Casa Fuster Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$267
Grand Hotel Central(Barcelona)
US$552
US$491
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
US$220
US$172
  • Restaurant
US$197
US$150
  • Pool
H10 Marina Barcelona Hotel(Barcelona)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$378
US$325
getaroom.com
1,467 results
All reviewsjazz nightrooftop barpasseig de graciabeautiful hotelturn down servicejunior suitefive star hotelgaudi buildingsplunge pooltapaslocation was perfectloved this hotelsmall poolthe air conditioningstreet noisegothic quarterdoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 December 2008

I have rated this hotel 2 star only because it falls so short of the five star it claims. I stayed with my wife for one night prior to a cruise from the Port on a ship that WAS almost 5 stars the brilliance of the Seas.
The Good: Concierge staff and reception, friedly and professional.
The Building: Excellent and in a good location.
The Room. Comfortable and well furnished.
Public Areas: Well furnished if a little gloomy, due to 'atmospheric' lighting.
The Problems: We retired early (10.30pm) after along day travelling to meet our cruise. We were woken by the dreaded mobile phone being used at full throttle by a memberof staff in the corridor outside our room. Resolved this by getting out of bed and remonstrating.
We were next woken at about 3.am by revellers returning to the hotel. Repoteted this to reception 3 times before action was finally taken.
Breakfast: is a joke for a 5 star hotel. It is now taken in the dining room and the 'hot' section is not kept hot, althogh the cold section has a decent variety. Another problem here is that the meal is taken on low (cabaret drink type) tables making for an uncomfotable experience.
En suite: This is my main gripe, the bath/shower is now very old fashioned and looking very tired. I am sure that when it was first built it was at the edge etc. But now it is out of date, in my view a little dangerous to step out of the quite high sided bath after a shower requires more a lot more care than it should (I slipped, and my balance, weight posture is very good).
Friendly professional staff are up to the job, there are now better quality and value hotels to be has in Barca.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravellerNo2
Reviewed 29 November 2008

This really was a great hotel. It's beautifully decorated, and the service was real 5 star service. Right from the moment we arrived we felt welcome. There was no stuffiness, the staff were very professional, and very friendly.
The rooms were lovely, just the right size, and free internet connection in the room which was a bonus. Shower was excellent. Location was great too, we walked everywhere from here!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Anne_Delaney
Reviewed 6 November 2008

Casa Fuster is located in the most fashionable section of Barcelona - an amazing location, close to shopping and all major Gaudi sites. The building itself is historic and absolutely breathtaking. Since the hotel is located on a major street, and, this being Spain - where dinner is served from 10pm onward - I would suggest you request a room that does not face the street. Mind you, the noise is not overbearing, but it may be too much for light sleepers. The lobby bar/restaurant is beautiful. Stop by for a glass of cava and feel oh so cool. Food is also quite good.

One drawback....the electrical outlets and closet space (or lack thereof). There was only one outlet in our bathroom. This meant my husband and I could not get ready for dinner at the same time. Closet space was minimal. Still, I would return. The rooms were clean and well appointed. Location is amazing!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NYCTtravelgirl
Reviewed 28 October 2008

Booked Casa Fuster via Expedia where they had a very good rate. I was concern they would give me a bad room as a result of the low rate but that was not the case at all. I had a nice corner room. The building is amazing and has been refurbished to very high standards. Breakfast is in a very nice room downstairs but is does not have windows so you may want to consider getting breakfast elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JCLON
Reviewed 21 October 2008

Absolutely nothing but praise for this first class hotel. The location was perfect and having booked through What a Hotel found that we had the most amazing upgrade and lots of little touches that just make the difference between a good hotel and a luxury hotel.
We ate in the main restuarant and the food was excellent.
Nothing was too much trouble and the staff were exceptionally courteous and friendly.
Having researched many of the hotels before we went, I am just so pleased that we picked Casa Fuster and would advise anyone else to do the same!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple