“ONE COOL CASA”

Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona
Ranked #2 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed 1 October 2011

We stayed again twice in September at the very cool Casa Camper ,having visited it on several occasions over the years and also having stayed at other 4 star hotels in the old city...which in our opinion is the only location to stay in this fun city. Camper is virtually right next to CCCB, Macba,the Boqueria and really cool restaurants used by the locals. Highly recommended and within a few minutes walk are Anima, En Ville,Carmelitos and Lobo . all are very reasonably priced and the lunches are a bargain as is Casa Camper. The staff are a fabulous team that are fun and strike exactly the right balance with their guests. Casa Camper offers a 24 hour free snack bar, excellent coffee and drinks...help yourself all day long ,bikes etc and most of all reflects this citys special vibe. Camper will always be our first choice on future visits if we can get in .

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,950)

Reviewed 20 September 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed our weekend stay at this centrally located but quiet modern hotel. Attention to detail and friendly staff are testament to the deserved rating this hotel regularly receives from its guests.The extensive free snacks and soft drinks service is a highlight of the service provided and the lobby/dining area provides a peaceful haven for a short afternoon break from sightseeing. Do not miss a visit to the 6th floor hotel terrace where you can further relax and unwind.

3  Thank james k
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Loved the Casa Camper hotel. Stay here if you want friendly, helpful staff, free snacks and soft drinks, delicious breakfasts cooked to order by a very cheerful chef, central but quiet location, nice bath products, very clean in every way & a cool atmosphere. Don't stay if you want old style, traditional type hotel. This is somewhere very different! Casa Camper was a highlight of our trip.

1  Thank dsheane
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Best location in Barcelona and beautiful rooms and terrace. Great products in the bathroom and very nice "parfum d'intérieur" in the room.
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful.
There is also a great choice of food and drinks free of charge all day long in the lobby/dinning area!
Minus points: not much natural light in the rooms, got food poisoned by one of the salmon sandwiches there...
Serious minus points: bad acoustic insulation between the rooms (one can hear the next room's neighbour shower at 5 am (to catch an early flight?!) and loud water pipes in our room (NB: maybe not the case in all rooms).
Whatsoever, we loved the very special atmosphere of the CasaCamper, but, considering the minus points, we left the place having mixed feelings about it...
Improvements on the isulation issue would make CasaCamper truly amazing!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank OdileParisBxl
Reviewed 16 September 2011

This hotel has the best customer service of any place I have ever stayed. My credit card was stolen when I was en route from the United States. The front desk staff at Casa Camper helped me contact my credit card company in the US and get a new card delivered. They even poured me a glass of wine and commiserated while I was on hold with the Spanish arm of Visa. And they provided great sightseeing suggestions. The staff is very warm and friendly, but not at all pushy. The location is great -- right in the heart of town. The rooms are quiet and immaculate. The breakfast is ample, and there were free snacks available all day (including fruits, yogurt, soup, bread, pasta salad, etc.). I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Stay there, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Nicole28970
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Hmm, where to start. We chose the hotel basedon Trip Advisor reviews, that is why I think it is really important to write mine here as well. This hotel is one of the loveliest we've had the opportunity to stay in. Starting from the location, right in the center of Barcelona, but on a quiet side street where there wasn't much noise, breakfast - maybe the best ever, and of course, the staff, who were so friendly I just wanted to hug them :).

Obviously, the price is not small, but we were not looking for a "budget" option anyway. It does include lots of little freebies and lovely gestures that make you think it's worthwhile to pay a little more. Of course, I need to talk about the complimentary breakfast, which I absolutely loved. The best part is the fact that we could order almost anything we could think of at the kitchen - pancakes, eggs in every shape and form we liked (I recommend scrambled with "everything" - vegetables, mushrooms, ham, I just loved those) and have really hearty meals before going out to explore the lovely city.

I must also mention the tentempié - 24 hour snack area. It has a soup of the day, 3 sandwiches, 2 or 3 salads to choose from and 3 deserts (of which one is always fresh fruit). There are also chips, some crackers, pastries and complimentary tea and coffee, in addition to water, coke and other juices and sodas. It might not seem like much, but it all adds up, and when you are tired and not particularly hungry you can take a tray to the 6th floor and just enjoy the view of Barcelona with your little snack. All just lovely.

The rooms are immaculate, the sheets and towels get changed every day, everything is wonderful and I like the fact that you get proper bottles of shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, lotion that they refill instead of the tiny sized ones that you use halfway through and then get a replacement. I also liked the smell of all the toiletries a lot :)

We found the design of the room quite interesting, the shower was great, the view from the bathroom window (that is actually the room window) overlooking the vertical garden was sooo lovely and there was even a little make-up corner, with mirror and chair and everything :). Over the hallway there is the living room, with a really cute hammock, TV and a tiny balcony overlooking the street. We didn't use it extensively, because we loved the 6th floor terrace, but for really hot days it's a treat to have it.

I left the best for last - the staff: just wonderful. We arrived early, at around 9 am, and Georgina had our room already prepared. Everyone was sooooo nice and helpful, giving us maps and explanations for anything we needed, they booked tables at restaurants and taxis for us, everything with a smile and wonderful manners. The ladies in the kitchen prepared such lovely brakfasts that I wanted to take them home! In the afternoon, if we were not in the room, someone always passed by to make the bed, turn on the music, leave us each a small bottle of water... simple gestures that made our stay just perfect. The free wi-fi was also great, always nice to have, especially with all the internet compatible devices we use nowadays.

All in all? If we come back to Barcelona (and we certainly will), Casa Camper will always be out first choice. Definitely a keeper!

3  Thank Bianca1987
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my husband following Trip advisor recommendations - we were there for 2 nights . We were welcomed on arrival and even though we arrived at 11.30, our room was ready. The room was lovely, very comfortable. The staff were lovely, really good service and very helpful. They recommended a couple of restaurants for us, both of which we liked. Like other guests we didn't use the extra room much as we were out and about a lot but I can see it would be useful with kids. The shower was fantastic and easy to use. I have spent an amazing amount of time in some hotels trying to work out how to switch the shower on! The location is great - really only 5 mins from Placa Catalunya but quiet and calm. The breakfast was great, I had delightful scrambled eggs made for me every day. Would really recommend it and will stay again when I come back

2  Thank ajarvis41