“Lovely hotel”
Review of Casa Fuster Hotel

Casa Fuster Hotel
Ranked #73 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Hotel Casa Fuster. When we arrived the cab driver said to us "very good hotel" so we thought, that's good news! We arrived to a warm welcome, and the reception staff were excellent throughout our stay (Juan was great).

The room was spacious, the view was nothing but that's not uncommon for city center hotels. The location is very good - its right next door to shops like Armani, Gucci, and other expensive shops. The room is a very good quality, flat screen TV, very nice bathroom.

We went to the Jazz night to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday, and this was the primary reason for staying at this hotel due to its "World Famous" jazz night in the Cafe Viennes. I have to say the show was brilliant -the jazz performers were so good, and we had front row table. Food was expensive at 100E per head but its a very posh champagne type bar, the meal was superb, and the price included champagne. There was unfortunately two problems: 1) the room was really cold. I asked the waitress to let the Head waiter know. We came straight down from our room, so were dressed for dinner, but you needed a coat and we didn't have one. I lent my girlfriend two napkins for her legs and she had a cardigan, I was chilly in my shirt. I looked around briefly and saw at least two other ladies wearing coats, and two wearing scarves. Come on head waiter, open your eyes! 2) I asked the reception staff to let the cafe know it was my partner's birthday, which they did, but the cafe staff forgot. I complained to the food and beverage manager and he sorted it out, but it was still a shame. What they need to do is to make it really nice, drop the prices of the drinks slightly (very expensive), warm it up, make it more friendly, and then it would be busy all week not just a Thursday night.

The concierge team were fantastic - so nice, and helpful. Do use them if you stay at the hotel. One of them who did not give me his name was great, he used to work in Clapham a few months ago in a bar there, and he looked after us well taking photos, ordering taxis, and also recommending a fantastic Italian restaurant just around the corner called Da Greco - we had a such an amazing meal here.

On our departure, the reception staff passed my post card test by posting our two Casa Fuster post cards for free. So all in all, nice hotel, but we moved to a new hotel for our last two days and just found the next hotel to be something really special, a step above Casa Fuster.

1  Thank TimAll

Reviewed 30 November 2013

I came to Barcelona to enjoy my holidays with and I chose the hotel Casa Fuster because I have been recommended. First of all I have to say the hotel Casa Fuster was awsome, the rooms were acceptable, and also the staff provide a good customer service, from the doorman to the bellboy.
However I felt dissapointed in the checking time; someone called Alvaro, he took a lot of time to assist me to being a 5 star hotel. He also didn't develop the dutties as a proper concierge.
Another point I think was unaveilable, when I came up to the Galaxo Restaurant, I found someone smoking inside the restaurant, what is FORBIDDEN BY THE LAW, and I asked to the staff why was he was allowed to smoke, and they told me he was the owner, Mr. Osuna; unbevilable and deplorable.
Despite of those two facts, I recommend to spend some days in Casa Fuster.

Room Tip: Try to avoid Alvaro concierge. Thanks
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mr B
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We finished a Mediterranean cruise with a two-night stay. We were relieved when an error in the name of our reservation was quickly resolved by the staff. Although our room was rather dark, the bathroom was spacious and lovely. The breakfast buffet the following morning was delicious and the hotel graciously prepared us "box breakfasts" for the morning of our early departure. The hotel's architecture inside and out was fascinating. The hotel central location was convenient and the friendly bellman helped us get oriented. My only complaint about the hotel was the mattress, which was way too thin and uncomfortable for a hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The good .. The common rooms are architecturally interesting. The service is superior, the concierge knowledgeable and staff helpful. The breakfast was good woth ok letters made to order (as a member of Leaders a club this was complimentary)
The bad..as noted in an earlier review the prices are high, especially for alcohol in the bar..32 euros for a double shot of vodka is exorbitant. The room was smaller than expected and you heard the subway from mine.
The ugly .. No blanket on the bed, turndown service folded the bedspread back and the lining of the spread was gross. A dressing table with no bench to sit down. Construction going on from 8:30 am. We traveled with friends and they chose this hotel having seen it in A Woody Allan movie, I would have gone elsewhere,

Room Tip: In the back if you want quiet and high up.
2  Thank JZ16
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel is located in Paseo de Gracia, a very famous street in Barcelona. There is a luxury hotel with an excelent service. If I have to describe something in particular is the awesome breakfast, one of the best that we had in our trips for the world.
I would recomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at Casa Fuster for the last 2 days of our holiday in Spain. Unfortunately, I took ill, could not leave our hotel room and didn't see any of Barcelona. However, if you are going to be sick, you might at well be sick in style! Everyone at Casa Fuster is full of personality and the service is phenomenal. The rooms are spacious, the beds are comfortable and there are 7 pillow options. Guaranteed a good night's sleep!

Hopefully I have the opportunity to return to Barcelona because I would really love to see the city!

Room Tip: I would try for a room on a higher floor so that maybe you don't hear the rumbling of the subway...
1  Thank Frec
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We enjoyed our stay in Barcelona and Casa Fuster provided a comfortable room. Expensive? Yes! But if you don't use room service, have breakfast outside (BuenasMigas, just 100 meters away), Casa Fuster is not that expensive. And for the money you pay you'll get great comfort!

Room Tip: Hotel is on busy street, so many more quieter rooms on the back?
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family