“Brilliant Hotel :)”

Ranked #83 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Hotel :)”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We have just returned from a five night stay here. Everything from the room, service and location was excellent. The rooms were modern, clean and the shower was exceptional (rainforest setting!); it was also much bigger than we anticipated and the automated black out blinds were a nice touch. We were pleasantly surprised to find a very good hairdryer, which we haven't often found in other hotels we've stayed in. Also, the smart TV was great.

Although the roof terrace was a tad expensive, the views were amazing and the staff were very friendly. The receptionists were also very helpful whenever we spoke to them; they recommended lovely restaurants and were always keen to assist. We couldn't praise them enough.

The only (very small) negatives were that the milk in the room wasn't replenished daily, although this was quickly dealt with by the reception staff, and the wifi needed to be reset every few days, but again, this was quickly dealt with by reception.

All in all, a brilliant hotel in which we will almost definitely return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Heather_and_LiamB
Pepe F, Director General at Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Ms. Heather;

On behalf of the entire team who make the Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, we want to thank you for your five night stay with us to visit the city of Barcelona.

The whole team welcomes your nice words about our daily work and we are delighted that our services have helped you to enjoy an unforgettable experience at the hotel.

To return to Barcelona, please do not hesitate to contact me again to help in any way you need.

Thank you very much for your feedback to improve, thanks to them we can improve each day and provide a memorable stay for all our guests.

Best Regards;

Manager Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

The opening hours of the hotel terrace are a joke and if it is important to have a drink after 10:30 then this is the wrong hotel. There r plenty of other hotels with very lively roof top bars don't take this one!

Bar tenders were swearing in Catalan at us when we left the roof bar on the last night of our vacation. David and caniganova or whatever the female name was should not be in the hospitality business they r a really strong reason to book a different hotel nobody wants to be offended in a hotel you pay for staying that is just wrong!

There r plenty of other hotels book them and avoid the trouble.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gerd W
Dear Mr. Gerd

I am very sorry to report that despite all our customers know that our bar timetable, in this month of June, is from Sunday to Wednesday from 15h to 23h and on weekends until 1am, and remind at your arrival to the terrace last Tuesday at 22h45 when the team was already collecting, but with the intention to provide a good service, they extended the schedule and ending the night bar service at 12 am with the only goal that you could enjoy the beautiful views of the city and a good cocktail with your friends, receive this comment as inappropriate way from the reality that our service offered.

Sorry again on behalf of the entire team that you had this hotel perception simply because the opening hours of the bar, which is advertised everywhere the hotel was not to your liking.

To return to the city and give us a new opportunity to offer our best service to have a good memory of us, please feel free to let me know and I will help you in anything you need.

Best regards.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My girlfriend brought me to barcelona for my 30th. It was my first time in barcelona and I had a great trip. I highly recommend this hotel, its in a lovely area of the city and well within walking distance of las ramblas, the seafront and multiple routes of the open top bus tour pass the front.

The roof bar is glorious if you get the weather and I found the staff extremely helpful. One in particular stood out as very helpful and even remembered it was my bday when we got her to book a meal on one of the nights, she sorted out a glass of complimentary champagne for us.its the little gestures.

The hotel itself is very clean and modern. I particulary enjoyed the rain effect showers in the bathrooms.

Room Tip: We upgraded to garden view, not worth it
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank colin h
Pepe F, Director General at Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Ms. Colin;

On behalf of the entire team Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, we want to say thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel.

It is a pleasure for the whole team that our daily work is reflected in making our guests to enjoy a pleasant stay in Rour hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in again, if you want to return to Barcelona.

Pepe Fuxà.
Manager hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia.
new york
Reviewed 4 June 2014

GOOD: location, it's on Passeig de Gracia, closer to Placa Catalunya, like a 10-15 min walk.

BAD: Everything else. Unfriendly reservation service, uncomfortable bedding/room, unpleasant all around experience from check in to early check out. Also there is construction around/in front of the hotel right now.

ALTERNATIVE: hmmmm....50 other hotels in the area, better use of your money. And i'd feel better if i didn't have to pay these crooks. Actually changed my stay based on two nights (vs original 5) and moved across the street to Del Comte (which was available last minute)

CONCLUSION: there are TONS of other options in the area that provide better bang for the buck. I've stayed in too many hotels to waste a night and good money on places like this.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Robinsonnewyork
Dear CuMr. Robinson;

I am sorry that your stay at the hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia has not lived up to your expectations.

The whole team would have preferred to have sent us these complaints during your stay at the hotel we had been able to offer some room change or any improvement to have been able to enjoy your stay with us.

I deeply regret receiving this comment from Tripadvisor and we could not have the opportunity to talk in person.

To return to Barcelona and If you want to give us a new opportunity, please feel free to contact me and help you in everything you need.

Sincerely;

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Amazing location, very modern, spotlessly clean, friendly, helpful and cheery staff. Nothing was too much trouble. Within walking distance to many of the key attractions (La Sagrada..La Rambla..)Would definitely return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Pepe F, Director General at Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest;

On behalf of the entire team who works at the Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, we want to express you our thanks for sharing your nice comments about your stay with us with all users of Tripadvisor.

For us it is the daily goal of meeting all customer expectations and offer a wonderful stay with us at Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia.

If you wish to return to Barcelona, do not hesitate to contact me again.

p.fuxa@royalhotels.es
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I liked this hotel. It has a really good location almost next to the Pedrera (currently under scaffolding). The hotel rooms are fab - spacious, clean, quiet - walk in shower, automatic blinds, huge comfortable bed. Good location. Lovely rooms. Breakfast good with outside terrace, nice bar. Downside - this hotel does not seem to respond to emails and I have been charged 5 euros for using the mini bar when I did not consume anything from it. I don't like unauthorised payments from my credit card and this has made me think about handing over a credit card to hotels on check in. My credit card company have refunded the amount as I disputed it but the hotel have not responded. I did call them by phone as I think the principle is important and was told to email - to date no email response. Hotel has no exercise facilities. Has fab roof terrace with great views and pricey drinks. If meeting at EC offices this a perfect location. Rambles and Sagrada Familia both walking distance, 20 mins to Sagrada Familia. I do recommend the hotel. There is a restaurant on the same block that served the most delicious dorada and beach fish. It is called Pomarada

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Pepe F, Director General at Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia we want to say thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel.

It is a pleasure for the whole team that our daily work is reflected in making our guests to enjoy a pleasant stay in our hotel.

Please sent me a private mail concerning the minibar charge and I will offer a solution to solve the inconvenience.

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I booked this room based on the photos of the rooftop terrace and the large bathtub. The rooftop terrace was only open for 2 hours (5-7pm, so not even during sunset) and our room did not have a bathtub. The front desk staff was nice, but the bartender was not. Our room was clean and the hotel was in an excellent location, but other hotels may offer more amenities like rooftop pools and roomier bathrooms for a better price.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank blayton
Pepe F, Director General at Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Mrs. Blayton;

First of all, I just want to thank you for taking your time and explain to all Tripadvisors Members your experience in Hotel Royal Passeig de Gracia during your stay in Barcelona.

As you mentioned, our location is right in the same Passeig de Gracia, the best boulevard of Barcelona, next to La Pedrera, Casa Batlo of Gaudi and the best brands. We are really happy that you like our service at the front desk.

Our Terrace bar opens every day from 15h to 23h during this month of May, except if the weather conditions are not adecuate then we open the Lobby-bar.

If you decide to come back to Barcelona, please do not hesitate to contact with me again and I will help with everything you need.

Best regards.