“Simply Amazing”
Review of Simuteca

Simuteca
Ranked #34 of 112 Fun & Games in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: Aeroteca/Simuteca offers you the experience to fly in real scale cockpits of our flight simulators. You can choose to pilot alone an small airplane in our full-motion simulator or you better seat with our instructor in a real size cockpit of the passengers airliner Boeing 737-800. Once inside, you will forget that you are on ground, because you will feel you are really flying. Become a virtual pilot in Barcelona.
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Simply Amazing”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Tried the 737 simulator, it was an impressive sensation. Kind team, very good explanations and finally an incredible experience. If you want to know how complicated it is to pilot such a plane, don't hesitate.
The instructor explained us that real pilots come and train using their simulator. I definitely want to try it again !!

7 Thank Its-In-Credible

• Turkish first
Ann Arbor, Michigan
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Must see for aviation lovers.”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was the highlight of my trip to Barcelona. For a very reasonable price, I booked an hour in their Mooney simulator. It was as realistic as it gets. You are provided with some basic instruction and then given the opportunity to be Tom Cruise (with multiple lives if you fly like Stevie Wonder). This is the real deal for anyone remotely interested in aviation, regardless of skill level.

I booked this about two weeks ahead of my trip through email. You will need to give them your credit card number and schedule a time frame with Jordi, who is the same person you meet on the date of your flight. Jordi is really nice, knowledgeable and speaks perfect english. This was a great experience.

Visited August 2014
5 Thank Amy_and_Jeremy
Barcelona, Spain
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A unique place, must see in Barcelona for flight amateurs”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Take into account: this is a bookstore, not an atraction. But it is a bookstore devoted to flying. Books of every kind (from technichal manuals to comic books), accessories for pilots, flight simulators and model kits. The amount of stuff is overwhelming, while you have more than enough space to walk around it and check everything. The shop personel is helpful, and kind enough to let curious people just peek at everything in peace. So yes, it is "only" a bookstore, but if you are a flight amateur, and you are in Barcelona, it will be unforgivable to not to pay a visit to it.

Visited March 2014
4 Thank Didac M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Delightful experience”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We went to the aeroteca which was recommended by trip advisor. I had a bad day before getting there because it was hot and my feet were aching because my girlfriend constantly wanted to go shopping. But as soon as the owner Jordy started to describe how i was to take off fly and land i went into another world. He made me believe it was an actual flight because his enthusiasm reflected at me. After that experience he gave us a tour in the aeroteca which ultimately is a museum of aerial history. I wouldn hesitate to recommend this place to anyone children or grown uo.Thx Jordy

6 Thank Marie R
Houston, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Change up your Barcelona Experience”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

In Barcelona for a weeks holiday with 14 year old son Stephen - both fed up with the usual tourist spots so I searched for something different - came across this site - - YOU HAVE TO DO THIS !!
due to prior arrangements we only had one shot at it - had not booked in advance - but I sent an email (in English) Monday at breakfast and we were booked up and paid by lunchtime - we had a real blast that afternoon - Maria went shopping !!!! so a real win-win.

Stephen flew the 737 from Barca to Palma de Mallorca - the full works - flight plan briefing, all the checks, back up ,take off , way points, in flight checks and finally the landing - Jordi was great - you can do it in English - but we switched to Spanish to keep Stephen on his toes - it was an hour (120e) did not seem that long because it was that good - then we had 15 mins each (total 30e) on the Moody - the full motion light plane simulator with - the other Jordi acting as guide and back seat pilot to help.

long and short - a great time - do the 737 if you want to get a serious feel for what pilots do - but if you just want to take off, fly around an island and try find the airport while missing the hills !! - like I did - do the moody BTW - you still have to control the plane - watch the instruments etc - and friends can watch / record your performance - I wish we had booked the moody for longer - but overall great fun - Stephen landed the moody safely - but then finally parked it on the golf course (just past the airport) !! - Me - ? - a bad landing - broke the nose wheel but I walked away - LOL

again - YOU NEED TO DO THIS