“Just fantastic”
Review of Cientoocho

Cientoocho
Reserve with
Cientoocho is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 9,540 Restaurants in Barcelona
Price range: US$34 - US$45
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Eixample
Oslo
“Just fantastic”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Accidentally stumbled upon this restaurant close to our hotel. We were the only guests when we arrived, and were given excellent attention by the waiter and waitress. (All evening, though there were more guests later in the evening).

We shared the spicy potatoes with ham for a starter. The menu is very conservative in the way it describes the dishes, and we would very soon discover all the taste and presentation a short description in the menu could never prepare us for.

I had steak and my girlfriend had fish for main course, and it was all delicious. In addtition to all food being very tasteful, the presentation stood out from all the other meals we had in Barcelona and made this the best meal during our visit this time.

We had apple cake and cheese cake for dessert, and what a dessert. Highly recommendable. We were also treated with a glass of cava to accompany the dessert - amazing!

Prices are very reasonable. This is really worth it and more.

1 Thank ReiseFrosk

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Oxford
“Great steak and friendly service... but pricey for what we had...”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Three courses, one bottle of wine and a bottle of water 90euros. So not cheap but the food was good. Steak on the griddle was beautiful as was the butterscotch dessert. Probably could have passed on the starter - croquettes and scallops - were ok but not worth the price.
It wouldn't take a lot to make this place amazing. I agree that the chef uses too much salt but I like food salty so that was ok.
Probably wouldn't go back as it was a bit pricey for what we had - given meals we had elsewhere that were delicious and much cheaper. Sorry Cientoocho as we did have a pleasant evening.

La Rochelle, France
“Superbe service and atmosphere”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We went there with some friends and had an amazing time !
The bartenders are really professionnal and very nice guys and the prices are very correct !
We didn't come there to eat but we should have seeing the pictures !

Enjoy this place guys and don't hesitate to spend some time there !
The Bellotta ham is amaziiiing !

Palm Desert, CA USA
“Wanted to like it, but too many issues”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and my birthday at Cientoocho based on Trip advisor recommendations, but were very disappointed. The cafe was bright and cozy, and well decorated. My steak was very good, but from there, everything was negative. My wife ordered sea bass, but was told they were out of it. She was told there was another fish available, which was very similar, so she ordered it. It was nothing like sea bass, except it was a white fish. One side of the fish was undercooked, which was very unappetizing. Bread was only brought to the table when we asked for it, and that was with the main course. More attention needs to be taken with the cleanliness of the stem ware and plates. The plates had a visible swirled. Film, and the wine/champaign glasses had what appeared to be dishwasher film on them. Someone needs to spend a little time wiping them down. Since we had mentioned it was our anniversary and birthday celebration, we were poured a glass of champagne after our dinner, but unfortunately it was "too little, too late"

Valencia, Spain
“Too salty & oily”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

My partner & I went for a meal at Coentoocho based on the trip advisor reviews, the setting, ambience & service is great, however for me the food unfortunately let it down, it was nice, but for my personal liking too oily & salty, my partner & I shared the t bone steak which came out on a hot griddle, it was huge but it had a lot of fat running through the meat (I mean, a lot!) & there was so much oil on the griddle which just wasn't needed with that much fat already running through the steak, which was also covered in salt. It was an ok meal, i was just expecting a lot more based on its position on trip adviser. On a plus side the wine was great & cheap!

Visited May 2014