First thing's first, I like small boutique hotels and am not a stickler for on-site facilities or room service. B-Hotel is the perfect urban oasis for someone who wants a nice, contemporary hotel to stay at but doesn't expect the pampering.
- I prefer hotels that are NOT in the city center but are easily accessible, therefore I would give the location for this hotel as 10/10. 1 minute walk to a metro station and then 2 stops to tourist attractions/city center
- the pool is amazing - I went here every day
- clean, modern, LARGE comfortable rooms (we had a corner room with a desk area and tub)
- provided a LOAD of toiletries
- friendly staff
- a nice, varied spread at breakfast (not sure about the cost as it was included in our hotel package)
- printed off our Sagrada Familia tickets for us and had them ready at reception when we left the hotel for the day
- My only major complaint is regarding the knowledge of the staff: When staff did not know the answer to a question or possibly didn't understand what my boyfriend and I were saying, they would lie rather than risk telling us they didn't know and asking somebody else for help:
1. We asked for extra toothpaste on the second night but the girl at reception (she had short hair and braces) said they had none left but we saw packets of toothbrush/toothpaste sets in the cleaning ladies' carts so we ended up helping ourselves.
2. On our last day we asked if there were any night buses going to the airport since our flight was at the crack of dawn and the man at reception said that there were none and the only option was a cab. I KNEW that the N17 went there, I just wanted them to look up more information since the website was in Spanish only. We went back later and the second guy was more helpful and actually looked it up.
- I feel like more lounge chairs would be a good idea but we often went to the pool earlier in the day so we never had to wait for them
Some of the other complaints about the hotel are trivial and kind of stupid. Complicated lighting system? Railings/bars covering the balcony? Leaking shower? See-through bathroom wall? Yes, the hotel isn't 100% perfect but for what you pay, it's a quality establishment. Anybody who can read can figure out the lights (it's not rocket science - the buttons say TV, WC, On); the railings slide open on the balcony (see photos); don't put belongings on the bathroom floor next to the tub (common sense); there are tiny little blinds in the glass wall between the bathroom and bedroom that can be closed (just look for a switch).
I feel like some people are overtly picky about accommodations. Unless you're shelling out £300 a night for a room, you should be realistic about what you're getting.
I really recommend this place for couples. There's definitely some mood lighting throughout the hotel and the pool is really romantic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- B-Hotel is the one of the best places to stay while visiting Barcelona. Less than ten minutes from the Ramblas, Plaza Catalunya, the beach, and the museums atop Montjuïc, its location within the most exciting area of the city and its proximity to the major conference centers have made B-Hotel a favorite destination for travelers on business or pleasure, as well as a key gathering spot or meeting place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your B-Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- B-Hotel Barcelona, Catalonia