find in Barcelona. Next to La Pedrera, 10 minute walk to Las Ramblas...you can even see La Sagrada Familia rom the room window.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Pepe F, Director General at Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Customer,

On behalf of the entire team Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, we want to say thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel.

It is a pleasure for the whole team that our daily work is reflected in making our guests to enjoy a pleasant stay in Rour hotel.

Pepe Fuxà.
Manager hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia.
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This hotel is not good for young friends traveling together. I traveled with a friend for newyears and the hotel wasnt as expected.

Rooms: I was shocked when i saw that the shower opens up to the room there was a little door that covers nothing. I ran to the reception because it would be super awkward to shower while my friend in the room. The guy did excellent job and offered us an upgrade but we didnt take it because the rooms were worse. We ended up putting aluminum rap OURSELVES in the glass to cover and the problem was solved.

Location: good and relaxed location but not the best. The hotel is on one of the main streets but not THE main street. The main street is called La Rambla. Its nice surrounded by shopping stores and nice restaurants, but there is no life at night. We found ourselves taking taxies all the time to go to the port for activities or nightclubs by the beach. If you are young you might want to stay at La Rambla close to the port in winter and absolutely by the beach in the summer

Service: Very nice and professional staff no doubts about it, but the one of the outlets was broken and i told the front desk who said they will fix it but they never did. We had trouble charging our phones and cameras, one broken outlet does makes a difference. Room service was also not that good. She would only do the bed but no any extra efforts specially in cleaning the bathroom.

Breakfast was not good. Its true there was variety but absolutely not quality. Eggs were cold and not fresh.

Wifi was huge headache !!!! You must type your password every single time you wish to use the internet !!! so if you want to use your phone you have to put username and password every single time your screen locks. So save the username and password until you remember it from how many times you will have to enter it a day.

Room Tip: try to choose a room that has a little door if you are not traveling with your partner then put alum...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank AJutd
Pepe F, Director General at Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear Guest;

Thank you very much for your time and the comments you provided on Tripadvisor.

The information you provide us It would has been very helpful if we had knowed in your reservation or during your stay at the hotel to offer a room with a bath more privacy.

At the hotel, we have a variety of rooms and bathrooms to accommodate all the needs of our customers.

To return to Barcelona, ​​do not hesitate to contact me personally and will offer you a room according to your requests.

Thank you very much for your time and hope to see you again on your next visit to Barcelona.

Sincerely;