Rodamon Barcelona Hostel
US$214
US$286
US$245
  • Pool
All reviewsbed female dormdiagonal stationi stayed in a private roomtop bunkgreat locationensuite bathroomstaff were incredibly helpfulfree breakfastcommon areassafe areaair conditionerpublic transportstayed nightseasy accesssagrada familiala ramblacentral location
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I stayed here for three nights and loved it! The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. The location is great, Diagonal metro station is a two minute walk away and the Sagrada Familia is about 20 min walk away (other amazing Gaudi buildings are even closer). The beds are extremely comfortable and clean, with a curtain that covers your entire bunk, giving you privacy (other hostels should do this!). Each bunk has a plug and lamp to you can charge your stuff on your bed. Each person has a big locker too, large enough to fit a large travellers backpack. Breakfast is included and looks great (although I didn't have any). There is a small bar but this is a chilled out hostel, not a wild party place. There's also a really nice little terrace with lots of tables and chairs for relaxing in the sun. Highly recommended, I'll be staying there again next time I'm in this beautiful city!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 13 May 2014

10 stars out of five! Love it! Barcelona and hostels? Rodamon obviously. Loved the staff, always with an warm welcome and the end of the day (after the all the walking) or at the end of the night (after all the partying) and eager to help at anytime. The beds were comfortable and the restroom pretty cool, with a lot of games, books and stuff from the hostel or left behind on porpouse by other travellers (even found a Game of Thrones book). And the terrace...incredible, especially when you take your breakfast while catching a little sun and listening to all the birds in the area (and aparently they are going to double the space soon). And off course, the location is perfect has I have been told.

Can't wait to go again to Barcelona and of course Rodamon

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was pretty excited to stay here after reading all the great reviews but after three nights I left feeling unimpressed. It's not at all a bad hostel- but nothing made it stand out and I found it very impersonal; kind of like a hotel. Free breakfast was a plus, rooms were spacious and beds were comfortable ( although you only get a thin sheet not a comforter). The outdoor patio was a perk as was the fancy coffee machine. But the shared bathroom was tiny- especially the showers; no where to put your clothes other than over the door and I was constantly worried they would get wet. I stayed in the 6 bed female dorm and there was no windows outside... But one above my bed to the kitchen which was weird and kept me up at night when people would go in and turn the light on. The location was in a nice, safe area but for me it felt a little far. It is close to an underground but I always prefer to walk and it's a good 15-20 minutes to place Catalunya and la rambla. The staff, though nice when you talked to them, didn't go out of their way to offer advice or mix with the travellers. Overall not a bad place but definitely lacking the backpacker hostel atmosphere that I am used to. It's also quite difficult to find as it's not well marked.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The Rodamon was a nice hostel, close to a metro station, and within walking distance of most attractions. However, I found the hostel lacked atmosphere, and was not good for meeting people as a single traveller. Also they keep the temperature tropical, way too hot for me!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 February 2014

A really nice locations. Just around three-minutes-walk to metro station called Diagonal. They offer a girl only room which is really suitable for girls who travel alone. I love Barcelona and I will miss here!

• Stayed: February 2014