“Casa Fuster Hotel perfect location”
Review of Casa Fuster Hotel

Casa Fuster Hotel
Ranked #71 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I am finally getting a chance to write a review .We went to Spain in June and stayed at the Casa Fuster for two nights.
The location was perfect and room wonderful.
The roof top had a lovely lounge/restaurant with a beautiful view.
The hotel had a pool up there which was really small.I would close up and add more tables and chairs.
Our stay was very enjoyable

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JanetMaryland_USA
Write a ReviewReviews (1,432)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

What a beautiful hotel in a lovely old building. While our room overlooked a side lane and was therefore a little dark, it was also very cosy and quiet. The Casa Fuster is in a good location in the city centre within easy walking distance of attractions, with lots of shops, good bars and eateries nearby. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. I became ill on our last night which necessitated our staying an extra night. The front desk staff were very helpful in arranging for our extended stay and organising a doctor to come to see me. While it was an unfortunate end to our stay in Spain, at least I was able to recuperate in very comfortable surrounds. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Fantastic hotel right in the city centre with metro station 2 min walk and some premium boutiques 10 min walk. Staff was very humble and polite. Rooms had fantastic interiors, definitely one of the best 5 stars in Europe I have stayed in. The breakfast was exquisite with an unbelievable variety of desert. The reason I have not rated this as excellent is because communication gap / complacency of reception staff. I am a Leading hotels of the world member and requested a late check out on the day I checked in. They told me that they will inform me the day before my check out. Day before when I checked again at night after returning from tourist attractions, the staff mentioned that they will have to check with manager and will inform me 7 next morning. Next morning the manager was not available until 9 which caused a lot of inconvenience to me due to sudden packing as I had to leave for tour at 8.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank traveller_one2014
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was a find on booking.com, and we're so glad we chose it. It was 5* through and through, with very helpful and friendly staff, very comfortable bedrooms, a lovely rooftop terrace, and what turned out to be a great location for exploring around the city. We had a beautiful view of the Sacrada Familia from the room.
The few comments we noticed was mainly very expensive drinks prices - 8Euros for a hot drink!! For this reason we didn't have any breakfast in the hotel and instead went to the many cafes nearby. Drinks on the terrace were expensive but worth it. The pool is a lot smaller than it seems, but that's ok if you're not sunbathing all day. The beds were very comfy, though there's a lack of storage in the rooms and the shower door leaks every time.
Either way I'd recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Most views are over the Passeig de Gracia or Sacrada Famillia which are equally nice. Only go with t...
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We recently stayed at Casa Fuster hotel in Barcelona. This is an excellent hotel, great location and service.

But when we returned back, I happen to check my credit card statement, and to my surprise, I discovered there were additional charges on our credit card. I then called up hotel and found that it was for the minibar usage in the room.

We never used the room minibar, we didn't even know where the mini bar was in the room. Over and above at the time of checkout, when asked, I informed the service desk that minibar was not used. In spite of this we were over billed.

Majority of the customers who stay in this hotel are very busy executives / businessman and may not ever get time to look at the credit card statement.

I strongly advise that everyone should review their credit card statements as this Hotel may be over billing all their customers.

P.S: It is an easy way for Case Fuster Hotel to make money by over billing small amounts (around $50) per customer. Majority of this hotel clientele will never even notice.

3  Thank FoodCritic2013_1
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here in July 2014. The service was impeccable. They were so attentive. The location was great to get around by walking. Close to restaurants, sites, shopping everything Barcelona. I booked two rooms from two different companies and they were nice enough to put both rooms next to each other. I can't wait for my next trip to Barcelona. We will be staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here July 8 to 11 .A beautiful hotel and staff where extremely friendly and helpful , the only drawback was the location , if you are going to Barcelona for shopping then this is perfect ,a bit cut off from the tourist sights but that said , not to far from the Metro and minutes away from everything by train