“Fantastic hotel, here right now” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sercotel Amister Art Hotel

Sercotel Amister Art Hotel
Ranked #124 of 522 Hotels in Barcelona
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel, here right now”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

This hotel is not to be missed, fabulous room with bathrobes, chocs, Molton Brown toiletries. We have the balcony room 207, fab. Haven't got as far as breakfast yet, but I have every confidence in this place. Such lovely touches

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Goode, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We chose this hotel to begin our 50th. Wedding Anniversary trip to Spain based on the reviews and we were not disappointed. From the moment we found the front door to the moment we left, we were very happy with our stay. The staff was amazingly helpful. When we tried to get online tickets to the Sagrada Familia and couldn't due to a web problem, Christine, tried to get us tickets at home after she had finished work for the day. She was always very personable and willing to help us. Oriel was also very friendly and helpful. He helped us get tickets to the double-decker Barcelona City Bus Tour which was excellent. As our daughter was touring with us (she was born in Spain and this was her first trip back as an adult), our room for three people was spacious, comfortable, and immaculate. We enjoyed the art work displayed throughout the hotel. Also, the fruit infused water in the lobby was a welcome relief on a hot day. The bed were very comfortable with excellent linens. I would highly recommend this hotel. The train station is close by and a 20 minute taxi ride from the airport.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Judy H
Ildefonso_Moyano, Director General at Sercotel Amister Art Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Judy,

we really thank you for choosing us in such a special date as your 50th Wedding Anniversary. Congratulations!

Cristina, Oriol and all the team appreciate your kind words. It is a pleasure for us taking care of our guests with a maximum quality of service and with little details that make the difference.

Thank you again and please contact us for your next visit to Barcelona.

Best regards.

Ildefonso Moyano
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I had no idea what this hoel would be like when it was booked for me at Flight Centre. Online photos of hotels, inside and out, can be deceptive. But I need not have worried. The hotel is about 10 miutes' walking distance from Estacio Sants, Barcelona's main railway station, very good for travellers coming direct by train from the airport. The reception staff were welcoming and friendly. There was a letter of welcome and gift wrapped chocloate snack in the room and right through my 7 night stay I experienced this same welcoming, caring spirit.

The double room I had was quite spacious, clean and always well maintained by the cleaning staff. Toiletries were replenished every day.

Buffet breakfast on the mezzanine level was an experience. One of the staff had noted my first preference for tea each morning (coffee came later) and within minutes of entering the dining room a pot of freshly made tea appeared on my table! The variety of dishes was good and personal orders for cooked food were promptly filled.

I want to reiterate that I cannot speak too highly of the staff at the Amister Art Hotel, from reception and dining room to cleaning and room service.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Felicitaciones al personal en el hotel Amister Art y gracias por su atencion.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dr Rodger Winfi... H
winchester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

The only reason that this hotel did not get a 5 is because the beds were so hard that all three nights I spent there were not good quality nights' sleep.

However, I accept that perhaps I'm just a human being that needs a softer bed and plenty of people would be happy with a firm mattress and, to be fair, the staff did offer me that chance of testing other mattresses to see if I wanted to be moved. I didn't take them up on their offer as I had 3 other people in my room (two teenagers) - would have taken an entire day to move their stuff.

Location isnt great for the centre of town - La Rambla - but you do get used to the 15-20 minute walk.

Other than that, the hotel was clean, comfortable and the staff accommodating. Complementary cava from 7pm in the lobby was a nice touch. All in all, a good value for money boutiique hotel in a beautiful part of the world.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lily23007
Oxshott, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Amister Hotel is a fantastic place to stay , we had three nights , and enjoyed every minute.
The Staff are friendly , efficient , kind and also have a great sense of humour and understanding.
They help with travel arrangements around the bus / tube network plus advising on trips.
If I was the owner I would be very proud of this Hotel.

Room Tip: we were in 603 , no complaints.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chris L
Ildefonso_Moyano, Director General at Sercotel Amister Art Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Chris,

Thank you so much for your kind words!
I am not the owner but I am very proud of the hotel and especially of the team! They develop an amazing job and provide the best service possible to all our guests.
You can recognize when someone is just working or enjoying its work.

Thanks for taking the time to write the review and hope being able to welcome you again very soon.

Best regards,

Ildefonso Moyano
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

I have been traveling for over 30 years and stay in some good places and bad, i recently took a trip to Barcelona with my dog. The hotel staff we perfect exactly what you want when far from home. Kind, friendly, helpful and they know everything.

I would recomend Amister Hotel to all travelers. Value for price, clean, great space and perfect staff. My dog was reated like a king and so was I.

A must stay hotel!

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank LAScheid
Brasov, Brasov, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best 4* hotel I've stayed. The hotel is very clean, well maintained. Very nice people there. Room was very confortable, very nice decorated and clean. A bit noisy tough from the traffic. It had the best free WiFi I ever used in hotels. Breakfast was OK. The hotel it's very close to H10 and other bus stations which is very convenient. It's also reasonably close to A1 and A2 Aerobus stations. Just need 10 - 15 minutes to get there. Taxi from airport to hotel is 32 Euros, so this is also a good option for a small group. In total we had a great time there and we will for sure return if we ever get in Barcelona again.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Octavian S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Barcelona
Hotel Ciudad de Castelldefels
Hotel Constanza Barcelona
#74 of 522 in Barcelona
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,956 reviews
Best Western Premier Hotel Dante

Been to Sercotel Amister Art Hotel? Share your experiences!