“Great hotel, great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of H10 Port Vell

H10 Port Vell
Ranked #22 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
Seattle, Washington
“Great hotel, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed only a night, but would definitely good back. Fantastic hotel, very friendly staff, excellent location (very close to La Rambla). Don't be taken aback by the looks of the side street that it's on. The only slight negative is that the taxi's don't know where it is (since it's so new).

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MouWa
HMBARCELONA, Director Comercial at H10 Port Vell, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear MouWa,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying in ouur new Hotel, and for sharing your review.

All the staff is working very hard to satisfy all our custommer's desires.

I will be more than pleased to welcome you in your next visit to our wonderful city.

Sales Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Catalonia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Our stay was very short so we can´t comment very much. The staff were very helpful at all times, the hot breakfast was nice too.The location was nice, we would consider staying there again if needs be.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for a short break with my husband. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, booking restaurants and taxis for us. The bar and restaurant staff were also lovely and made us feel very welcome. The standard of the accommodation was high and the breakfasts were delicious. Would highly recommend!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauraj4456
Dear Lauraj4456,

On behalf of all the staff, I would like to thank you for your time used in sharing this opinion.

We are more than pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay.

I hope that in your next visit to Barcelona H10 Port Vell will be your choice.

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed with my wife for 1 night.
What can I say:
- location is cool:
- personal friendly, helpful, positive;
- breakfast - cool!
- rooms comfortable and clean;
We really like it and will definitely stay there next time in Barcelona.
Recommend this hotel as really great one!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FrolovO
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is my first trip advisor review. I decided to write one because the stay at the H10 Port Vell was really exceptional. I have travelled extensively around the world and know what I want from a hotel but I came away really impressed after our first trip to Barcelona.

We originally considered trying to stay in an apartment through AirBnB or somewhere similar. But we found a deal through Secret Escapes deal, and enjoyed the 'extras' that were included like the cocktails and excellent breakfasts, which really set us up for the day.

I was wary as I don’t usually go for ultra modern hotels. But the H10 had the feel of being modern without being over the top, and new without feeling untested. The room was bright, clean, functional and traffic noise was minimal. I would echo other comments about the lack of a soap/shampoo holder in the shower, and the transparent toilet door which might be considered a bit strange. But other than that, the room was spacious and the bed was very comfortable. The Nespresso coffee maker was a nice touch and saved on spending money on coffees.

The staff went above and beyond what was required. We received a bottle of cava and cake for our wedding anniversary and were upgraded to a double room with a balcony and port view. I have a gluten allergy and the chef made gluten free bread available each day at breakfast. We received great tips on local places to try for dinner/drinks which made the evenings really 'authentic' and staff helped navigate booking tickets for the Basilica.

H10 Port Vell is certainly worth visiting. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for port view, if you can as it comes with a small balcony
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank VL_JMW
HMBARCELONA, Director General at H10 Port Vell, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Dear VL_JMW,

First of all I would like to thank you your comments.

We are very happy to see that you had a nice stay in our Hotel, and happier to check that we are your fist review!

I will share your opinion with all the staff.

We are looking forward to host you soon.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is a new-ish hotel (the taxi drivers don't know where it us, so just give the address!) and the immediate impact is that it's a small, renovated building, just on the edge of the action, 5 mins from the Port Vell marina, the bottom of the Ramblas and a step or two into the higgledy streets of the old town.

Reception is "designer" (black tiles and walls, lime green furnishings), and the welcome is very friendly and helpful. There's a genteel lack of polish at times, but totally winning and authentic.

Rooms have a 'wow' impact: very generous size, new and thoughtfully arranged. Plenty of luggage space, for example.

Bathrooms also large, with powerful showers.

There's a nice roof terrace for taking a drink, nap or (small) plunge in a pool the size of a footbath, but it was a bit cold during my visit ;)

Breakfast was surprisingly good - very nice buffet selection, fresh fruit and a small but solid cooked options. In all, punching above its weight.

The downsides?
- SOUNDPROOFING. There isn't any. The wooden floors amplify noise and clicks and the walls are just so thin that conversations in the hall or next room are audible. I didn't mind (I was tired and the spanish was melodious rather than odious), but others would.
- room service - while it was clean there were a number of errors eg in replenishing the mini bar.

To counter these there's free wifi, ridiculously reasonable bar prices and charming helpfulness and welcome from the staff.

The front of the hotel opens onto a car park/unsalubrious dropping ground for trolleys and the odd matress (!). If you are sensitive to the 'pavement presence' of the hotel you may find this a bit edgy still and also a little off the main tourist drag.

For me, however, it was perfect for my client's offices, and I spent three nights here for the price of one night in a more mainstream luxury hotel. I will be pleased to go back next time I have a chance to visit Barcelona on business.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view go first. High and port-side would be great. I had an internal courtyard/lightshaf...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank ianjindal
HMBARCELONA, Director Comercial at H10 Port Vell, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear ianjindal,

First of all I would like to thank you for the time used in sharing your opinion of our Hotel.

I am pleased to see that you had almost a pleasant stay. I can assure you that we take in consideration your comments regarding the soundproofing and room service, and try to do our best to improve on it.

I hope that our Hotel will be your choice in your next visit to Barcelona.

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Folks, book this hotel today. It is amazing, the staff are so helpful. Location is excellent, overlooking the Marina. Just 5 trains stops from the Airport. A 5 minute stroll to La Ramblas. Breakfast was the best of any Spanish hotel Ive stayed and at all times the service was outstanding

I would just like to thank the staff for a pleasurable stay 27-31 Jan 2014. Cannot wait to go back

Liam & Elizabeth
Belfast.

Room Tip: Does a room location really matter. Get out and explore the beautiful city of Barcelona
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple