“What a gorgeous place!”

Ranked #74 of 514 Hotels in Barcelona
Young Harris, GA
“What a gorgeous place!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I chose to stay here to "channel" the Gaudi-like architecture. The hotel did not disappoint. It was also in the BEST location. The staff were wonderful. Clean. Bathrooms gorgeous, including the drop ceiling with rose colored lighting and fresh flower. The room had a view of Place de Gracie that I loved. Barcelona is now my new Paris!

Room Tip: Seek one facing the street
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Right off I want to say I didn't stay here just went to the rooftop for pictures--we were walking and I looked up and saw the people --a drink sounded good so we went to the hotel --even though part of the roof was having a private party the doorman told us it was still open to the public--up we went--bought some drinks and enjoyed the expansive view !!! Took some great pics which didn't come cheap--27 euros plus tip for one vodka ,one cava and one white wine ! It was worth it for the view !

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I loved this hotel,we spend 6 days here in June 2014
We had a wedding to attend in Barcelona in another area so had to change hotels were the wedding was taking place for 3 days.As I liked this hotel we extended our stay in Barcelona and asked the front desk to book us further for 4 nights he told me he can book us but will only hold our bookings for 5 minute and prior to this I had asked the front desk to give us a late check out as my husband is handicap and needs time to get ready and was told to call again on the day of check out so I called again to ask for a late check out, the front desk manager was so rude and told me to check out right away and would not listen to any reason,his answer was that it is a business they are running and not much can be done Take it or Leave it,in other words get lost,I felt very insulted,I have allways stayed in 5* hotels and have never been treated like this.I finally asked to talk to the Manager who arranged for our late departure with a minimum extra cost which was fine but it has left a bad impression on me.I come form a family who run hotels and we never treat our guest this way.After the wedding We did extend our stay in Barcelona and went to another hotel just down the road for further 4 nights. Its a shame that Casa Fuster has lost our
business for ever.Pleas train your front desk staff to be friendly and polite...

Room Tip: Front rooms with a balcony on 4th floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Pitstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just back from a three night stay at Casa Fuster. The photos you find on the internet do not do it justice. From the moment we pulled up in our taxi we were impressed, not only with the building, but also the customer service. The porters were ready to greet us and take our bags, this fantastic service continued throughout our stay.

We had a deluxe double bedroom, which was just outstanding. It had everything and more, a separate dressing area, two bathrooms, one with shower other with spa bath, balcony overlooking the city, well stocked mini bar, so many extras from the usual bath gel to toothbrushes, toothpaste, hairbrush, 2 different robes and slippers, too many extras to list them all.

On the last morning we had breakfast on the balcony, absolutely fantastic breakfast trolley and a great way to end our trip.

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you are visiting Barcelona, fantastic location and one of the best hotels I have stayed in.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel has a strong sense of the magical: dramatic colour, dramatic shapes, great views etc. Lovely wait staff. Things do not always function, such as overly complex shower faucets and unfastened fixtures. But you are here for the lovely, sensual experience, cleanliness, absurdly sumptuous breakfast before you go exploring fantastic Barcelona. The building has history and you will feel it. We have a quiet room off of the main street. There is a small but useful 'fitness' room on the top deck, where you can enjoy the views. I have had to photograph the hotel interior as it seems so very Barcelona.

Room Tip: The bottom faucet is temperature. Adjust this FIRST so as not to burn yourself. And leave it alone w...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank JackBlack1952
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 7 June 2014

On an upmarket shopping street near wonderful Gaudi buildings, I'd recommend Casa Fuster over the many other hotels I've stayed in in Barcelona. Best of all is that it manages to combine old-fashioned grand hotel style with up to date room decors. You get both charm and comfort, not always a combination that is easy to find. I stayed there one night on a business trip, but am looking forward to using it as a base for a long weekend with my wife.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed here for one night prior to joining a cruise ship. The hotel certainly lived up to the reviews here on trip advisor. My only points to add would be it was definitely a long way out of the centre of things. Secondly the breakfasts may be raved about but we had to send both the tea and the coffee back as they were not hot, I think if you cannot get this right in this standard of hotel it is poor. You are paying a high price and expect things to be right, but maybe this is nit picking.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple