“Great experience in Barcelona”

Watercolor Painting Day Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: An exciting opportunity to paint some of the beautiful sights of Barcelona in plein-air. Between 10.00Am - 1.30Pm. Price includes excellent watercolor tuition, all equipment and a picnic lunch (with wine). See website for both day and weekly courses, prices and booking.
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Paul is such a good tutor and he is very patient to explain how to draw a watering painting step by step, simply follow him, and you can have a brilliant souvenirs worth priceless!

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Just returned from a delightful morning of watercolor painting with Paul on Barceloneta beach! What a fun and interesting experience. I did happen to have some painting experience with acrylics but had never done watercolor and was completed thrilled to learn how fun and easy it was to produce a very satisfying painting. Paul is a wonderful, patient, knowledgable instructor who actually shows you how to create what you want and how to mix colors for the best results. I can't believe how much I learned in a few short hours. Plus, Paul and Angela were extremely accommodating,even when I gave them a wrong phone number, in re-scheduling me the next day. Just an all around pleasant experience and HIGHLY recommend.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This was a really fun activity for my friend and I, and definitely a highlight! With very little experience, Paul patiently taught us techniques to create a wonderful souvenier that doesn't look "homemade" in the slightest. We had a sunny warm day, and it was so pleasant to be artistic outside. Paul's wife was extremely friendly as well and brought us a delicious picnic with fresh, organic sandwiches, juice and yogurt. She was very accomodating to our vegetarian diets. The sandwiches were so good my friend and I recreated them at the end of my weeklong stay! If you're looking to learn something new, take home a unique piece to treasure in your home, and spend a few hours with genuine, pleasant people - this is for you!

1  Thank Monica B
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Let me start by saying that my family did not want to do this. None of us can draw or paint, so the idea of doing watercolor painting in public in Barcelona was scarey and we didn't want to be embarrassed. Angela assured me that Paul was very good and that we had nothing to worry about and we didn't need to have any experience. It was myself, my husband our 21 year old and our 12 year old daughters. We flew into Barcelona on Sunday from Wisconsin. Monday morning we were up early for our class. After finding the location we were met by Paul. He was very patient and explained how to set up our easel and explain to us what we were going to be painting. We all looked at him like he was crazy. He was a great teacher and went step by step with us, explaining about colors, dark to light and told us why we were doing what we were doing. After a few minutes we were laughing and having a good time, forgetting that we were out in public painting. Little by little our paintings were taking shape, even though we were all painting the same thing our pictures were a bit different. The hardest thing was our 12 year old was very critical of her work and tried to be perfect. So that combined with jet lag was a bit much for her. (after we got back to the apartment she decided that her painting wasn't "bad") After our masterpieces were finished it was time for lunch. Angela brought a wonderful lunch of sandwiches, salad, flan, wine and beer. The lunch was amazing!!! I would highly reccomend this class for all ages and experience. Paul and Angela are wonderful people. And we have great souveniors to take home!

3  Thank KATHY S
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Having essentially never done watercolor before, I was nervous about my skill level going into the course. But I had no reason to be worried because artist Paul is so helpful and informative that in just a few hours I had produced a finished watercolor painting that was pretty good! He takes you to a wonderful, picturesque sight in Barcelona - whether an old square or cathedral, the beach, etc. - and supplies all of the supplies. It is so enjoyable to paint outside and capture the atmosphere! The lesson finishes with a delicious lunch made by Angela, Paul's incredible wife. With 100% certainty, I would recommend the course. And if you are visiting Barcelona and want to do more watercolor, then consider doing the week-long painting course where you live in the stunning apartment of Paul and Angela and go out and paint every day for 5 days. It was such an excellent week that I will not forget!

1  Thank RCStravels