Chic & Basic Lemon
EuroPark Hotel(Barcelona)
US$239
US$217
  • Pool
All reviewshotel marviexcellent locationbig room and bathroommetro stationfirst floorla ramblagreat transport linksimmediate vicinitywould stay againminute walkfive nightscleaned every daytea and coffee making facilitiesstayed here for one nightbarcelona airportstar hotelthe wi fi
Reviewed 1 January 2013

first off i wish tripadvisor would change its scoring system the hotel probably doesn't deserve a 4 but then it wasn't as low as a 3 soooooo 4 it is!

the hotel is easily reachable via the airport bus as the stop prior to placa da catalunya is universitat which is where the hotel is located.

the staff on arrival were fab really good english and without being asked told us about the local area and subway etc.

the room was ok smallish with a small tv and a nice bathroom with a very small bath.

the room itself was a tad rough around the edges and it could do with a lick of paint but this wasn't a major issue for us as we didn't spend a lot of time in the room as we was there for the new years eve celebrations.

the bed, as other people have mentioned, is hard as a hard thing but oddly, thanks to a life long bad back, it was amazing for me, in fact the best nights sleep for a long time.

breakfast was a major let down all pre-packed small cakes and melba toast and a single croissant each along with the worlds strongest coffee.

overall the hotel was adequate given its location and price.

would i stay there again?

probably not as I've stayed in a lot better in the city

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phatbear
Reviewed 3 November 2012

During november 2012 during a business trip we decided to stay at the Hotel Marvi due to location.
First off – Marvi is an independent hotel that does not follow a Radison/Mariot/Best westen std. This means that there are no facilities common to these chains. This is ok, it was business only, so we basically needed a place to sleep.
First off, the staff is very very nice and forthcoming. Good English skills, very polite. Could not ask for anything more on that account.
WiFi is good as well.
Now the less-good part.
The room itself was clean, but smells like chlorine. The beds are incredibly hard to sleep on, and the only 0.8x1 m window goes to a window shaft 3x3 meters wide. So in effect, there is no window.
The breakfast buffet was really bad. Bad tasting coffee, no real selection: 1 type of pre-packaged cake, fruit salad in plastic boxes, VERY dry biscuits and jam. That’s it.
This hotel is basically a bed with a bathroom – nothing more. And a very bad bed. Specially as the AC did not work in our room.
Looking at pricing there are better hotels in same area.

Room Tip: Not recommended at all. IF you choose to get a room, make sure to ask for one with a balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Piotr B
Reviewed 25 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 20 October 2012 via mobile

Located right next to the Universitat metro stop, about 10 min from Placa de Catalunya. Rooms spacious, though minimal furniture. Staff always courteous & nice to give us a room with a balcony with excellent views. Daily cleaning thorough & must leave our keys behind when we go out. Wifi strong in our room cuz they got a separate server for each floor. Only complaint is the meager breakfast. It's buffet style but only 1 croissant, some small packaged dry toast & tiny cake, packaged cut fruit available. Wouldn't it be cheaper for them to buy & provide fresh fruits? Must be some reason why everything is pre-packed. I really craved some protein! But some bkft definitely better than none. There's a Big Bite across the street that sells delicious subs for €2+ and several cafes nearby. Just by the location, cleanliness, & professionalism of the staff, I will recommend Marvi.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Hotel Marvi is in an excellent position with comfortable, extremely clean rooms. The staff are most helpful and welcoming.
I had read about possible noise but had no problem. My room was on the first floor, overlooking the Carre de Pelai and, as soon as I closed the french window to the balcony, the noise could not be heard.
I would have liked tv with some English channels but you can't have everything! Previous reviews have mentioned the breakfast which is not great. I think the addition of self service fruit (rather than the pre packed offering which was meagre) would make breakfast more acceptable. I visited the fabulous food market close by and was amazed by the variety of fruit on offer at good prices. The addition of a toaster would also have improved the experience for me.
Since I knew what to expect, it was not a big deal. I had tea/coffee/juice which kept me going until I got to one of the many cafes in the immediate vicinity.
Because I knew what to expect, I consider I got overall good value for money in such a centrally placed Barcelona hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo