“Nice but impersonal”

Hotel Zenit Borrell
Ranked #327 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I must admit I didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel, and didn't eat whether breakfast nor anything else. My single room was a bit small, but clean and comfortable, and the bed was definitely big enough. In the mornings, I could hear the cleaning staff and other guests very very well, which was a bit annoying. WiFi is for free and works most of the times. The nearest metro station, Hospital Clinic, is a 5 min. walk from the hotel, and it's the blue line which takes you to the Sagrada Familia in about 5 min. Other than that, there's not much to do in the hotel's surroundings. It's definitely not a bad hotel, but I found it impersonal and a bit too expensive for what I got.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank IslanderFM

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Before my stay, I was reading the reviews and I felt a bit put off by the complaints about not getting soap or internet service. BUT, from check in to check out, it was great. No complaints. The room is small, but in tourist countries like these, I expect the rooms to be small. As long as it's clean and renovated, I'm fine with it. The room was spotless and the bathroom was very clean. I felt comfortable. Internet worked fine. The service at the front desk was great as well. If we had any questions they were there to help. The hotel is located close to Hospital Clinic Metro on L5, about 7-10 min walk. It's not right around the corner, but it's decently close. It was easy to get around from the hotel. I'd recommend this hotel for a visit to Barcelona.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

The hotel is located on a side street outside of all the action. It has a very modern feel on the inside and was overall a good stay. The value I paid for two nights was average (could have probably found something a little cheaper), but the bed and room were comfortable. Two quirks I had, though: 1) the A/C wasn't working when the temperature became warm in mid-April, 2) the housekeeper threw away my bar of soap and did not leave a replacement. Fortunately I had my own soap, so I didn't have to beg the front desk (as another review had to do). There was a large window that faced a playground in the back, so it was a pleasant awakening with light and happy children playing in the yard. It is several blocks to a Metro station and a little further from some of the bars and clubs.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 June 2013

The hotel was fine- room good, modern and quiet( just a shame about the thoughtless people who decide to have a loud conversation late at night in the corridor).

Ate in the hotel one night and again food fine and good value. Hotel was a little bit away from the main sights but 5 minutes away from the metro and some decent restaurants close by. Not sure the breakfast was worth the extra 10 euros.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank FSMorecambe
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I payed relatively large amount for an extremely tiny room (although advertised for 2 guests). Every evening I had to beg the reception person (not a very friendly guy) for soap and shampoo. He explained to me that he gives me shampoo as a "gift", but all other hotels I ever stayed just have the cleaning crew leave them in the room. I was surprised to hear that I needed a "gift" after I payed more than 1000 euros for the whole stay. I don't recommend this hotel: it's also not very close to the touristic areas of Barcelona.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Pretty much everything went smoothly at checkin, staff was professionally polite. Large, bright and clean rooms. Secure underground parking, requires some skills since it is rather tight. Breakfast was good with enough choices. Free and working internet connection. Very close to metro stop.
The area itself is not very interesting, to visit anything or do some shopping you need to use metro.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Can't really say anything great or anything terrible about the place. Good things: away from La Rambla and the craze, lots of great great restaurants within a half ile walk, rooms are clean and modern. Not so good things: The walls are super thin, we heard our neighbor snoring and the staff wasn't very friendly. Not that they were UN friendly, just kind if there. If you can get a good rate, worth it.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple