“Wonderfully Bohemian Watercolor Painting in the streets of Barcelona!”

Watercolor Painting Day Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: An exciting opportunity to paint some of the beautiful sights of Barcelona in plein-air. Between 10.00Am - 1.30Pm. Price includes excellent watercolor tuition, all equipment and a picnic lunch (with wine). See website for both day and weekly courses, prices and booking.
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My wife (who is not an artist) and I had the wonderful experience of painting a watercolor street scene with Paul Raymonde, and another traveler (Karen), during our stay in Barcelona in July. The day class included all the art materials, energetic guidance and instruction from Paul, and even lunch with wine (or other beverage) and good conversations at its conclusion. This was truly a splendid way to enjoy a vacation morning. We felt like two local bohemian street artists. Afterwards, we each traveled back to the US with a finished ready-to-frame watercolor painting record of this awesome experience. If you go to Barcelona, even if you are not an artist, you should look Paul and his wife Angela up. Try it, you'll love it.

1  Thank Ariel N
There are newer reviews for Watercolor Painting Day Course

Reviewed 29 July 2014

My best friend and I took a watercolor day course with Paul and it was fantastic. He is the kindest man and was extremely knowledgeable. He taught us different techniques so we could understand the concept of watercolor. Paul was also very accommodating; the location that was selected for us was not one that we truly wanted to paint and he was willing to do alternate locations so my friend and I were truly happy with our experience. I have told several friends and family members about our experience and let them know they MUST set aside a morning/afternoon to take a course with Paul. My friend and I thought he was truly amazing and we had a wonderful time. You will not regret this experience! He also included a picnic lunch and wine with the activity and the sandwiches were delicious! :)

Reviewed 29 July 2014

What an experience! As if just being in Barcelona wasn't enough, I spent a morning painting with Paul on La Rambla. I learned so much, and it was one of the highlights of my trip! I was nervous about painting in public, but quickly go over that - I was too busy learning and painting.
I will be taking the week-long course next time I get the chance to come to Barcelona. It's not to be missed!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Spent 1/2 day with Paul painting on the Rambla. A real breakthrough in managing color. My friends say that the painting I did was the best I have done. With definitely return to paint with Paul when in Barcelona

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Paul was very knowledgeable about watercolours, colour mixing and even touched on a little history of art. I am an artist myself but haven't created many watercolours so it was like being a beginner all over again. This class is a different and worthwhile activity to do whilst in Barcelona. You take away a finished painting and get to meet some interesting people. Including the ones who pass by and encourage you. I have never painted outside before and was a little worried about it. I actually took this course to challenge myself. This class is perfect for people who have never done art before because he often takes your pencil and corrects things, mixes colours for you and helps with the amount of water when mixing your colours. I would have liked it to be not as structured as it was very step by step. I would have liked a little more freedom with the art and the choice of subject matter and colour selections. I am sure if I spoke up more and asked for more freedom he would have obliged. I know the step by step is so that everyone can take away a finished quality painting. The location was beautiful, lunch was provided and was delicious. I did learn a lot and hope to try watercolours again. Thanks Paul for the fabulous afternoon.