“Extremely friendly - good tapas and sangria”
Review of La Peninsular

La Peninsular
Ranked #100 of 10,930 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$10 - US$51
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Barceloneta
Reviewed 18 August 2016

We visited this restaurant upon a recommendation from a local friend. The food was very good and fresh but this meant one or two items were not available. The staff were friendly and welcoming. Family of 4 fed for €70.00

1  Thank markcB2790PP
Write a reviewReviews (2,854)

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

We popped in here just because we were passing and fancied some wine and tapas, and it was so good that I'm leaving a review. They displayed their tapas on the bar and it all looked fantastic. When we ordered it lived up to expectations. So, great wine and great tapas. Not too expensive either.

1  Thank Jon H
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

An amazing experience, with real spanish food and super fresh fish from Barceloneta lonja, the best option in this warm neighbourhood

1  Thank Miguel A
Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

Indeed you can read all the reviews and say OK let 's go as it seems good.
And it is good but the fact is :
Quality is good, not excellent but good
When you order a drink except to have the Kas from Lidl instead of Schweppes or Fanta, but you pay the same price....
Beer is served in glass which is not beer glass, OK I am a beer purist and I like to have a real glass for beer.
Tables are really small so do not except to have place to move around.
Plates are small so except to eat into a plate from Grand ma service.
Except this and I rephrase it, this is good really but price is expensive for the quality of the material and space.
This is a Bodega, small but with charm for who is seeking this kind of place.

1  Thank frederic_cerdan
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Headed here based on TA reviews. Really enjoyed the tapas and wine and their service although slow was very friendly and helpful. Sweet little tables and chairs. I'm not sure I was blown away by the food, although it was good, however I always use TA for selecting where we eat, so I don't have anything bad to compare it to. I overheard a group say it was the best food they'd had in Barcelona.

Date of visit: July 2016